Single Thread RP The Blinding Radiance

(Yep, right here. Reinigen saw him and teleported behind him and now they're talking)
(@Frostfang Σ I'll leave this here for you once you're online again.)
Name: Neo
Appearance: A lihzahrd with blue eyes in a lab coat with a purple bowtie. His left eye is Hallowed.
Backstory: Neo lived in the jungle alone, outcasted for his scientific studies. When the Hallow took over, rather than being fearful, Neo saw opportunity. You see, in his mind, the Hallow isn't as savage as other world evils. The Crimson and Corruption were cruel and vile, but the Hallow simply wishes to restore balance. And because of this, Neo began to wonder if he could train and enhance the Hallow's inhabitants, and "tame" the Hallow, and began experimenting with domesticating the monsters found within, creating a lab in the jungle to keep his research isolated from the rest of the Hallow. On top of this, he began inhuman experiments with a goal of using the Hallow to enhance other beings. The way he sees it, he's helping to bring about balance and order, as well as advancing science. To others, however, he seems mad, but oddly charismatic.
Starting Equipment: A handgun, grenades, toxic flasks, a couple of small flasks of shimmer, and his research papers
Strengths/Weaknesses: Very intelligent and charismatic, allowing him to manipulate others, great with chemicals, and can hold things with his tail/Not great with hand-to-hand combat, and is half-blind in his left eye
Faction: The Hallow

Neo Dexter Darwin

:)red:, did someone new get added?)
(Yep. Neo, the mad scientist lihzahrd that seeks to “tame” the Hallow and it’s creatures, believing that the Hallow is out to bring balance, and domesticating the Hallow will help bring balance and order.)
(mini sentry op)
Rein: "That doesn't exactly improve people's views of the hallow."
“You misunderstand me. If we can’t get people to willingly accept the Hallow, we will trick them into being Hallowed against their will. They will then learn to like the Hallow after discovering their new found power, and realizing that the creatures are no longer attacking them. So we perfect my substance, distribute it as a miracle drug of sorts, and they will be Hallowed without knowledge until after. It may seem…questionable morality wise, but it is for the benefit of our world.”

Jarvis would overhear this and walk over to Neo.
"So, a relatively peaceful way of integrating the Hallow into everyday life? Honestly, I'm up for it."

"...That part, I'm less for."
“I understand it seems wrong, but it’s the only way. People fear the Hallow too much to be convinced. Those who want to be Hallowed are the exception rather than the norm. Tricking them is the only way. Besides, they’ll be thankful for it when they realize their newfound power, and realize that the Hallowed creatures now see them as friends rather than foes.”

"It- it just seems wrong to just drug people unwillingly."
“The drugging itself won’t be unwilling. As I said, we could sell it as a miracle drug, and they would buy it to take it themselves. And in a way, we won’t be lying about it’s positive effects, but rather the reason for the effects.”

"Maybe it's the lack of action being taken."
"Probably."
(Yep. Neo, the mad scientist lihzahrd that seeks to “tame” the Hallow and it’s creatures, believing that the Hallow is out to bring balance, and domesticating the Hallow will help bring balance and order.)

“You misunderstand me. If we can’t get people to willingly accept the Hallow, we will trick them into being Hallowed against their will. They will then learn to like the Hallow after discovering their new found power, and realizing that the creatures are no longer attacking them. So we perfect my substance, distribute it as a miracle drug of sorts, and they will be Hallowed without knowledge until after. It may seem…questionable morality wise, but it is for the benefit of our world.”
"Normally I'm not one to question morals, but that simply seems wrong."

"If you did something like what you are saying, there'd be even more hate towards the hallow, and possibly even people fighting it from within!"

"If you did something like what you are saying, there'd be even more hate towards the hallow, and possibly even people fighting it from within!"
“‘More fighting’, you say? Well then, let me ask you, how many people have you asked to join you? And how many people have called you crazy, or even tried to physically fight you? People are already fighting hard. Believe me, I would love to get people’s consent, and have them willingly let us Hallow them. But that is not realistic. People won’t like the Hallow until they’ve experienced the benefits and have first hand experience that the Hallow is not a threat. And I do not plan on lying about the effects. I will be simply telling them the positive effects, without telling them that it’s the Hallow that gave them those effects. It’s like parents who have adopted a child. They usually do not immediately tell the child that they’re adopted, and instead wait for the child to be ready. And while the child initially puts up resistance and refuses to believe what they are told, they eventually accept it, now being mature enough to handle it, and having the memories to realize that they’re adopted parents still love them, even though it’s not biological. I am simply keeping the truth of the effects’ cause hidden until people are ready to hear it.”

"...To start, you made a lot of assumptions. Firstly, Rein's only been around for... what, a few days? She hasn't really attempted to Hallow that many people. And secnd off, we already have a few people who were willingly Hallowed, including myself."

Back
Top Bottom