Official Terraria Now Available on GOG!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before hand, does it cost money to publish a game on GOG? I looked into it, but I don't have a good game idea, and I want to have a good idea before paying money to publish if I have to.

I don't know whether it costs money there or you have to split the sale income (but mostly you have to split sale income which is good).
Perhaps the person who published Terraria knows more :D(tag: @Loki @Tunnel King ) .

Good game idea, i always ended up making short games with my own idea xD (I am game dev too).

Before hand, does it cost money to publish a game on GOG? I looked into it, but I don't have a good game idea, and I want to have a good idea before paying money to publish if I have to.
I don't know whether it costs money there or you have to split the sale income (but mostly you have to split sale income which is good).
Perhaps the person who published Terraria knows more :D(tag: @Loki @Tunnel King ) .

Good game idea, i always ended up making short games with my own idea xD (I am game dev too).
I don't know the answer to this, I'd imagine that it would be different for you vs Terraria. Re-Logic publishes Terraria; they use Steam, the Humble Store, and now GoG to distribute it.

This is getting away from the thread topic though; I suggest you contact GoG by email or thoroughly read the information on their site to get answers for your questions.

edit - not in the Humble Store currently; it was part of a recent Humble Bundle (required Steam activation).

Last edited:
I don't know the answer to this, I'd imagine that it would be different for you vs Terraria. Re-Logic publishes Terraria; they use Steam, the Humble Store, and now GoG to distribute it.

This is getting away from the thread topic though; I suggest you contact GoG by email or thoroughly read the information on their site to get answers for your questions.

Got it.

I'm excited, how is it redeemed? With codes? Are there easy giftable copies?

Yes. You can buy the game on gog.com as a gift (either insert the recipients email adress or use your own adress to get a redeemable code) More details can be found here: http://www.gog.com/forum/general/how_does_one_make_a_gift_aka_gifting_on_gog_for_dummies/post1

What's the difference with DRM free exactly...?
When using Steam or comparable services you are dependant on a service to provide the installation files and your access to the game. DRMfree means that you can install and use your game anywhere at any time without restrictions (hardware requirements and such still apply of course)

Yes. You can buy the game on gog.com as a gift (either insert the recipients email adress or use your own adress to get a redeemable code) More details can be found here: http://www.gog.com/forum/general/how_does_one_make_a_gift_aka_gifting_on_gog_for_dummies/post1

With Steam you are dependant on a service to provide the installation files and your access to the game. DRMfree means that you can install and use your game anywhere at any time without restrictions (hardware requirements and such still apply of course)

Thanks!

Awesome! Now I own 3 copies of the game (Steam, signed collectors edition & GOG) haha :) Also, the albums are a nice bonus.

This is a great idea to have the game & the soundtrack bundled together!
But I have one question: Can save files from the Steam version be used on the GOG version?

Out of curiosity, will the soundtracks also be available for purchase on Steam sometime in the future? I don't mind paying for it on GoG, of course. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom