Console That's No Moon... It's a Moonlord: Terraria 1.3 Launches on PS4, XB1 Submitted

Status
Not open for further replies.
My estimate for Xbox one is within a week. Considering PlayStation got it in a week Microsoft will probably want to make it go the same. And with most updates in certification taking a week (Slime ranchers patch took that long) that's my guess thought so it could take longer and probally will.

My estimate for Xbox one is within a week. Considering PlayStation got it in a week Microsoft will probably want to make it go the same. And with most updates in certification taking a week (Slime ranchers patch took that long) that's my guess thought so it could take longer and probally will.
It has been over a week now, im guessing you meant a week from now?

So I've been playing the heck out of 1.3 today (just beat Martian Madness and Lunar Cultist) and it's been a really smooth and well-running update so far. The only problem I have run into is that when I do certain things (so far it's happened when I dyed my pet and placed tile while grappled to a ceiling,) the sprites for all my followers and hook will either become static and pressed up against the player or disappear completely. (You can still use them all regularly, though.) The only fix I've come across is having to save the game and restart it.
Not a big problem, and nowhere near game breaking, just wanted to give you guys a heads-up.
All in all, though, a fantastic update! The new UI's taking a few to get used to, but I'm loving everything so far! :dryadgrin:

Can you get me a screenshot of this when it happens again? Also detailed step-by-step if you have a way to make it occur every time (like your method above, does that always make it happen?

IS it some conversion thing to where my NPCs have no names? Or is that a new thing, or a bug?

Can you show me a screenshot of what you mean?

Also has anyone worked out how to do teams and turn PvP on and off? It feels like there's a whole screen worth of options from the console versions that hasn't been imported. Or I'm just crazy and can't find it.

Should be a set of swords and then colored shields when in inventory - over on the right side where armor/accessories are. Let me know if you cannot find it.

Anything else you are missing/having trouble finding?

Whenever I die while fighting against a pillar, it freezes and I have to close out and come back in. I don't know why, but could you please try to fix this? Like if you have this problem to. =(

If you change up your gear does this still occur? Obviously, this didn't happen to any of the testers pre-launch, so there is some variable at play here. Some players have hypothesized that it has to do with the Stardust Dragon being in use at the time. Any help people can give with details to find the trigger would be useful (take gear on/off, etc see if anything changes what happens).

Still no answer on what day the update was submitted for Xbox one?

The team is just a little busy with getting the issues on PS4 sorted out - sorry, but I'm sure you understand. It was submitted early last week. As to what that will mean for feedback from MS and/or approval and/or launch (because, you can rest assured that things will need to be combed over on XB1 based on the feedback/bugs here on PS4 to help make sure those same issues don't crop up there)? The answer is "not much" - MS will take what time they need and that part is out of the team's hands. The holidays likely won't help either. That said, let's see what happens.

hmm we didn't think about this and we can understand why you would want it

It's more of a "yeah that should be in there for sure...I think it is isolated to friends lists - and apparently communities - now, but invite only needs to be a thing" - and I have already made that point back to Pipeworks, so don't worry there (sorry it isn't already). That said, stuff like that has to come after the nastier things like save conversion issues and the like. To me, its right there on a tier below that though.

The crazy thing about some of these is that the same specific scenarios were tested - over and over and over again with no issues - and then stuff like the "stone" bug... I mean clearly that never happened to anyone prelaunch because it is so obvious. Gremlins, I tell you....Gremlins.

045-gremlins-carols.jpg

Anyway, hang in there and keep the bug reports flowing in (the good news there is that it really seems to be the same handful of issues - but do not assume your bug has been reported) as well as your feedback. The Pipeworks team is hard at work investigating and working on fixes and has been since Thursday.

Can you get me a screenshot of this when it happens again? Also detailed step-by-step if you have a way to make it occur every time (like your method above, does that always make it happen?

Should be a set of swords and then colored shields when in inventory - over on the right side where armor/accessories are. Let me know if you cannot find it.

If you change up your gear does this still occur? Obviously, this didn't happen to any of the testers pre-launch, so there is some variable at play here. Some players have hypothesized that it has to do with the Stardust Dragon being in use at the time. Any help people can give with details to find the trigger would be useful (take gear on/off, etc see if anything changes what happens).

The team is just a little busy with getting the issues on PS4 sorted out - sorry, but I'm sure you understand. It was submitted early last week. As to what that will mean for feedback from MS and/or approval and/or launch (because, you can rest assured that things will need to be combed over on XB1 based on the feedback/bugs here on PS4 to help make sure those same issues don't crop up there)? The answer is "not much" - MS will take what time they need and that part is out of the team's hands. The holidays likely won't help either. That said, let's see what happens.

It's more of a "yeah that should be in there for sure...I think it is isolated to friends lists - and apparently communities - now, but invite only needs to be a thing" - and I have already made that point back to Pipeworks, so don't worry there (sorry it isn't already). That said, stuff like that has to come after the nastier things like save conversion issues and the like. To me, its right there on a tier below that though.

The crazy thing about some of these is that the same specific scenarios were tested - over and over and over again with no issues - and then stuff like the "stone" bug... I mean clearly that never happened to anyone prelaunch because it is so obvious. Gremlins, I tell you....Gremlins.

045-gremlins-carols.jpg

Anyway, hang in there and keep the bug reports flowing in (the good news there is that it really seems to be the same handful of issues - but do not assume your bug has been reported) as well as your feedback. The Pipeworks team is hard at work investigating and working on fixes and has been since Thursday.
What does pipeworks use to play test the versions of Terraria?

Must be great to pay for a game and become an unpaid beta-tester. Why didn't QA find all these issues, and did *actual console gamers* test the game prior to release?

045-gremlins-carols.jpg

Oh... so let me guess Xbox isn't getting it for a month... :sigh:%:sigh::merchantsigh::nursesigh:~:sigh:`:sigh:

And yes I realised I was just saying a week... but with this new info...

Last edited:
Must be great to pay for a game and become an unpaid beta-tester. Why didn't QA find all these issues, and did *actual console gamers* test the game prior to release?

They sure did. These issues never once occurred in testing by any one of the team - or the update wouldn't have shipped. No one, for example, turned to stone or crashed on Towers and said "nah you know what, let's just leave that in there." People that tested it came from several backgrounds, including PC and Console and a good number know Terraria back and front.

"It wasn't tested" is just not true.
"It was only tested by PC players" is also not true.

I totally get why people are upset with the stuff that has cropped up - no one here is happy about it either. Not happy one bit.

That said, lighting a few torches in the dark is how things actually get solved (some of the info our community has sent in has been immensely helpful to the PW team) My focus is on helping the team get the info they need to solve the problems and then making sure they can easily see and digest the non-bug feedback.

Well I heard the xbone was practically a Dev kit but I wasn't sure.

I think there is a way you can "convert" a retail XB1 to a devkit, but I am pretty sure they have standalone units for that purpose.

I know I'm not supposea to post bugs here but this is more of a question. My Angler isn't respawning. I had him pre 1.3, he died to some add during a solar pillar and hasn't respawned. Yes I have enough rooms lol. Can anyone help me?

@Loki Hey I got those as well, recorded right from the capture!
(Dyes causing projectiles and pets to become invisible to everyone)
(names before the update.)
PS_Messages_20171216_205642.jpg
(Names become unoriginal when you convert legacy worlds. Don't worry, they get names again once they respawn.)

I found this bug while playing. The banquet table was selected in my hot bar before switching to inventory.
PS_Messages_20171216_205925.jpg
PS_Messages_20171216_205931.jpg
PS_Messages_20171216_205936.jpg
(I'm guessing this is the disappearing items bug that I've seen around the forums? Can not be sure.)

I know I'm not supposea to post bugs here but this is more of a question. My Angler isn't respawning. I had him pre 1.3, he died to some add during a solar pillar and hasn't respawned. Yes I have enough rooms lol. Can anyone help me?
Is an event still ongoing? NPCs won't respawn during events.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom