• PC NEWS: 1.4.2.3 update is out! More info here. Report bugs here
  • CONSOLE 1.4 NEWS: On Aug 25 Journey's End was submitted to Microsoft and Sony! The timing of the review process is a bit unpredictable, so we cannot give you a specific "launch date" just yet. Click here for more info. The plan is to have the update on Switch out later this year. Stay up to date with console news here
  • MOBILE NEWS: Stay up to date with the latest mobile news here. Report mobile bugs here

Mobile Terrible heat

Plotva

Terrarian
Your Terraria Device
Poco x3
Mobile Bug Priority
Critical
Mobile OS
Android 10
The developers are unbearable, this is already my 2nd phone and it also heats up because of the terraria, I have already contacted you earlier, but you ignored me, please start optimizing the terraria. I even set all the graphics settings to a minimum, but it still heats up because the oven is hot, the phone is simply impossible to hold in my hands, I have to put it in the freezer every 5 minutes, please, I really love terraria and I am an ardent background of this game, but not I can play like that, please make it so that the central processor was less loaded and the screen did not consume the inertia of the battery at such a frantic speed. PLEASE TAKE IT SERIOUSLY !!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-06-20-10-21-18-241_com.finalwire.aida64.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-06-20-10-21-18-241_com.finalwire.aida64.jpg
    351.8 KB · Views: 38
  • Screenshot_2021-06-20-10-21-12-755_com.finalwire.aida64.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-06-20-10-21-12-755_com.finalwire.aida64.jpg
    341.3 KB · Views: 37

Windless Jeff

Official Terrarian
The developers are unbearable, this is already my 2nd phone and it also heats up because of the terraria, I have already contacted you earlier, but you ignored me, please start optimizing the terraria. I even set all the graphics settings to a minimum, but it still heats up because the oven is hot, the phone is simply impossible to hold in my hands, I have to put it in the freezer every 5 minutes, please, I really love terraria and I am an ardent background of this game, but not I can play like that, please make it so that the central processor was less loaded and the screen did not consume the inertia of the battery at such a frantic speed. PLEASE TAKE IT SERIOUSLY !!
This does occur frequently on my phone as well, what I found out was any screen effects majorly heated up my device, after disabling screen effects it seemed to get a lot cooler than it previously was. (I also optimised my phone settings to reduce power usage, which helped) It is possible that the processor in the phone could be dodgy. (even in brand new phones) I then decided to play in a well air-conditioned room to cool the phone. (phone cases trap heat in, so I took my phone case off)

Plotva

Terrarian
Это также часто происходит на моем телефоне, я обнаружил, что какие-либо экранные эффекты сильно нагревают мое устройство, после отключения экранных эффектов оно, похоже, стало намного круче, чем было раньше. (Я также оптимизировал настройки своего телефона, чтобы снизить потребление энергии, что помогло). Возможно, процессор в телефоне был изворотливым. (даже в совершенно новых телефонах) я решил поиграть в хорошо кондиционированной комнате, чтобы охладить телефон. (чехлы для телефонов задерживают тепло, поэтому я снял чехол для телефона)
мой телефон сильно нагревается даже при минимальных настройках графики

Plotva

Terrarian
As I expected, but also I want an answer from @Plotva
I don't know much about this, you may have an old battery. In order for the phone to heat up in Minecraft, you need to reduce the drawing of chunks to 8 or 6, remove beautiful graphics and a beautiful sky, IF YOU HAVE APPEARED MINECRAFT. But terraria is a problem of the developers, because they did not optimize it, terraria 1.3 I just flew and there was no heating, as 1.4 came out, hellish heating began, it seems to me it's all because of the liquids in the game, because in update 1.3.2 physics was added water, honey and lava.

Plotva

Terrarian
It’s most likely your phone because mine does not heat up at all.
maybe, but this is already my second phone and it also heats up because of the terraria, 1 phone had a 660 Snapdragon processor, and the second 732 Snapdragon. in theory, they both should not be heated, but they are heated

Nescre

Plantera
Androids always naturally run Terraria worse than iOS - as for your specific phone I checked its specs and found that it had 6GB of RAM, which screams “less capable device” to me. That’s not to say that newer phones don’t get hot running Terraria (to be expected with a lot of games, actually), but at the very least the brutal temperatures you’re showing are a likely result of those dialled back specs. (In other words, stuff people have told you so far checks out)

Midori-kun

Terrarian
I ain't getting any heat up in my redmi note 9 pro even on max settings, also @Nescre ram isn't everything, 6gb is still good and extra ram is wasted ram, definitely a miui problem.

Top Bottom