Terraria's most hated monsters

Which of the following pillar creatures do you find most irritating?

• Flow Invader

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Alien Queen

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Nebula Floater

Votes: 31 44.9%
  • Crawltipede

Votes: 23 33.3%
  • Sroller

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Predictor

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stargazer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Selenian

Votes: 8 11.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I am surprised myself. I can consider every pillar enemy easy now, except those damned Selenians. If they aren't melting your face off with their spinning attack then they're melting your face off with your own weapons.
They surely deserve to be in the poll, at the top even. :D
You forgot the "If they're not melting your face off, they're not dashing. And are thus dead."
Seriously, I've never had an issue with bullet deflection. It actually sounds like a cool concept for a pillar enemy, when you think that it's meant to be difficult. It works.

Selenians are easy if you don't use a damned sniper.

Medusas are the worst for me. You see, my screen isn't very big. It's to the point in which a medusa can petrify me while it's off screen. I almost died to one while I was in solar flare armor. Good thing I had super healing potions.

I didn't forget a thing, you're stating the obvious.
I think the main issue is that you use high-damage low-fire-rate weapons.
Ditch the sniper and grab a vortex beater or something.
Seriously, they don't give me any crap, and I've never died to a deflected bullet.
Even after 5+ lunar event runs as a ranger.

I think the main issue is that you use high-damage low-fire-rate weapons.
Ditch the sniper and grab a vortex beater or something.
Seriously, they don't give me any crap, and I've never died to a deflected bullet.
Even after 5+ lunar event runs as a ranger.
Dude. Firstly, I am very happy for you. Secondly, look at the topic title. I am not having issues with these enemies and am not looking for guidance, I just posted what my most annoying celestial enemy is, which is what this topic is about.

Dude. Firstly, I am very happy for you. Secondly, look at the topic title. I am not having issues with these enemies and am not looking for guidance, I just posted what my most annoying celestial enemy is, which is what this topic is about.
Eh, fair enough.
And I was just expressing my opinion on your opinion.

The HM dungeon snipers. I would say casters but each has a weakness.

Diabloists have low HP
Ragged Casters don't TP on hit
Necromancers can't attack through walls.

They're the pillar monstes, that's why.
Have you heard what people are saying about Crawtipedes and Nebula Floaters?
I've also a lot of people talking about Tortoises, medusas, hoplites, wraiths, ragged casters, ect.

Pillar monsters are seriously not the only ones

Crawltipedes are annoying when the Solar Pillar appears in a sucky place (like on a tree). Selenians are annoying if you're using weapons like the Meowmere which can just one-hit you. Srollers are a bit OP (not as much as of 1.3.0.3) in Expert Mode and deal very high damage even if you have high-tier armor. Still they're more predictable than other enemies.

I didn't like the Hardmode casters. Their attack patterns are kind of annoying and hard to avoid. However you can kill them with a good enough weapon.

Crawltipede is satan because at first I didn't realize that you had to stay on the ground and hit the tail so whenever a crawltipede came I pretty much just flew for my life and used Solar Eruption/Flairon until I had accumulated enough lucky shots. Honestly, I'm not sure how you figure out how to kill him, there's nearly no time before and after he charges you, and if you're going at a faster speed than him you can't even see his tail so you can't tell where you're supposed to shoot! Also, the whole, "he only charges you if you're flying" is a horrible mechanic. Why do you feel the need to take away the power of flight, when every other pillar does not do something similar AKA take a powerful thing which has been pretty much one of your best weapons for pretty much the entire game and shoving it down the toilet. No other pillar does anything like this. Why should any pillar do anything like this?
Also, expert ice mode is horrible.

Crawltipede is satan because at first I didn't realize that you had to stay on the ground and hit the tail so whenever a crawltipede came I pretty much just flew for my life and used Solar Eruption/Flairon until I had accumulated enough lucky shots. Honestly, I'm not sure how you figure out how to kill him, there's nearly no time before and after he charges you, and if you're going at a faster speed than him you can't even see his tail so you can't tell where you're supposed to shoot! Also, the whole, "he only charges you if you're flying" is a horrible mechanic. Why do you feel the need to take away the power of flight, when every other pillar does not do something similar AKA take a powerful thing which has been pretty much one of your best weapons for pretty much the entire game and shoving it down the toilet. No other pillar does anything like this. Why should any pillar do anything like this?
Because every other enemy except the meteor guys (who are pathetic) can easily be avoided by flying. They didn't want to make the Solar Pillar easier than the earlygame, so they made the Crawtipede. It could have been done in better ways, but they're not going to remove an enemy at this point in the game.

The solar pillar has no wall-hack-noob-kill prevention apart from the corites, which can easily be killed with the Solar Eruption before they even hit you.
Each pillar requires a slightly different strategy, a different pattern of dodging. The solar pillar's the most drastic change, and I guess people don't like it 'cause they don't like going back to ground-based dodging like in early game.
Also, flight's not really a weapon. More of a "freedom". Also, HM is most of the game, but pre-HM is still a very big portion.
And, also, yes, crawltipedes are awkward to figure out at first, but I only died once to it before realising "Hey, they only attack you in the air!"
They're simply there to force you out of comfort zone. Which is great for a challenge, as the Lunar event is meant to be.

Didn't someone hated the Lava Slime?
It drops lava in expert mode, and it easily destoried my mushroom farm at underworld(it is mainly for Truffle Worm).

Back
Top Bottom