Terraria State of the Game - November 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope that the new fishing feature lets us see exactly what type of fish we are going to reel up. It would also be kinda funny if the crates and/or junk items swam to the hook like fish lol.

So I don't know how to submit ideas into relogic, however my idea is to spice up spear progression by adding a post-cultist spear that spawns somewhere between 4-7 projectiles that home onto enemies upon striking an enemy, dealing a percentage of the spear's base damage and upon the projectile's contact it could apply either hellfire, or if you nerfed the projectile damage by a lot, then stackable daybreak(up to 200dmg per tick of the debuff). The spear could be crafted with the chlorophyte partisan, hellstone, an eye of golem, and solar fragments, or can be made with the daybreak, hellstone, eye of golem, solar tablet fragments. The reason why it is post-cultist and not golem is because of debuff balancing and so that the north pole doesn't get outruled immediately, it also fits the theme with the weapon more being molten like. The added benefit is that it technically is a true melee weapon meaning that if the damage were kept high then it could be a high risk, high reward type weapon. The weapon being a true melee endgame weapon does mean yes, you can just get endurance pots, and beetle armor, the counter to this problem would most likely be either A. Upon using the weapon for X amount of time reduces defense, option B. When used it increases the damage of enemies by X%, or option C. The weapon negates X% of DR for a certain amount of time after using the weapon, so that even if your not using the weapon you still have the reduction for some time, that way you can't just spam when your at a comfy amount of DR and defense and swap between something like terrablade, or daybreak. I came up with this because spears feel underpowered due to their lack of AOE and capabilities, this spear solves that issue. Just a reminder as well, the daybreak and SoC are NOT classified as spears, nor do they behave like them.

Last edited:
My friend suggests that there could be a type of poison which can increase the ATK, and it shares the Poiton Sickness effect with healing potions. Is this a good idea?

The December SOTG is up, made it just under the wire (in the US, anyway)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom