NPCs & Enemies The Astrologer: read the skies!

ItsTheKais

Steampunker
Folks get annoyed over celestial events pretty regularly ("I just got two blood moons in a row! When will it end?" or "I've been waiting so long for an eclipse!"), so let's have an NPC who can ease the pain a bit.

The Astrologer will arrive once a Solar Ecplise has passed and there is a house available. You can speak to him/her to learn (for free) whether the next night will be a Blood Moon, or the next day a Solar Eclipse - 24 hours' warning. He/she can also remind you what the current moon phase is in case you can't see the moon at the moment, and can forecast meteorite strikes up to 18 hours in advance.

If you want a little control, the Astrologer has two paid services available. For a cost of 12 Gold, 50 Silver, he/she can work some magic to prevent Blood Moons and Solar Eclipses entirely for 24 hours, giving you some peace and quiet. Or, if you need a drop and don't want to wait for the Random Number God to smile upon you, the Astrologer can force the next night to be a Blood Moon for 75 Gold, or call a Solar Eclipse for the next day for 1 Platinum, 50 Gold.
(with a Discount Card in play, those prices become: 10 Gold/day for peace, 60 Gold for a Blood Moon, and 1 Platinum, 20 Gold for an Eclipse)

Finally, the Astrologer has one more free service for players planning on awakening something even nastier from the heavens. You can leave any number of Pumpkin Moon Medallions or Naughty Presents with the Astrologer, and he/she will automatically use them for you, one each night until they're used up, at 7:30 on the money. This allows you to save one inventory space for loot, and ensure that not a moment of nighttime is wasted before beginning the event.

I dont think the idea of knowning if the next day/night will be blood moon/eclipse hurts in any way and I find it useful since you can prepare yourself a bit (especially when you are not that strong)

but I dont think I like much the idea of paying to prevent the events from happening.
and for sure I do not support the idea of paying and force the events to happen.

I would just like the astrologer to be there to warn you so you can take care of things and be read for the eclpise or blood moon

i would enjoy this a lot. i like the constipulation that he comes AFTER the eclipse. we have summons for other events. why not those. and i like being able to know there is not going to be another BM/ecl for a while, even if i have to pay for it.

It's hard to say whether or not I support the idea of forcing a Blood Moon or Eclipse. Preventing, maybe. But I DEFINITELY like the idea of being able to know whether or not the next day/night will be an eclipse/blood moon. That much, I can support.

Back
Top Bottom