The Dark Blue Solution: For Those Worried About Jungle Conversion

Is this a viable way to protect the jungle?

• Total voters

Beleif

Terrarian
"They should give the jungle resistance to corruption and crimson spread," they said.

Protect it with mushrooms!

The evil biomes cannot touch glowing mushroom biomes. Therefore using a Clentaminator to convert the threatened edges of the entire jungle (surface and underground) into mushroom grass is a quick and effective defense.

Last edited:
It's good, but the problem is it can't be done until a mechanical boss is killed.
And you know how long some people take to do that...

My advice is simply to do the standard: shovel out a fairly deep trench. I can't quote my exact dimensions (I go off look and feel), but we're probably talking something like 7x15. Then just stick a load of incorruptible material in there to fill it up to the surface - my preferred is Sandstone Bricks, but Dungeon Bricks also work just as well. For me, this has always been enough. The worst that has happened that, after a very long period of play (I hosted my world and left the server up like 3 irl days), I noticed the corruption had nibbled away at a bit of dirt nearby, so I just dug that out and replaced it - it was A-OK.

If that were really to worry you, though, you could also design your defence in such a way that the perimeter of it is at a maximum... which would make the Corruption's crawlingly slow journey even longer.

I don't think fancy solutions are required, just basic prepared defences and a small amount of maintenance. Sure there's always the risk that the Corruption could eventually start creeping in from the sides to the deep jungle caverns, but (mercifully) I've never seen this happen. If it did, though, a surface Mushroom biome wouldn't protect you there either...

I guess that would work, but to apply it all the way around you'd have to dig a tunnel anyway , at which point it wouldn't be too much more work to make a standard barrier instead. Unless you did mean just using it at the surface, which case, as Shotte says, it wouldn't give complete protection.

A nice suggestion, but prepping the Jungle pre-hardmode for anti-corruption is the safest way to deal with it. Takes a bit, but its the best way in my eyes to deal with it.

I guess that would work, but to apply it all the way around you'd have to dig a tunnel anyway , at which point it wouldn't be too much more work to make a standard barrier instead.

360px-Large_World_Jungle.png

There is no need for digging vertical holes. The jungle is open enough that it's easy to scale the edges without having to dig much. It takes a long time for the jungle to be corrupted, and the spread is only effective through solid blocks.

A nice suggestion, but prepping the Jungle pre-hardmode for anti-corruption is the safest way to deal with it. Takes a bit, but its the best way in my eyes to deal with it.

Sure you can do that, but it's tedious to dig to Hell twice with pre-hardmode tools. Converting the edges of the jungle to mushroom biomes took barely any time at all for me in a large world. You would also normally have to deal with Demon Altars. The corruption also likes to spawn in the jungle, which is another obstacle.

Then just stick a load of incorruptible material in there to fill it up to the surface - my preferred is Sandstone Bricks, but Dungeon Bricks also work just as well.

My idea is quick and effective, and only requires a few platinum for a large world. Filling in a giant hole with blocks that are unaffected by gravity can take ages, and as you noticed on the offered map, the jungle's edges aren't neatly vertical, which adds to the struggle. If it is necessary for me to show an image of what I did, I will do so.

I'm skeptical that navigating through the caverns is actually quicker than hacking your way through with a reaver shark, but I can see why some might find it more appealing for aesthetic reasons.

My advice is simply to do the standard: shovel out a fairly deep trench. I can't quote my exact dimensions (I go off look and feel), but we're probably talking something like 7x15. Then just stick a load of incorruptible material in there to fill it up to the surface - my preferred is Sandstone Bricks, but Dungeon Bricks also work just as well. For me, this has always been enough. The worst that has happened that, after a very long period of play (I hosted my world and left the server up like 3 irl days), I noticed the corruption had nibbled away at a bit of dirt nearby, so I just dug that out and replaced it - it was A-OK.

If that were really to worry you, though, you could also design your defence in such a way that the perimeter of it is at a maximum... which would make the Corruption's crawlingly slow journey even longer.

I don't think fancy solutions are required, just basic prepared defences and a small amount of maintenance. Sure there's always the risk that the Corruption could eventually start creeping in from the sides to the deep jungle caverns, but (mercifully) I've never seen this happen. If it did, though, a surface Mushroom biome wouldn't protect you there either...
Or you could just build 4 width hellivator (2 hellivator, 1 for each side)

Or you could just build 4 width hellivator (2 hellivator, 1 for each side)
This.

Get the fastest pickaxe you can get at that moment (or simply cheese it for just this), take a mining potion and start picking. One on each side and you're pretty much safe.

Also, to prevent the jungle getting infected after hardmode: just don't break any altars. You can fish for the metals in easy mode, which you should do anyway.

This.

Get the fastest pickaxe you can get at that moment (or simply cheese it for just this), take a mining potion and start picking. One on each side and you're pretty much safe.

Also, to prevent the jungle getting infected after hardmode: just don't break any altars. You can fish for the metals in easy mode, which you should do anyway.
The only problem is, is that I'm on mobile. There's no mining potions in mobile (plus I've almost got rid of all the corruption).

The only problem is, is that I'm on mobile. There's no mining potions in mobile (plus I've almost got rid of all the corruption).
Worlds in mobile are extremely tiny. If you're in prehardmode, just nightmare pickaxe or bomb your way down. If you really want mining potions, you can wait until 1.2.4.

Worlds in mobile are extremely tiny. If you're in prehardmode, just nightmare pickaxe or bomb your way down. If you really want mining potions, you can wait until 1.2.4.
I've already almost got rid of all the hollow and corruption(not including my afk hollow farm, so yes, I'm in hardmode when I had wrote this, but my world had corruption), thanks to the clentaminator.

Ulp... useless anyways... The corruption and hallow's WoF V summon struck it RIGHT THRU DA JUNGLE... ;(
[DOUBLEPOST=1439037052,1439036971][/DOUBLEPOST]The hallow doesnt infect the jungle:
Conspiracy Theory: The Lihzahrd are really unicorns!

What happens if the Hallow V portion strikes across all the jungle? I'm having a discussion in another site regarding whether it's necessary or not to create an artificial jungle biome for housing the witch doctor. I think not, since the Hallow doesn't prevent NPC housing, and the witch doctor should still sell his jungle items even if the jungle is hallowed. What do you think?

Back
Top Bottom