Mobile Terraria Mobile Bugs & Issues Status

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! Timers and traps potentially working by today on google play?! it's a christmas miracle.

Despite the slights given towards the QA or whatever (which is certainly not exclusive to this game), I must say that these daily updates and fixes are pretty unique. You guys are light years ahead of most companies in that regard. Most devs remain silent for months at a time without keepign customers in the loop at all.

Thanks for that. It's pretty impressive.

Last edited:
Our team actually has a LOT to chew on at the moment

Understatement of the month, I'd say...

I totally get you guys need to push getting the game functional for all platforms, so further updates for us iOS people will need to wait. Makes 100% sense, and I'm beyond impressed with how much information you're giving to all of us so we can know what's going on. Again, thanks for that!

That said, I'm working on an iPad with iOS 9.2 and the iOS patch from the 18th, so anything I find is as recent as it gets. I'll file bug reports if I find anything new, but if there are specific things that would help move things forward once you deal with the issues for other platforms, just say the word!

Anyone that plays multiplayer on IOS can you please tell me if character info is saved properly if leaving a hosts world? Because ive been holding off multiplayer thanks to the inventory not being saved properly upon exiting.

Looks like it's fixed. No guarantees, since for us it was hit or miss, but we've had no problem with it since the patch from the 18th.

UPDATE FOR GOOGLE PLAY USERS:

So as I've mentioned previously, I'm part of the internal test group for this version, and the new build I just received this morning does in fact FIX the repurchasing issue! We are still running a few more tests, but with any luck, we'll have this live soon (as in by the end of day today)! It will also contain the fixes that went into last week's iOS update.

And before you ask, we'll have Amazon and WP news coming soon too.

More to come, but I was way too excited and had to share that particular bit of news. :)
Before the 1.2.4 update the game crashed randomly after I advanced to hardmode..
But now it crashes in pre hardmode too..

I really hope this will get fixed in bug fix.

I, too, am happy that some of the more annoying bugs could be squashed by tomorrow! Fishing sounds fun, and farming for bait will be a new problem to tackle.

I'm concerned that some of these 'minor' bugs will be pushed back for another three or four months. The crimson bug and losing the hammer's directionality for automatic use were bugs that existed prior to this last update.

I consider myself lucky that I only had to wait three months for the king slime and goblin scout fix, but why should I have to trade functions I grew used to (not exploits, mind you) for game content? Is the code really so confounded that these additions break things unintentionally?

@505 Games Support Also, yeah, I'm getting the "load world,crash" scenario, and I can't play on my main world. I'm afraid I'll have to delete it and start over. Fix anyone? And also, Shiverthorn won't plant in pots. It'll get destroyed, item and plant. I have to farm on snow blocks, and I don't want anyone to destroy the plants, unlike in pots. I know you and the team are working their best to squash all of the bugs in this update, but please hurry!
still waiting for the Crashing at launch fixing for windowsphone T.T
And it's not just WP, I got it too.

@505 Games Support Also, yeah, I'm getting the "load world,crash" scenario, and I can't play on my main world. I'm afraid I'll have to delete it and start over. Fix anyone? And also, Shiverthorn won't plant in pots. It'll get destroyed, item and plant. I have to farm on snow blocks, and I don't want anyone to destroy the plants, unlike in pots. I know you and the team are working their best to squash all of the bugs in this update, but please hurry! And it's not just WP, I got it too.

Learned the hard way. Had to delete my main world and my event arena due to the .world files becoming corrupted. All i can tell you is that it's a good idea to back up your .world and . Player files regularly so that you can restore them when they break.

This is a problem that is hard to duplicate for the developers. I opened a ticket and supplied them with the corrupted .world files to trouble shoot and see the crashing first hand instead of trying to duplicate it, but they basically just said "thanks" and marked the issue as resolved.

still waiting for the Crashing at launch fixing for windowsphone T.T
@505 Games Support Also, yeah, I'm getting the "load world,crash" scenario, and I can't play on my main world. I'm afraid I'll have to delete it and start over. Fix anyone? And also, Shiverthorn won't plant in pots. It'll get destroyed, item and plant. I have to farm on snow blocks, and I don't want anyone to destroy the plants, unlike in pots. I know you and the team are working their best to squash all of the bugs in this update, but please hurry!
Learned the hard way. Had to delete my main world and my event arena due to the .world files becoming corrupted. All i can tell you is that it's a good idea to back up your .world and . Player files regularly so that you can restore them when they break.

