PC Terraria PC Denial of access to fonts folder prevents game from loading

TheOnlyRebel

Terrarian
Upon attempting to load Terraria, the game interrupted with an error message which told me to run it from the steam client. When I did, access to the "Fonts" folder was denied and the game cannot start without it.
Here is the exact error:
"An error occurred while updating Terraria (missing file privileges) :"
To which it then gave the file location. I am absolutely steamed (no pun intended) and I am desperate to get this issue solved. Thanks.

Try running Terraria as administrator; if you go to the Terraria Steam directory and open it from there, you can right click to select this option.

I cant get Terraria to work, I am trying to play with my friends, but it won't let me re-install it due to me apparently "not having file privileges" I tried everything I could, even signing in as admin didn't work. I would love if you could offer me some sort of advice on how to fix this (it's a new computer on Windows 10 if that helps!).

Thanks!

Attachments

• Help T-T.PNG
    Help T-T.PNG
    85.3 KB · Views: 258
I cant get Terraria to work, I am trying to play with my friends, but it won't let me re-install it due to me apparently "not having file privileges" I tried everything I could, even signing in as admin didn't work. I would love if you could offer me some sort of advice on how to fix this (it's a new computer on Windows 10 if that helps!).

Thanks!
I seem to be having the same issue. I want to get back in and play with some friends but it's currently impossible.

I seem to be having the same issue. I want to get back in and play with some friends but it's currently impossible.
I managed to get it to launch, however im left with the game window open but a white screen.

if you have McAfee just tell it to shred the content file in terraria and it will ask you to restart your pc then you just install the game from steam and all of your save files are intact upon launch

if you have McAfee just tell it to shred the content file in terraria and it will ask you to restart your pc then you just install the game from steam and all of your save files are intact upon launch
the original thread was posted like 5 months ago and was probably resolved with the first comment

Back
Top Bottom