Terraria: Otherworld Terraria: Otherworld - An Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be completely honest, there are several reasons I hardly ever reply to suggestions / discussion / speculation threads (although I love reading them!!)...not wanting to ruin surprises is one of them. Spoiling stuff to keep people interested and spoiling stuff to the point where everyone knows everything before the game is even out is always a distinction in the back of my mind. Besides that, I often see ideas mentioned that I either absolutely do not want (and I don't want to be rude), or ideas that are already in the game but I either don't want to say or we did it just slightly different. In the end, I still want your mind to be blown when the game is in your virtual hands.
Exactly. Plenty of ideas sound good written down, but would in truth be worse for the game than they seem. Definitely best to have a well-knowing developer make the decisions on things. I cannot wait to see what gets brought to the table when all is said and done!

Spoiling stuff to keep people interested and spoiling stuff to the point where everyone knows everything before the game is even out is always a distinction in the back of my mind.

when Pokemon Red/Green was released, Pokemon Merchandise soon followed the Hype. but Nintendo did something very Clever. instead of "open the floodgates" to release all the Merchandise. they gave enough Merchandise to keep the hype up. if they instead just Released everything at once, Pokemon wouldn't be so Popular today.
what i want to say is:
if i have the Choice between getting all the Information about a "soon" releasing game, or Knowing nothing about it (except for some Trailers) until it's releasing.
I would choose the second one, it keeps the Mystery and Surprise of the game when you finally see it Downloading in your Steam Library.
so, keep it a Mystery! :D

Actually, this game should be considered a work of art and unique in its style. I've played many games of this concept and none compare to Terraria 1.3, much less be compared with Terraria otherworld . No doubt, this will be a total success.:)

Looks amazing, I hope buildng will be an as important factor in terraria otherworld as it is in terraria.

Exactly. Plenty of ideas sound good written down, but would in truth be worse for the game than they seem. Definitely best to have a well-knowing developer make the decisions on things. I cannot wait to see what gets brought to the table when all is said and done!

You give us too much credit...most of our ideas sound great on paper too and end up being total :red: once implemented. Luckily, those are ideas you will never see ;)

Question;

Will the Otherworld game engine be powerful enough to include more than 4 liquids?

The amount of different liquids has no consequence for the game's performance, so yes.

Looks amazing, I hope buildng will be an as important factor in terraria otherworld as it is in terraria.

It would not have the Terraria name on it if it didn't, that is such a staple of the franchise.

I wish that there was at least some sort of a timeline as to when it will be released. What I am fearing is that we won't see it until next year. I, I just can't wait that long.

I am struggling to find a game to play right now. I have already beaten Terarria as many times as I would like to and played the game out as far as it can interest me. I'm just not a huge fan of building elaborate bases. So now I sit here bored and the only other thing I can think to do is get drunk.

So now I sit here bored and the only other thing I can think to do is get drunk.

you do know that Terraria isn't the only existing Game, right?
there are other cool, time consuming games.
like:
"FTL:faster than light", (i haven't beat it once)
"Factorio", (perfect for me, Logic + Automation and modding)
"FTB/AT/TECHNIC", (modded Minecraft is best Minecraft, i know quite some things there :3)
"Undertale", (the feels bro...)
"League of Legends", (very time consuming)
...i could go on wirg this for some time, but well.
just get something to do in the time T:Ow comes out.

Will the Otherworld game engine be powerful enough to include more than 4 liquids?[/QUOTE]
Probably I like your ideas man there cool

you do know that Terraria isn't the only existing Game, right?
there are other cool, time consuming games.
like:
"FTL:faster than light", (i haven't beat it once)
"Factorio", (perfect for me, Logic + Automation and modding)
"FTB/AT/TECHNIC", (modded Minecraft is best Minecraft, i know quite some things there :3)
"Undertale", (the feels bro...)
"League of Legends", (very time consuming)
...i could go on wirg this for some time, but well.
just get something to do in the time T:Ow comes out.
Thank you. I will check those out, all except minecraft. I am not a fan of minecraft or any of it's mods.

In all honesty, I am not much of a gamer. It is rare for me to play games, but when I do find one that I like then I usually fall in love and play it for months on end and then go for years without playing any games.

AGHHHH!!! I CAN'T WAIT TO PLAY IT!!!!
[DOUBLEPOST=1453907267,1453906834][/DOUBLEPOST]That crystal like biome shown when they show the crimson looks AMAZING:redmunch:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom