Sprites The Desert Crawler

Should this be added?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Adam Garces

Terrarian
This is my first time posting something on this forum. This is a little something I came up with. Their Spawn rate is at the same tier as sand poachers. Their size is around the same as that of the black recluse. They drop 30 silver coins and drop their respective banner. It has the rare chance (about 5%) to drop a staff that summons a baby desert crawler that fights for you, doing 25 attack damage per hit, and uses up 30 mana each summon. Only one can be spawned at a time but its speed when crawling on walls makes up for it. The sand crawler has a sluggish speed to it and inflicts the weak debuff for 5 seconds. Another rare drop from the desert crawler is the desert crawler head, which is a vanity item. With a 1% of dropping, each variant drops its different head.

d83c7ac0-db6f-11e5-977c-f110bc573149.gif
This is the Desert Crawler, it has 200 HP (400 on expert) and only spawns in the underground and surface desert in hard mode.
0fc677d7-db71-11e5-8491-f110bc573149.gif
Corruption Variant
9118ac1c-db70-11e5-adb8-f110bc573149.gif
Crimson Variant
0c6b07dc-db73-11e5-b0f8-f110bc573149.gif
Hallow Variant
I'm a noob at making pixel art so I know it's not the best but I tried. Tell me what you think could make it better, or why it's a terrible design/idea. ;)

Last edited:
You should elaborate on this. How much damage should they deal? How much defense? What's the difference between the versions of them?

What I'm most curious about is any possible drops.

I didn't think much into that. I think coins, and its respective banner obviously, but maybe a rare weapon or material. It should do around 50-60 damage per hit.

Ah no worries. Someone always misses something, that's why it's good to have other people on these forums.

A material generally should only be added if there is a use planned for it. A weapon is usually a good choice. What may also be an option is an accessory, of course it's much harder to make an accessory.

I was thinking it could drop a "Spider foot" and when combined with spider fangs creates a summoning staff that summons a Desert crawler to fight for you, doing 50 damage a hit.

Woah. That's too much damage for a weapon at that tier. You have to keep balance in mind when it comes to equipment. Nothing should be significantly better than a weapon of the same type at the same tier.

Not to mention that A) a material that creates only one thing is poor design and B) a spider minion for the same tier as... the set that includes the spider minion doesn't make sense either mechanically or thematically. If one does more damage than the other then the worse weapon will instantly become obsolete and if they both do the same damage then it's basically a lot of work for a reskin.

Plus the spawn rates you didn`t add. How about also their sizes, special drops form different viraties and the speed.

Well, for the biomes, does the corruption type drop demonite ore? Or if the hallowed type drops fariy dust or something?

Well as I stated they would all drop the same items but, they would drop a different colored mask of its head for each variant.

Back
Top Bottom