Terraria: Otherworld Terraria: Otherworld - An Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is very hard to determine that really...right from the start we were aiming to release something akin to 1.1., mainly because it needs to have a clear start and a clear end story wise. But since it is still a sandbox game there is a distinction between game progression and story progression. In terms of sheer content I think we are already beyond 1.1. although I don't remember out of the top of my head how many items there were in 1.1

Thank you very much for the quick reply. Very much looking forward to the game.

This was originally an Update Post, but now it's just a Discussion Thread for T:OW.

Ahh, Communities.

I'm waiting very axiously, not only for the game launch, but for the T:OW community forum launch - i'm itching to make suggestions! I can't wait to see other people's suggestions! I can't wait to see the devs shamelessly teasing updates! i want it naow! :D

So here is how I see it. Usually a game starts to build hype by giving hints and secrets as they begin production and then near the end of production. With that said, I wouldn't count on getting this game anytime soon. I respect your guys decision to stay quiet on the thing but there is a difference staying in the dark or staying in the shadows, and even the day perhaps. You guys have been in the dark this whole time. You give a hint every six months rather hints every other month. I am surprised at how this is being approached... I would think you do very small hint every other month to keep hype up and to keep fans more interested in buying etc. I honestly do not see this game being out until second half of year at least. Worst comes worst we won't get it until early next year. I love/hate the decision to announce it and to keep spoilers at a high minimum. I think I would rather have them announce there game when they do but from there point of view I would have either announced it later or released more hints to keep us interested and to show that you are working on it. I wonder if they will still have a similar approach for there next game. I would rather know that we have a new game than wait in the dark for an extra year. As for why I don't think will see it Q1 or Q2 for that matter would be due to the fact that A) Q1 is almost over and no announcements B) We would most likely hear news of the game C) We are currently on the same path in terms of announcements as last year D) They said they would announce when they know a time.

Last edited:
So here is how I see it. Usually a game starts to build hype by giving hints and secrets as they begin production and then near the end of production. With that said, I wouldn't count on getting this game anytime soon. I respect your guys decision to stay quiet on the thing but there is a difference staying in the dark or staying in the shadows, and even the day perhaps. You guys have been in the dark this whole time. You give a hint every six months rather hints every other month. I am surprised at how this is being approached... I would think you do very small hint every other month to keep hype up and to keep fans more interested in buying etc. I honestly do not see this game being out until second half of year at least. Worst comes worst we won't get it until early next year. I love/hate the decision to announce it and to keep spoilers at a high minimum. I think I would rather have them announce there game when they do but from there point of view I would have either announced it later or released more hints to keep us interested and to show that you are working on it. I wonder if they will still have a similar approach for there next game. I would rather know that we have a new game than wait in the dark for an extra year. As for why I don't think will see it Q1 or Q2 for that matter would be due to the fact that A) Q1 is almost over and no announcements B) We would most likely hear news of the game C) We are currently on the same path in terms of announcements as last year D) They said they would announce when they know a time.
I get this. I understand that it is good to explore the game, but little things isn't going to hurt anything but the hype. I really hope we get another spoiler soon, it doesn't even need to be anything huge. Things like showing off dyes, a early/side boss battle, maybe a little scene of defending with the towers to show how it will work, things like that. Hell, I'll even take a music spoiler.
[DOUBLEPOST=1455493813,1455493578][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, I feel that the game will be done soon. I know that it seems that it hasn't been in development for a while, but it has been in development since, and not even since, but before, Nov 22, 2014. We know this because the teaser trailer showing it off, which didn't say what it was, but showed that it was being worked on, released at this time.

I would have to agree. The hype is real for this game and if they want the hype to remain real, there needs to be more "progress updates". I'm sooo pumped for this game, but at the same time, I don't want my mind to forget about it, because things have been so quiet. Like you said, it doesn't have to be anything big, but "something" is better than nothing!

I would have to agree. The hype is real for this game and if they want the hype to remain real, there needs to be more "progress updates". I'm sooo pumped for this game, but at the same time, I don't want my mind to forget about it, because things have been so quiet. Like you said, it doesn't have to be anything big, but "something" is better than nothing!
Agreed there is tons of things the could show. Summons, how leveling works, dyes, a armor set, anything :)

I'd really like to see some information on those cyclops or the crystal structures from the trailers. It's not quite Cubeworld levels of development, but the rate at which we're actually getting a decently sized spoiler showing off some new features in the game is excruciatingly infrequent. I absolutely love Terraria and plan to buy Otherworld on day 1, however my hype is pretty flat.

While a release window of Q1-4 is on my list of things I'd like to see put out, I could settle with vague explanations of certain features in the game that will leave me wondering what it's going to be like. I want something that could give my friends and I a huge glitter of hope that this will be everything we need to keep us entertained. I'd like to feel like a kid in a candy store, but right now I just feel like I'm in a waiting line at the DMV.

Well said. They were originally talking about a release in december of last year, so i would assume a release is not too far away.
I would really love to think its coming soon, but some things push me away from it. I cant comfirm this since there hasn't been any news. but I have not seen any real vanity type things, such as dyes, accessories showing on characters, turning that off and on, ect. However, it probably will come soon as I doubt that takes long. Hoping for next month/April release

I hope the game-play in this game can stay fresh for long. I'd like game-play to be dynamic, I found that Terraria could be liner at times without much branching paths you could take. Just something I didn't like in the original game, tis why I don't play single-player that often without grinding the Lunar Event.

In terms of sheer content I think we are already beyond 1.1. although I don't remember out of the top of my head how many items there were in 1.1
By looking at Item ID's, 1.1 had over 600 items.

Welp, so probably 600 Otherworld items, and counting, This is going to be interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom