NPCs & Enemies If the Brain of Cthulhu had a Hardmode/Mechanical version...

SzGamer227

Spazmatism
...this is how I would want it to be done.

Stage 1:
Three mechanical BoC's appear around the the player at a reasonable distance. Then, a moment later, they are each surrounded by swarms of mechanical probes with red lenses that orbit their respective Brain. Each Brain is surrounded by 15 of these Red Probes, which have 200 health, 24 defense, deal 55 damage on contact, and occasionally fire Pink Lasers (which do 25 damage) at the player. There are 45 of these in reserve that spawn when their predecessors are destroyed. In addition, the player is constantly being distantly orbited by a group of 30 orange-colored Probes which have 150 health, 20 defense, and deal 65 damage on contact. These have a much larger reserve of 120, but are more fragile. Orange Probes attack by occasionally dropping blobs of Ichor when passing over the player, which deal 20 damage and inflict Ichor for 5 seconds. Trying to escape from the Brains' probe trap results in them teleporting around you again, which is not good news considering that the Probes will have to smash through you on their way back. Touching the Brains isn't a good idea, either, since they do 70 damage as well, and just like the original BoC, they are invulnerable until stage 2.

Stage 1 ends when all Probes are slain.

Stats Recap:

Brain
75 Contact damage.

index.php

Red Probe
200 Health.
20 Defense.
25 Laser damage.
55 Contact damage.

index.php

Orange Probe*
150 Health.
24 Defense.
20 Ichor damage.
65 Contact damage.

Stage 2:
In stage 2, it is revealed that two of the Brains are actually decoys. The main Brain has 20,000 health and the decoys have 5,000 health each. Whereas the main Brain has a respectable 32 defense, the decoys have none, so they will be easier to identify. It won't be too easy, though, because every time they teleport, their health bars disappear from view.

So, what will they be doing during this time? Once they become enraged, they go into 5-7 second long periods of attack, where they appear, perform their various attacks, and teleport again a few seconds later. Each Brain is randomly assigned one of three attacks: Charging the player, shooting a massive ball of Ichor, and spawning a swarm of tiny Purple Probes that fly at the player once the Brain teleports. The Brain charging the player is completely immune to knockback. The ball of Ichor is affected by gravity, does 35 damage on a direct hit, and explodes into a splash of smaller Ichor particles that deal 25 damage each. The Purple Probes are produced in groups of 6-10 (2 every second), and have 25 health each, 10 defense, and deal 30 damage. They behave like the original Creepers do, except will be more aggressive and charge more often.

Battle ends when the main Brain is defeated.

Stats Recap:

Main Brain
20,000 Health.
32 Defense.
75 Contact damage.
35 Ichor damage.
25 Ichor splash damage.

Decoy Brain
5,000 Health.
0 Defense.
75 Contact damage.
35 Ichor damage.
25 Ichor splash damage.

index.php

Purple Probe
25 Health.
10 Defense.
30 Contact damage.

*If my suggestion for an Acid Debuff is added to the game, Orange Probes will be replaced with Green Probes, and they will drop Acid, not Ichor.
*The enraged Brains will also used Acid-based attacks rather than Ichor-based ones.

This is just an idea for a Hardmode Brain of Cthulhu behavior that I thought would make for an amazingly fun boss battle. I don't have any idea if this would be feasible to implement, considering that it has a much more complicated AI system then most bosses, but would really be awesome if this were added. If this doesn't seem fair to the Destroyer to have a much better boss on Crimson worlds, this could also be added to my event suggestion, Corruption Rising, as a boss which needs to be completed to end the event. I'm just putting this out there because a boss is something that I haven't suggested yet. :p

Last edited:
Reminds me of the boss Wendigo from one of the Final Fantasy games. There are four of them, but only one will take damage, and switches with the decoys all the time.

I'm not sure how hard or easy that fight would be but a mech brain sound awesome. i like the colored probes too, nice work

Reminds me of the boss Wendigo from one of the Final Fantasy games. There are four of them, but only one will take damage, and switches with the decoys all the time.
This one does not counter when you cast spell on it.

Otherwise, nice suggestion. If you can, do the Mechanical version of King Slime.
Ultimate Slime or Mechanical Liquids or Super Slime or something. ..

Otherwise, nice suggestion. If you can, do the Mechanical version of King Slime.
Ultimate Slime or Mechanical Liquids or Super Slime or something. ..
I don't have a good idea for a MKS. I had a cool idea for a MBoC, which is why I shared it, but I can't just pull good boss ideas out of my trousers.

Name? Maybe "The Overmind", drops sould that used to make a crimson version of Megashark, but little better

Support but like the guy up here said its op maybe you should nerf a little the red probe and yellow damage also nerf the brain 1st stage meele damage to 65 and 2nd stage to 70

A similar idea was already created:

"Mother Board
Your entire body goes numb...
the-motherboard-png.88651

Stage 1

Max Life: 25000/25000
Defence: 16
Melee: 30
Ranged: 45
AI: In the first stage Motherboard will float and teleport like the BoC. However they also spawn a Signal Drone every 6 seconds until there are 25 of them. (eg: if you kill 3 then it will make 3 to replace them.) Finally every few seconds it will fire a laser beam much like the ones that are shot by the necromancer. The difference being that the laser would connect to each of the Signal Drones.

Stage 2
the-motherboard-stage-2-png.88650

Max Life: 12000/25000
Defence: 40
Melee: 20
Ranged: 50
AI: In the second stage it no longer spawns Signal Drones. However 4 clamps appear (one out of each of the 4 black cord things on the bottom of its head.) which act much like Plantera's tentacles. Due to the fact that there are no Drones the lasers it shoots just go strait like the heat ray, however it shoots laser much much more frequently and in random directions. As for how Motherboard moves; it will still teleport near the player, but instead of rushing at them it will move away.

Drops:
soul-of-plight-png.88645
Soul of Plight(20-40) 100%
Hallowed_Bar.png
Hallowed Bar(20-44) 100%
Greater_Healing_Potion.png
Greater Healing Potion(5-15) 100%
motherboard-trophy-png.88640
Motherboard Trophy 10%

Monsters:

Signal Drone
signal-drone-png.88644

Max Life: 120/120
Defence: 20
Ranged: 8
AI: floats in the air Opposite other signal drones around the Motherboard (eg: if there are 4 they will each move around the Motherboard one left, one right, one up, and one down.) They will attempt to stay near the Motherboard but will over ride that to move away if the player gets to close. Finally when and if the player is within 20 blocks of them, they will fire a laser which gives high knock-back while dealing low damage. When Motherboard goes into stage two the all explode.
Drops:
Heart.png
Heart 100%(when the player is below max health)

Clamper (stage 1)
clamper-gif.88634

Max Life: 8000
Melee: 25
Ranged: n/a
AI: hungry (These come out of the four sockets on Motherboard's second form. The deal high damage and have large cords allowing them to reach out even as the Motherboard is moving away. If the player gets too far away they will detach themselves and turn themselves into the second form (below) until they are killed or the player gets close enough to Motherboard again. They vibrate like Adamantite Armour.)
Drops:
Heart.png
Heart(4-6) 100%(when the player is below max health)

Clamper (stage 2)
clamper-2-gif.88633

AI: Demon Eye (Clamper stage 1 transforms into these if you get far enough away
Drops:
Heart.png

Tools/Weapons:

Chainsword
chainsword-png.88631

from: Crafting - Soul of Plight(20) Cog(30) Iron/lead Bar(10) copper/tin bar(10) at Mythril Anvil
power: n/a
tooltip: 'It looks like a sword, but its actually a saw! Buy yours today!'
cost: n/a
speed: fast
damage: 55
knockback: 1 (very low)
value: 6 gold
notes: this weapons attacks like a chainsaw however it can get more prefixes than chainsaws as it both can have it's speed changed and has knock-back.

Items:

Mechanical Brain
mechanical_brain-png.88639

from: Crafting - Vertebrae(6) Soul of Night(6) Iron/Lead Bar(5) at Mythril Anvil
tooltip: 'Summons Motherboard'
max stack: 20
value: n/a
notes:

Motherboard Trophy

tooltip: "Placable"
max stack: 99
value: 1 gold
notes: the piece on the trophy is the head canister on Motherboard.

Soul of plight
soul-of-plight-png.88645

tooltip: 'Essence of a most evil mind'
max stack: 999
value: 2 gold
notes:

Armour/Accessories:

Teslapack
teslapack-png.88646

from: Crafting - Soul of Plight(20) copper/tin (5) wire (20) Soul of Night (5) at Mythril Anvil
tooltip: 'Zaps your foes occasionally when worn'
effect: Shoots a laser much like that of the heat ray but does not pierce. The laser does 45 damage. It causes no knock-back.
type: accessory
value: 5 gold
notes: It does not consume mana and the damage it deals is classified as minion damage."

Credits to Zoomo for making it.

"Mother Board

Stage 1

AI: In the first stage Motherboard will float and teleport like the BoC. However they also spawn a Signal Drone every 6 seconds until there are 25 of them. (eg: if you kill 3 then it will make 3 to replace them.) Finally every few seconds it will fire a laser beam much like the ones that are shot by the necromancer. The difference being that the laser would connect to each of the Signal Drones.

Stage 2

AI: In the second stage it no longer spawns Signal Drones. However 4 clamps appear (one out of each of the 4 black cord things on the bottom of its head.) which act much like Plantera's tentacles. Due to the fact that there are no Drones the lasers it shoots just go strait like the heat ray, however it shoots laser much much more frequently and in random directions. As for how Motherboard moves; it will still teleport near the player, but instead of rushing at them it will move away.

Drops:
soul-of-plight-png.88645
Hallowed_Bar.png
Hallowed Bar(20-44) 100%
Motherboard Trophy 10%

Monsters:

Signal Drone
signal-drone-png.88644

AI: floats in the air Opposite other signal drones around the Motherboard (eg: if there are 4 they will each move around the Motherboard one left, one right, one up, and one down.) They will attempt to stay near the Motherboard but will over ride that to move away if the player gets to close. Finally when and if the player is within 20 blocks of them, they will fire a laser which gives high knock-back while dealing low damage. When Motherboard goes into stage two the all explode.
Drops:
Heart.png

Clamper (stage 1)
clamper-gif.88634

AI: hungry (These come out of the four sockets on Motherboard's second form. The deal high damage and have large cords allowing them to reach out even as the Motherboard is moving away. If the player gets too far away they will detach themselves and turn themselves into the second form (below) until they are killed or the player gets close enough to Motherboard again. They vibrate like Adamantite Armour.)
Drops:
Heart.png

Clamper (stage 2)
clamper-2-gif.88633

Drops:
Heart.png

Tools/Weapons:

Chainsword
chainsword-png.88631

from: Crafting - Soul of Plight(20) Cog(30) Iron/lead Bar(10) copper/tin bar(10) at Mythril Anvil
notes: this weapons attacks like a chainsaw however it can get more prefixes than chainsaws as it both can have it's speed changed and has knock-back.

Items:

Mechanical Brain

from: Crafting - Vertebrae(6) Soul of Night(6) Iron/Lead Bar(5) at Mythril Anvil
notes:

Motherboard Trophy

Soul of plight
soul-of-plight-png.88645

notes:

Armour/Accessories:

Teslapack
teslapack-png.88646

from: Crafting - Soul of Plight(20) copper/tin (5) wire (20) Soul of Night (5) at Mythril Anvil
effect: Shoots a laser much like that of the heat ray but does not pierce. The laser does 45 damage. It causes no knock-back.
notes: It does not consume mana and the damage it deals is classified as minion damage."

I am well aware. Now please put that in a spoiler or something... I don't want to have to scroll past it every time I have to navigate the page. >_>

Didn't Red say there was to be no more mech bosses? Now on topic. Although the problems I have with this aren't to major, and probably aren't worth mentioning. Now that I've read Zoomo's Motherboard suggestion (thanks @TerrariaFanSpriter ) I much prefer that suggestion.

Didn't Red say there was to be no more mech bosses? Now on topic. Although the problems I have with this aren't to major, and probably aren't worth mentioning. Now that I've read Zoomo's Motherboard suggestion (thanks @TerrariaFanSpriter ) I much prefer that suggestion.
You are truly awful at providing constructive feedback.

*reaches for Ignore button*

*clicks*

"Mother Board

Stage 1

Stage 2

Drops:
soul-of-plight-png.88645
Hallowed_Bar.png
Hallowed Bar(20-44) 100%
Motherboard Trophy 10%

Monsters:

Signal Drone
signal-drone-png.88644

Drops:
Heart.png

Clamper (stage 1)
clamper-gif.88634

Drops:
Heart.png

Clamper (stage 2)
clamper-2-gif.88633

Drops:
Heart.png

Tools/Weapons:

Chainsword
chainsword-png.88631

Items:

Mechanical Brain

notes:

Motherboard Trophy

Soul of plight
soul-of-plight-png.88645

notes:

Armour/Accessories:

Teslapack
teslapack-png.88646

This is far from a dupe thread. I'm assuming you don't know that our duplicate policy is very loose? We don't lock threads unless they are extremely vague and contain info that has been used in many threads, or they are direct copies of the other threads. Honestly, Mother Board is cool. Agreed. But you don't have to hijack threads to point out an idea that is very different, but fill the same role. It's just not how we roll here.

Back
Top Bottom