Texture Pack Scaled Eater of Worlds

the config.json on my side is called pack.json but i cant rename it
that must be the problem
haha thats how it is supposed to be :D, the "pack.json" file is what lets the game recognize the pack, the confing is another think, also, the packs folders need to be inside the "ResourcePacks" folder, I think that might be the problem you're having.

hmm I see, well, I guess I would recommend seeing a tutorial on how to install texture packs, then you can compare the set up of the files in your PC with the video's.

Its seems to be working fine here glitch, there must be something on your end, maybe try downloading the pack again? Idk.
I think the issue glitch is having is the way you packed your texturepack
<.<

As there seem to be 2 different ways people are packing their texturepacks.

A: Requires the Folder within the .zip to be dragged out and into the ResourcePacks folder to work.
Code:
Scaled_EoW.zip
â”” Scaled_Eow
  ├ content (Folder)
  ├ icon.png
  â”” pack.json

B: Doesn't require to be unpacked or extracted in any way, it works fine as the .zip within the ResourcePacks folder
Code:
Scaled_EoW.zip
├ content (Folder)
├ icon.png
â”” pack.json

For clarification this Texturepack is packed as "A"

So, @glitch_zvirus you'll have to extracted the "Scaled_Eow" folder from within Scaled_EoW.zip
and put it within the ResourcePacks folder
Also: make sure that the extracted "Scaled_Eow" folder doesn't have a "Scaled_Eow" sub-folder within it.
if it have the pack.json, icon.png and "Content" sub-folder instead, it should work
^.~

I think the issue glitch is having is the way you packed your texturepack
<.<

As there seem to be 2 different ways people are packing their texturepacks.

A: Requires the Folder within the .zip to be dragged out and into the ResourcePacks folder to work.
Code:
Scaled_EoW.zip
â”” Scaled_Eow
  ├ content (Folder)
  ├ icon.png
  â”” pack.json

B: Doesn't require to be unpacked or extracted in any way, it works fine as the .zip within the ResourcePacks folder
Code:
Scaled_EoW.zip
├ content (Folder)
├ icon.png
â”” pack.json

For clarification this Texturepack is packed as "A"

So, @glitch_zvirus you'll have to extracted the "Scaled_Eow" folder from within Scaled_EoW.zip
and put it within the ResourcePacks folder
Also: make sure that the extracted "Scaled_Eow" folder doesn't have a "Scaled_Eow" sub-folder within it.
if it have the pack.json, icon.png and "Content" sub-folder instead, it should work
^.~
Ah I see, I didn't know that the zip files also worked. That's why I packed like the "A" example, I even thought it was inconvenient how most people didn't create a folder for their packs.

But now I understand, thanks for the help Zilem.

I thought this one was better because people can customize it more easily, but I suppose "B" is much more convenient.

Last edited:
I thought this one was better because people can customize it more easily, but I suppose "B" is much more convenient.
Yes, the "drag n' drop" method often is the easiest and most used for mods.
often with a readme.txt that explains how to install it, just in case
^.~

You can still easily unpack the .zip, by right clicking the package and select "unpack"
^^

and it should get a folder created that is similar to the .zip within.
Although different result me wary depending on the software you use to handle .zip files.

But some of us that tried the Beta for Texturepacks, the experimental feature of 1.3.4 (if you want to have a look)
You were limited to 1 file and for it to work it was required it was called "Texture Pack" and packed as a .zip like this:
Code:
Texture Pack.zip
â”” content (Folder)
  â”” images (Folder)
    â”” .png files (Sprites, Tiles and Textures)

You probably can see the similarity of Method "B" above
and Giving the line in quote below (Source 1, 2) it was probably intended by the Devs to be "drop n' play" with .zip packages
But the wording could have been a bit clearer when it came to the package itself, as it seem that is where the confusion are
<.<;

1.4 Texture Pack Support & Setup said:
To add a texture pack, download it from wherever the pack authors have placed the pack. Save the file to your Resource Packs folder, which is located at:
  • Windows: %USERPROFILE%\Documents\My Games\Terraria\Resource Packs
  • Mac: ~/Library/Application support/Terraria/Resource Packs
  • Linux: ~/.local/share/Terraria/Resource Packs

Last edited:
Yes, the "drag n' drop" method often is the easiest and most used for mods.
often with a readme.txt that explains how to install it, just in case
^.~

You can still easily unpack the .zip, by right clicking the package and select "unpack"
^^

and it should get a folder created that is similar to the .zip within.
Although different result me wary depending on the software you use to handle .zip files.

But some of us that tried the Beta for Texturepacks, the experimental feature of 1.3.4 (if you want to have a look)
You were limited to 1 file and for it to work it was required it was called "Texture Pack" and packed as a .zip like this:
Code:
Texture Pack.zip
â”” content (Folder)
  â”” images (Folder)
    â”” .png files (Sprites, Tiles and Textures)

You probably can see the similarity of Method "A" above
and Giving the line in quote below (Source 1, 2) it was probably intended by the Devs to be "drop n' play" with .zip packages
But the wording could have been a bit clearer when it came to the package itself, as it seem that is where the confusion are
<.<;
I see, I will try to correct that then.

The texture pack is now compatible with 1.4.1, and I added an alt version for everyone who thought the regular one was a little too dark.

Last edited:
Yes, some people thought the original version was a little too dark, so I decided to make an alt version. I even thought about making a 3rd version of this pack, using this post sprites as the base, but I'll leave that idea on the backburner, for now.

Yes, some people thought the original version was a little too dark, so I decided to make an alt version. I even thought about making a 3rd version of this pack, using this post sprites as the base, but I'll leave that idea on the backburner, for now.

Oh cool. Would love to see the 3d version!

Back
Top Bottom