Tool Terraria Tile Generator

Ghost20000

Terrarian
Terraria Tile Generator

A quick generator for making new tiles (mostly for ores) in terraria.

Why?

Well, a couple of days ago I got really into modding terraria, and I tried making an ore block.

As a programmer, who can't draw if his life depended on it, I was instantly shattered by the amount of work put into making 1 block.

So, I made a template and a program that randomly makes simple tiles.

Where can I get it?

You can get the code here.

How can I use it?

It's simple, really. All you need is Python3.
1. If you don't have it, download Python3.
2. Open TTG.py.
3. Pick the base color.
4. Pick the number of lighter and darker shades the program will randomly pick from.
5. Press the "Generate!" button.
6. An Image file should appear in the program's folder, as well as opening in your default image viewer.

You can use the generated image as the tile texture in your terraria mod.

Examples of generated tiles

czOUEpe.png
4yoZs9P.png

Found your tool very useful however, it has some issues such as the inability to generate the texture in a subfolder to separate the template as well as the inability to name the texture before generation. I have modified your code to correct these minor issues and I am hoping to be able to share this with you.

Code:
#Variable for texture name
texn = StringVar()

#Creates a subfolder named 'Blocks'
if not os.path.exists("Blocks"):
    os.makedirs("Blocks")
    print("Created dir 'Blocks'.")

#Saves the image in the 'Blocks' Subfolder with the chosen filename
template.save('Blocks\\' + texn.get() + '.png')

#GUI elements for texture name and label
Label(root, text="Enter Texture name:").grid(column=0, row=3, padx=10, pady=10)
Entry(root, textvariable=texn).grid(column=0, row=4)

Last edited:
Wonderful tool idea but for some reason, the ttg.py file won't open, or... when I do try to open it, the python thing instantly closes. Don't have a fix or know what's wrong.

Wonderful tool idea but for some reason, the ttg.py file won't open, or... when I do try to open it, the python thing instantly closes. Don't have a fix or know what's wrong.
use python 3 and install some dependancies using pip. You have to install the PIL module, numpy module and possibly tkinter module. If you are on linux then you need to play around with the Tkinter module.
check out this documentation for more information https://packaging.python.org/tutorials/installing-packages/

Hello!
unfortunately the link to the github base doesnt work anymore :c

could you please give us a new link?
Would be nice!
Thanks

Since the link doesn't work anymore, can the link be updated and if not is there any alternatives to this tool?

Back
Top Bottom