Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Nope

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Maybe, with a few tweaks.

Votes: 7 53.8%

• Total voters

Seeker

Eater of Worlds
Some may say that Ocram , a console/mobile exclusive boss, is the mechanical variant of our friend Brain of Cthulhu. But an enemy that is exclusive to console and mobile players is basically (gonna use a simile here) the equivalent to a fanfiction, noncanon, unrelated. Anyways I'm gonna get to the point now, I'm suggesting the Brain of Cthulu gets a mechanical version of itself because, lets face it, he was a lot more terrifying than the Eater of Worlds. So I give you the Cybrain (couldn't think of a better name, feel free to suggest some)

upload_2015-1-27_19-32-24.png

Cybrain
Type: Boss, Brain of Cthulhu AI
Max Life: 80000
KB Resist: 100% (Still unsure if this is a good KB resist percent, mostly because the original BoC was pretty weak against knockback.)
Damage: 50 (if he bumps into you) 65 ("force push" pushes you back with energy wave) 50 (will pick up 4 blocks using telekinesis and launch them towards you) 70 (possibly his most dangerous move, the eye laser, its a long line of the cyan energy in its eye)
Defense: 30
Coins: 15 gold coins
Drops: Soul of Might 25-40 , Greater Healing Potion 5-15, Hallowed Bar 15-30 (all of these drops are 100%), probably some masks and trophies but I don't really want to make more sprites.

upload_2015-1-27_19-45-34.png

Vagabond Energy
Type: Flying Enemy
AI: Basically the same as the Creeper but when only 5 of the 20-30 Vagabond Energies that spawn remain, the Cybrain will launch these guys at the player one by one and detonate them (the explosion will only damage the player and not destroy blocks)
Damage: 25 (regular) 35 (from the explosion)
Max Life: 180
Defense: 15
Drops: Hearts (50%)

Now for a basic summary of the boss fight. After summoning the boss using the
upload_2015-1-27_19-52-42.png
Energized Spine (another object who is poorly named, suggest some better ones below) which is crafted with 5 vertebraes, 5 iron or lead, and 6 soul of night on a Myth or Oric anvil, a message will appear "You hear loud clanks coming from above.." the Cybrain will descend upon the player with its Vagabond Energies protecting it. The Cybrain will not attack or receive damage until each energy is destroyed. AS previously stated when only 5 Vagabond Energies remain they will follow you and implode. After this the Cybrain will begin to fight, if you get too close to him though he will use his force push attack about 3 times (easily taking a large amount of health away from the player) If you get too far away (around the edge of your screen) 4 random blocks will be picked up by the Cybrain and launched at you (these blocks will land as if they were place, ready to be mined away after the fight, any blocks who cannot be destroyed will not be picked up neither will furniture) But the Cybrain will occasionally fire his laser at the player, the laser will remain for 5 seconds but the Cybrain will stay still as its firing its laser. After losing 75% of its health the Cybrain will not only become more violent but less energized (if that's the proper term) When you get too close to him the force pushing will become more quicker and won't stop unless you get away. Also a little cyan laser will be aimed at the player, after 3 seconds the laser will be fired. Once the boss is defeated it will simply fall to the ground and implode (purely visual, no need to run away as fast as you can, or maybe there will be mwhahaha) The boss fight is over, and all the drops are on the floor.

Notes: Can I just say how hard it was to make this sprite! In the end I took the easy way out after completing half of the brain, I copy and pasted the half and basically turned it around. Also, I know this probably wont get much support, so I urge everyone who sees this to go check out my other enemy suggestion http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/corrupt-crimson-claws.10589/

Tell me your thoughts below!

Attachments

• upload_2015-1-27_19-44-45.png
    upload_2015-1-27_19-44-45.png
    5.2 KB · Views: 714
  • upload_2015-1-27_19-45-9.png
    upload_2015-1-27_19-45-9.png
    370 bytes · Views: 540
Last edited:
Competition? I don't even know who Zoomo is. This was just made to give an idea about a mechanical BoC

Competition means there is too many threads abouyt the same thing and there are two ideas that are better than yours.

Here's Zoomo's <Removed by staff. Further action pending>

Go check @Zoomo's threads, I call him the best suggestion maker in TCF alongside @SzGamer227 . Well since you're new you don't know who he is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Competition means there is too many threads abouyt the same thing and there are two ideas that are better than yours.

Here's Zoomo's <Removed by staff. Further action pending>

Go check @Zoomo's threads, I call him the best suggestion maker in TCF alongside @SzGamer227 . Well since you're new you don't know who he is.
Funny thing is that I have one of those too:

<Removed by staff. Further action pending>
:p

Last edited by a moderator:

Here's Zoomo's http://terrariaonline.com/threads/the-motherboard.143827/

Better, you're real aggressive aren't you? Everyone has their own opinion dude, calm down.
Dear god.. how do I close a thread..?

Don't close your thread just because other people have it too. A lot of people envision a Mechanical BoC differently.
Grape soda over there is being pretty... annoying. This isn't the only thread of mine he has terrorized..

Here's Zoomo's http://terrariaonline.com/threads/the-motherboard.143827/

I don't think you can say other suggestions are better than someones :/

EDIT: You also can't advertise other members threads.

Last edited:
Great idea for a mechanical BOC, but the ability to throw blocks could mess things up in an arena, or your house.

Back
Top Bottom