This is a problem that is hard to duplicate for the developers. I opened a ticket and supplied them with the corrupted .world files to trouble shoot and see the crashing first hand instead of trying to duplicate it, but they basically just said "thanks" and marked the issue as resolved.
Ouch. Well, it wouldn't be the first time I've had to restart. Once I accidentally deleted my old main world AND my lunar event (frost, pumpkin) arena worlds and had to restart. Luckily I still had my character.

Ouch. Well, it wouldn't be the first time I've had to restart. Once I accidentally deleted my old main world AND my lunar event (frost, pumpkin) arena worlds and had to restart. Luckily I still had my character.

Yeah. I lost my main world twice since the update. Everything's backed up now so it can't happen again.

The first time I got this super wierd thing where no matter where I touched my screen, it kept saying "are you sure you would like to delete this world?"

I kept hitting no, no matter what, I kept getting this message. Eventually the game crashed and when I went back in the world was gone. I lost all of my biome chests. All of my NPC housing. All of my wiring hubs to different locations in the world. All of my farms. All of my chests and all of my loot, which consisted of every single item in the game.

Yeah. I lost my main world twice since the update. Everything's backed up now so it can't happen again.

The first time I got this super wierd thing where no matter where I touched my screen, it kept saying "are you sure you would like to delete this world?"

I kept hitting no, no matter what, I kept getting this message. Eventually the game crashed and when I went back in the world was gone. I lost all of my biome chests. All of my NPC housing. All of my wiring hubs to different locations in the world. All of my farms. All of my chests and all of my loot, which consisted of every single item in the game.
A different bug resulted in the exact same thing happening to me. I lost all that stuff, and about 8-10 chests of pumpkin moon loot.

The bug I had was a lot more common, and a lot of people on here had the same thing happen (whole world removed except background fixed walls). I think it has been fixed now.

@Loki , thanks for you comments, shows the community is supported. @505 Games Support, I would be glad to help in any way possible with the windows phone fix. I have the latest 8.1 os and updates with Lumia 1520 and Lumia 640. I have installed to internal storage and external Microsd cards to test if the results would be any different. Thanks again! Looking for the new update release.
When is there going to be a fix for Windows phones. I'm gutted this doesn't. Work on my Lumia 640 Lte. I have this on Xbox and my Kindle. Its a great game but I feel a bit fed up as I bought a game that does not work. From reviews I've looked at this problem has been going on for at least a month. Please can you let us know what's going to happen and when. Any info would be great. Sorry for putting this as a reply, I'm new to this forum and not sure how it all works yet.

As far as I understand - they are literally working hand in hand with MS to fix this - so it is not a simple/easy fix, I'm afraid.

Seems they are rebuilding it from scratch in parallel as well, to make sure that things get sorted once and for all - via either route.

It sucks, I know....I would be frustrated as well....but the efforts being made seem strong, and I am not sure what else they could pursue in regards to "paths to fixing this". :(

As far as I understand - they are literally working hand in hand with MS to fix this - so it is not a simple/easy fix, I'm afraid.

Seems they are rebuilding it from scratch in parallel as well, to make sure that things get sorted once and for all - via either route.

It sucks, I know....I would be frustrated as well....but the efforts being made seem strong, and I am not sure what else they could pursue in regards to "paths to fixing this". :(
When you say 'rebuilding from scratch' do you mean they are getting rid of all the coding and starting anew? Sorry I'm not exactly a computer engineer.

Also, what would a consigliere do on the forums? This isn't the mafia

Last edited:
Here are some Otheer bugs I actually found (Here I am again).

• If a Corruption "Jar" is broken, the broken parts will appear as Golem Jars.
  • The Overworld's Floating Island background don't have the Waterfall Animation.
  • The player's head in Inventory Glows (Picture below)
    Screenshot_2015-12-22-21-02-03.png

I found a new bug.
Although it should be my 300 or 350th zombie killed by me. Game always says it's my 50th.
That's the only enemywith that bug. Slimes and other mobs are in the correct number.
I killed 500. Game said ikilled 500.
But to zombies it doesn't matter 200 or 1000. It says 50th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom