Terraria's most hated monsters

Which of the following pillar creatures do you find most irritating?

• Flow Invader

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Alien Queen

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Nebula Floater

Votes: 31 44.9%
  • Crawltipede

Votes: 23 33.3%
  • Sroller

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Predictor

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stargazer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Selenian

Votes: 8 11.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I imagine that a lot of people could play the game a lot and never get one-shot by a random Medusa, being killed by one like that is heavily dependent on the structure of the caves around you. Unfortunately though, I'm not that lucky, and when it does happen it's one of the most infuriating things I've experienced in Terraria. As for the desert spirits, I think that might be because a lot of people might have ignored the underground desert in hardmode, so they never even saw them like me.

Truly, RNGesus plays a part in this. Perhaps you should hate him more than your beautiful Medusa. ;)

I don't see why people even take deaths that seriously, unless you play mediumcore/hardcore.
It's not that big a deal.
For instance, I was mining and I stepped on an explosive trap. I laughed.
I activate detonators because it's fun.
I honestly don't care about death.

Well... You should never take games too seriously.

I don't see why people even take deaths that seriously, unless you play mediumcore/hardcore.
It's not that big a deal.
For instance, I was mining and I stepped on an explosive trap. I laughed.
I activate detonators because it's fun.
I honestly don't care about death.
Normally I don't, but when poorly designed part of the game starts killing me without warning and I had no control over the situation until it was too late, then I start getting pretty angry.

A common rule to avoid uncontrollable death scenarios is to avoid prerequisite scenarios which lead to the uncontrollable death scenarios. This avoidance of prerequisites may be time consuming and some people may not have the patience to put effort into it. It is understandable if you don't want to make enormous preparations to avoid merely a single certain matter (in this case, Medusas).

I'm afraid this is getting too much off-topic... I'll get back to angst the existence of Desert Spirits...

Last edited:
Actually, with the jungle creatures I was out in the open fighting them off most of the time. The mistake I made was flying into a part of the cave that was filled with enemies, and at that point I had plenty of chances to avoid getting killed. With Medusa though, there was no warning, no chance for me to react or avoid dieing. I don't even remember making the conscious decision to fall into that cave, all I remember is walking towards it one second and being dead the next. No enemy should be able to punish you with instant death like that.
Sorry for the late reply but you slipping on ice and falling down a giant hole isn't a case of bad luck, it's a case of bad control of your character. If I was about to slip off an edge I didn't want to I would probably jump to stop my forward momentum or mouse down and press e. these are basic mechanics that are reasonably under your control and prevent accidents from happening.

If you know that Medusa can spawn underground and kill you from falling from large distances, and you ignore that and continue to recklessly jump down large distances, then you should be punished. It's not even a lack of knowledge at that point, it's a lack of effort.

Sorry for the late reply but you slipping on ice and falling down a giant hole isn't a case of bad luck, it's a case of bad control of your character. If I was about to slip off an edge I didn't want to I would probably jump to stop my forward momentum or mouse down and press e. these are basic mechanics that are reasonably under your control and prevent accidents from happening.

If you know that Medusa can spawn underground and kill you from falling from large distances, and you ignore that and continue to recklessly jump down large distances, then you should be punished. It's not even a lack of knowledge at that point, it's a lack of effort.
If I jumped I probably still would have been stoned before I could change direction, and I really doubt that the devs added this one enemy with the intent to scare players away from caves with large drops. Anyway, it's clear at this point that neither of us are going to change our minds. I simply believe that Medusa is one of the worst enemies in the game, and you don't. If you still want to discuss this, we should do it on a thread that's about Medusa.

I'm surprised there's so little issue with Corites.

Crawlipedes? Sure, land occasionally and aim for the tail.
Selenians? Meh, nothing too terrible.
Sroller? I have no idea what these things even do besides walk slowly and die.
Drakomires and Riders? Easy and fun.
Corites? HEY I NOTICED YOU WERE ENJOYING YOURSELF LET ME FIX THAT.

Half the time they spawn underground, which means they're invincible to most weapons (And the Solar Eruption is post-Solar Tower).
They can charge incredibly quickly from offscreen, and if you're not already moving/dashing out of the way you're gonna get hit.
Decent damage, enough to be a threat, moreso in Expert, with just enough HP to cross the line from a challenge to a chore.

Flow Invaders are a pain, Nebula Floaters are bull, Alien Queens are annoying, but Corites are the only Lunar enemy I actively hate.

I'm surprised there's so little issue with Corites.
Crawlipedes? Sure, land occasionally and aim for the tail
Selenians? Meh, nothing too terrible.
Sroller? I have no idea what these things even do besides walk slowly and die.
Drakomires and Riders? Easy and fun.
Corites? HEY I NOTICED YOU WERE ENJOYING YOURSELF LET ME FIX THAT.

Half the time they spawn underground, which means they're invincible to most weapons (And the Solar Eruption is post-Solar Tower).
They can charge incredibly quickly from offscreen, and if you're not already moving/dashing out of the way you're gonna get hit.
Decent damage, enough to be a threat, moreso in Expert, with just enough HP to cross the line from a challenge to a chore.

Flow Invaders are a pain, Nebula Floaters are bull, Alien Queens are annoying, but Corites are the only Lunar enemy I actively hate.
Never had an issue with them.
The first solar pillar I did, there was little issue because vortex beater + chloro bullets = fun times.
After that, solar eruption.
Seriously, They're probably my least favourite enemy of the solar pillar purely because they can get a hit in before I kill them, usually.
Also, there's the Stardust Dragon, which can go through walls and everyone has access to it. It's easy enough to deal with and I've never had an issue with it.

Oh, that's why so many people hate the pillar enemies, they skipped straight to the lunar event when 1.3 came out so those are the enemies that they remember most.

oh, I think the poll should also include the option "none of the above"
It's asking which of the PILLAR creatures are most irritating, not which enemy is the most irritating as a whole.
AKA "Out of all the pillar enemies, which is the most annoying?"

The martian probe because its so damn hard to find.

Edit: Moss hornets because I don't usually bother with the nights edge until I want to make the terra blade and those things replace the regular hornets but don't drop stingers.

Last edited:
Boy do i hate the following:

Harpies, kills you while you try to get to sky islands or fish in sky lakes.
Moss hornets, cause everyone loves underground, poisonous, mossy hornets that screw you over when getting chlorophyte.
Expert mode lava slimes. So you are making a hell bridge and placing campfires? Kill me and watch how helpful i am.
Armored vikings (Pre 1.3), Playing melee, and needs one last item to pass mechs... Ice sickle! Too bad that doesnt drop until after a few hours of farming.

Also Red devils. Why? Cause HELL YEAH! (Lame pun is lame)

Then don't vote on the poll! NOT THAT HARD.

I swear, there are more people on this forum complaining about the people who think the lunar events are hard, and bragging about how easy it is, than there are people ACTUALLY thinking that.
Calm down, I was just making a suggestion for the poll. I figured it would be a good idea since a lot of people have been asking why the poll only has lunar event enemies.

We completely frogot THAT evil beast that flings hmself at 100 MPH to cut your fully armored melee warrior in half in a few seconds. I am refering to the giant tortoise by the way.

Back
Top Bottom