Official Terraria: Otherworld

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course, any game from the extremely talented creators of Terraria is expected to be just as creative and well-designed. I salute you, Re-Logic.

HYPE TRAIN
The Maze Runner books are great, as is the Hunger Games trilogy.
[DOUBLEPOST=1424372332][/DOUBLEPOST]
Who knows, at this point it could be anything, good or bad.
Will watch Let's Plays on YouTube when it comes out though.
It seems to be more of an objectified version of a sandbox game like Terraria...but with better graphics. Who knows? Maybe it will be dumb. But I think that'll never be so.

Cannot wait! But the only thing, Is it just me or do a lot of stuff seem similar to Starbound? It's almost like a mix between both terraria and Starbound!

Cannot wait! But the only thing, Is it just me or do a lot of stuff seem similar to Starbound? It's almost like a mix between both terraria and Starbound!

Personally, nothing seems very similar to Starbound at all, but it doesn't seem to be just you. The graphics look nothing like SB . . . the sprites are actually a good bit more high res than SB. Maybe its the more complex and ambient backdrops and colors? I don't know.

Careful, I made the mistake of saying something similar only to have it pointed out that Starbound wasn't the first game ever. I thought the same thing, the aesthetic is really similar. I don't know how many different ways there are to offer variety but it looks the same, nonetheless.

Define Irony. A new Terraria game looks like a game headed by someone that ripped off designs and tried to pass them off as his own. It drips irony. Now that I look harder at the video, T:OW looks a lot better. Considering how many 2-D survival crafting games there are now, it's inevitable that one resemble another. Leinfors is right, the sprites look way sharper than Starbound.

Define Irony. A new Terraria game looks like a game headed by someone that ripped off designs and tried to pass them off as his own. It drips irony. Now that I look harder at the video, T:OW looks a lot better. Considering how many 2-D survival crafting games there are now, it's inevitable that one resemble another. Leinfors is right, the sprites look way sharper than Starbound.
Eh, On some occasions I do agree, On some I don't.

So, I've been thinking over what we know about this so far. I keep coming back to the idea of it being some kind of one-sided (or hell, maybe even two-sided, what do I know) MOBA or Tower Defense game. That would fit with the RPG elements (a levelling "Champion"), the small band of heroes, and the having big "Purity Generators" that push back the darkness. I suppose only time will tell, but is anyone else getting that vibe?

So, I've been thinking over what we know about this so far. I keep coming back to the idea of it being some kind of one-sided (or hell, maybe even two-sided, what do I know) MOBA or Tower Defense game. That would fit with the RPG elements (a levelling "Champion"), the small band of heroes, and the having big "Purity Generators" that push back the darkness. I suppose only time will tell, but is anyone else getting that vibe?
I hope it's not a MOBA but you make some great points.

I remember a time when invasions that built stuff was considered for Terraria... I wonder if we will see that in the spin off.

If this game has every small little detail (Animated furniture , animated crafting stations and magic poopoo like that crystal) I'll DEFINITELY buy it , I love tiny little details and animations (IMO they should make animations for crafting and such , those things take time and add ALOT of depth to a game) , they make a game stand out for me.

If those things are in the game , I will buy this game for myself and every single friend I could think of.

Yes , I'm sorta hyped.

Last edited:
i say it early but it has been burried in an avalanche of posts
see this "buble"
screenshot_1-857e2879d7deb45948a80e2d5c823164.jpg

now watch the video teaser betwhen 0.20 and 0.22 you can see the character walking trougth the "bubble" we can see that inside this buble the world is clean, but outside remains corrupted. so this machine, will be a way to clean the corruption. and since the the machine in the image is another diferent from the one in the video, who was in the surface, i can now assume that you have to find this machines around the world and go activating it to create more and more clean areas.

And wouldya look at that! The generator thingy has a crystal in it. [CRYSTAL CHRONICLES INTENSIFIES]
Before they had my curiosity, but now they have my Attention!

After a good 810 hours and counting on terraria I've made a forum account to say:
HOLEY SHEET. 1.3! OTHERWORLD. CAPS. Chucklefish just got 420SwagScoped by ReLogic.

YES.

But ceralsly. great textures. looks like blocking will be a thing. (great!)
High hopes for this one! ReLogic has always been an overall amazing developer! unlike some. (Ubisoft/EA lol)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom