Tool TerrariaDepotDownloader - Downgrade To ANY Version!

I'm having the same issue as well, I downloaded the program using the mediafire link provided, so im assuming its the lastest version. any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

Ohhh this explains so much! The mediafire link in the thread is not updated and is still the first release. I will update this now. The actual file attached to the thread has been the one being updated. Huge thanks for providing details! Please try the file attached to the thread and let me know if this is resolved.

Ohhh this explains so much! The mediafire link in the thread is not updated and is still the first release. I will update this now. The actual file attached to the thread has been the one being updated. Huge thanks for providing details! Please try the file attached to the thread and let me know if this is resolved.
yes, the attached file is working and everything downloaded just fine. only thing I had to do was copy the files into that dirctory because I was getting the "launch from steam client" message

though i do have one question: if I change the directory where it downloads the files to to the default terraria one would it get rid of that message?

yes, the attached file is working and everything downloaded just fine. only thing I had to do was copy the files into that dirctory because I was getting the "launch from steam client" message

though i do have one question: if I change the directory where it downloads the files to to the default terraria one would it get rid of that message?

In the current release, there is no way to save directly to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Terraria. It will rather generate new respective version folder to this directory instead. But I completely understand your issue and I'll make a new release with this as an option.

A new version of this tool v1.5.0.0 has been released. This introduces a new checkbox in settings called Overwrite Steam Directory. This will now allow the downloading directly to your steamapps directory C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Terraria. Keep in mind this will overwrite your latest release. The Launch button will now launch the game through steam when this option is enabled. This will prevent the error message "launch from steam client".

NOTE: This WILL NOT delete save game data. Allot in the code had to be changed to support this. If you find any issues please let me know!

A new version of this tool v1.5.0.0 has been released. This introduces a new checkbox in settings called Overwrite Steam Directory. This will now allow the downloading directly to your steamapps directory C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Terraria. Keep in mind this will overwrite your latest release. The Launch button will now launch the game through steam when this option is enabled. This will prevent the error message "launch from steam client".

NOTE: This WILL NOT delete save game data. Allot in the code had to be changed to support this. If you find any issues please let me know!
Hey, thanks for the update! This is much better than having to copy the files myself. But I did notice what might just be an oversight, and that is that does not show what version is currently installed: (1.3.5.3 was the version installed at the time)

1643203637313.png

This also makes it so that the launch button never shows up and still have to go to the steam client to run the game. however as I said, it's still better than having to manually copy the files.
other than that it works well, thank you for your hard work making this!

EDIT: An idea I had just now is one that kinda contradicts my original thought of downloading directly to the steam directory, but i'll share it anyway: instead of having an option to download directly to the steam directory, overwriting the previous version that was installed; maybe instead go back to having the versions download into a seperate directory, but add an option (maybe called "Launch in Steam" or something like that) in the settings that when selected, checks the specified directory for the version trying to be launched: if the version is there, copy the files into the steam directory and then launch; if the files are not there, download the files into the versions directory, then copy into the steam directory, then launch.

The benefit of this is that there is less downtime when swapping versions, however I understand that that idea might be a lot of work, and also that most people arent constantly swapping versions. But I still wanted to share because it might be a beter implementation.

Last edited:
Hey, thanks for the update! This is much better than having to copy the files myself. But I did notice what might just be an oversight, and that is that does not show what version is currently installed: (1.3.5.3 was the version installed at the time)

View attachment 354719
This also makes it so that the launch button never shows up and still have to go to the steam client to run the game. however as I said, it's still better than having to manually copy the files.
other than that it works well, thank you for your hard work making this!

EDIT: An idea I had just now is one that kinda contradicts my original thought of downloading directly to the steam directory, but i'll share it anyway: instead of having an option to download directly to the steam directory, overwriting the previous version that was installed; maybe instead go back to having the versions download into a seperate directory, but add an option (maybe called "Launch in Steam" or something like that) in the settings that when selected, checks the specified directory for the version trying to be launched: if the version is there, copy the files into the steam directory and then launch; if the files are not there, download the files into the versions directory, then copy into the steam directory, then launch.

The benefit of this is that there is less downtime when swapping versions, however I understand that that idea might be a lot of work, and also that most people arent constantly swapping versions. But I still wanted to share because it might be a beter implementation.

"...that does not show what version is currently installed" - After you install the version and the terminal closes, you have to manually press "Reload List". It will then properly show what version has been installed. The reason this does not show immediately unlike the non Overwrite Steam Directory is due to having to manually read the changelog file.

"instead of having an option to download directly to the steam directory, overwriting the previous version that was installed; maybe instead go back to having the versions download into a separate directory, but add an option (maybe called "Launch in Steam" or something like that) in the settings that when selected" - If it was this easy I would have just programed the launch button to launch games though steam in the first place. Unless the game is installed to the default game directory, its not possible to start it through steam.

Ok so I want to be able to play with my brother on mobile and I'm on PC. SO I have a few questions #1 how do I change back to newest version??? ( so it will update when new version comes out also) #2 Will my worlds/ items be corrupted when I switch back?

Ok so I want to be able to play with my brother on mobile and I'm on PC. SO I have a few questions #1 how do I change back to newest version??? ( so it will update when new version comes out also) #2 Will my worlds/ items be corrupted when I switch back?
Hi @Ashman722 I moved your post into this DepotDownloader thread where you may get better answers.

Hi. So i tried to download the ZIP file and i dont know where to get it from/ what to do with it. I cant even find the file on my computer if someone could help me that would be helpful. If you have discord reply with your discord and ill msg u and maybe u can help me. Thank you

Ok so I want to be able to play with my brother on mobile and I'm on PC. SO I have a few questions #1 how do I change back to newest version??? ( so it will update when new version comes out also)

Why hello! In order to get back to the latest version, you have two options.

Option #1 - Using TerrariaDepotDownloader
Using this tool, you can very easily switch to the latest version.

Step1) Enter your steam login information within the settings tab.
0.PNG

Step2) Enable Overwrite Steam Directory option from within settings tab.
Capture.PNG

Step3) Select the latest version from the Downloader tab and click download.
2.PNG

Option #2 - Using Steam
Using steam you can also redownload the latest release.

Step1) Navigate to Library > Collections from within the steam application.
Step2) Right click Terraria, click Local Files, Click Verify Integrity of game files....
3.PNG

#2 Will my worlds/ items be corrupted when I switch back?

As long as you did not mod your game in previous versions, your worlds / players will work in the latest release.

Hi. So i tried to download the ZIP file and i dont know where to get it from/ what to do with it. I cant even find the file on my computer if someone could help me that would be helpful. If you have discord reply with your discord and ill msg u and maybe u can help me. Thank you

The easiest method will be to simply download off the thread. Click the attachment and it will ask / start downloading.
4.PNG

After its done click save to this device. Then click / open the attachment.
5.PNG

If this is not an option you can find it at default file path: C:\Users\%username%\Downloads\
When the archive opens, you will need to drag it out of the folder it opened in. Easy thing to do will just be to drag it onto your desktop!
Easy as that! Hope this helps :sigh:

Hi @Ashman722 I moved your post into this DepotDownloader thread where you may get better answers.

Thanks for helping to bringing this thread more attention haha! Really appreciate this!

1646160080166.png

keep getting this error when trying to open Terraria version 1.1.2, why and how do I fix this?
(I've already done what the error has said).

View attachment 357866
keep getting this error when trying to open Terraria version 1.1.2, why and how do I fix this?
(I've already done what the error has said).

This is caused from the earlier versions of Terraria having a hardcoded check to see if the application was launched from the Terraria folder within steams default directory. This issue is easily resolved by enabling the Overwrite Steam Directory option from the settings.

B80389CB-F710-473B-A3E3-A368634B1DF3.png

Back
Top Bottom