Single Player/Multiplayer
Both
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
Dear Re-Logic,

For some reason are texture packs in Terraria 1.4 unable to costumize the sprite sizes of the items anymore.

Which is quite strange, because Texture packs were able to change item sprite sizes in 1.3.5.

This is quite dissappointing because this really limits the possibities the creators could have.

Also many big texture packs like the Calamity Texture Pack, which existed in 1.3.5., now have many textures that don’t work anymore. In which it would be a shame if they have to redo everything they made, because custom sprite sizes were removed.

With the bottom of my heart, and many other developers from both Calamity Texture Pack and many other texture packs, could you please change this back?

Thank you in advance

This is not a bug, as this was an intentional change. There are, as I'm told, a large number of sprites in the game that are either hardcoded to use specific sizes, and a number of items that have in-game mechanics directly based on their spritesheet size.

This change was based around those items/mechanics, and in response to my inquiry about "can we make them not based on spritesize", the answer was that it would take an extensive amount of work to fundamentally change and then retest those mechanics.

In essence, a small but not insignificant minority of Terraria's sprites require specific sizes to function properly.

This is not a bug, as this was an intentional change. There are, as I'm told, a large number of sprites in the game that are either hardcoded to use specific sizes, and a number of items that have in-game mechanics directly based on their spritesheet size.

This change was based around those items/mechanics, and in response to my inquiry about "can we make them not based on spritesize", the answer was that it would take an extensive amount of work to fundamentally change and then retest those mechanics.

In essence, a small but not insignificant minority of Terraria's sprites require specific sizes to function properly.
maybe just make specific sizes on only weapons, tools etc. but materials like Turtle Shell, Mushroom etc. dont need a specific size?

The previous implementation was experimental only, and didn't work fine (it did indeed have issues). I was effectively a beta version of texture pack support and changes to it were made as needed.

Back
Top Bottom