Biomes & Nature The Factory (Alternate Dungeon)

HeroGabe

Golem
Well, it's time I get this out. Finally, this idea has been brewing since I first came to the Hardmode Dungeon... what would happen... if there was a factory that was completely automated?

The Factory is that automated factory, and it comes as an alternate Dungeon!

Notes: Hardmode Content is starting! Note that I will focus on the HM Pre-Plantera content. More enemies will come!

The first one, well, the Clothier isn't cursed... but put into stasis. This stasis is going to continue until you destroy the Factory Guard, which put it on in the first place.

It is a multi-phased boss that will have interesting attack patterns.
Phase 1: It will just deploy Furnae, the traps of this alternate dungeon. More on this in the traps section. That's it, deploying Furnae, and randomly charging. Not really that smart of an AI. 5,000/5,000
Phase 2: When it is in Phase 2, most of it's armor will burst off, and explode after a while. In this phase, it will fire lasers, and creating 4 Holograms, which can harm you, but the only way to tell a Hologram from the Factory Guard is simply if it's HP is lowering or not, and that they flicker every once in a while. It still charges like mad, and being hit by the charges now slows you down. 2,500/5,000
Phase 3: It will have 2 turrets pop off, knocking off the remaining armor. These turrets fire these projectiles that leave some fire on the factory bricks (Green, Yellow, or Gray). Deploys Furnae at a faster rate than in Phase 1, and does a spinning beam, easy to dodge if it weren't for all of these flames and the Furnae! This is the last phase. 1,500/5,000

The Clothier's stasis will end, once you go up to the Clothier's stasis chamber itself, which will be at the top of the factory.

Furnae: These traps lie on the floors and ceilings, deploying 2 weak shots, but every now and again, it will flash, shooting out a powerful shot. These guys have 150 HP.
Dlynix: These traps spin you around, usually pushing you into a Deletion Grid and damaging you, or making you fall into a fire pit trap. You can destroy these by knocking down their HP to 0. They have 500 HP.
Zilax: These traps float in the air, stationary, but when you are too close to it (15 blocks), it begins to chase you, shooting these projectiles that deal 15 damage. These guys can't be destroyed, and can go through walls. However, their projectiles can't.
Factory Razers: These are the Dungeon Guardians of the Factory. They look like a triangle with one robotic eye for some reason... 9999 HP 9999 DEF 1000 ATK (I had to to make turtle armor not able to destroy this) (Damage)

Flingo: These foes are the basic enemies. No projectiles, but these seem to be a template for some tougher foes. 50 HP, 20 DEF, 15 Damage
Assembler: These guys will upgrade a Flingo to a random more advanced foe. Can't seem to upgrade them farther, though. 200 HP, 40 DEF, 40 Damage
Dalgis: These foes are upgraded from Flingoes, and are a faster, more dangerous foe. This foe seems to be carrying a cannon that shoots out these Furnae. 150 HP, 10 DEF, 40 Damage
Rangnim: These Flingoes seem to upgrade into this too? Ok, this is a strong, slow foe. Very bulky. 200 HP, 50 DEF, 50 Damage
Ralgor: These Flingoes.. upgrade into these probes. They look like a downgrade! 70 HP, 40 DEF, 10 Damage, shoots a laser. Note: Looks more like the destroyer's probes.
Deleter: This foe seems to be upgraded from an Assembler, wait, Assemblers can upgrade other Assemblers? Ok. 400 HP, 25 DEF, 65 Damage. Very rare for Upgrade Chance.
Delver: This is a downgrade. Assemblers try to make Deleters, but mostly make Delvers. 15 HP, 0 DEF, 10 Damage. Can be upgraded to a Flingo.
Ragnor: This is a downgrade. Assemblers try to upgrade a Flingo, but mostly make Ragnors. 10 HP, 100 DEF, 5 Damage. Can be upgraded to an Assembler or a Zilax.
Ragcarn: These foes are not upgraded or downgraded from anything, but created by Assemblers when there are no Flingoes nearby. This can be upgraded into Ragcarn (Carbon) and Ragcarn (Steel). These are made from Plastic Shells and fire small arcs of electricity. 50 HP, 15 DEF, 15 Damage (Projectile Damage is 30).
Ragcarn (Carbon): This variant of a Ragcarn is made out of a lighter material, making it faster, however, it has less HP and less Damage. It also loses it's ability to shoot an arc of electricity. 35 HP, 10 DEF, 10 Damage
Ragcarn (Steel): These are bulkier and more damaging Ragcarns. It is heavier, though. It shoots 2 Electricity Arcs at a time. Moves slower because of it being heavy. 150 HP, 30 DEF, 40 Damage (Projectile Damage is 80)

Plastic: Replacement for Bones. Drops from almost everything (Factory Razers drop something else)
Inert Cell: This is an electricity cell, inert. If you get the dungeon, you can craft it with 15 bones, 5 rubies, and 20 Iron Bars for an inert cell. Note: You can find the bones of workers from before the Factory became automated in chests.
Charged Cell: This is an elecricity cell, charged. Used to create a new armor set (as part of Pre-Hardmode).
Carbon Plates: This seems to work well for factory use, although you have damaged them a bit.
Steel Plates: This seems to work well for factory use, not that damaged from your attacks.
Steel Tubes: This is a very important piece if you are trying to transport liquids for Hydrological use.
Carbon Tubes: These pieces of carbon seem to be in a tube, being able to have electricity flow through them.

Mana Lanterns, they do not fit with this, but crafted with 5 Chains and 1 Mana Crystal. Makes Mana Crystals fall from the sky every 5 seconds. Yes, it is random.

Now, there is a chance for an Electric Generator to have 2 Tesla Coils, breaking an Electric Generator with the Tesla Coils gives you a Tesla Coil [Item].
Tesla Coil: This is a weapon that is for magic users. Using this will cause for 1 electrical arc to come out in the direction that your mouse is at. It uses 15 Mana per second(if you don't have a charged cell), and deals 25 damage per second (to enemies in the way of the arc). The downsides are that it can't pierce enemies, it can't go through walls, and it is a use time of 12.
Shockhammer: So, a pre-hardmode life-steal weapon? Ok. Every 5 damage gets converted into 1 health. It is melee (and you have to be close to deal damage) and does 35 damage without buffs/reforges/armor/accessories. The downsides are that you have to wait for it to charge back up (and it uses the charge from your Charged Cells, or 10 mana) before you can use it again, you can't turn around while using it, and charging takes 5 seconds. Crafted with 1 Iron Hammer, 2 Charged Cells, along with 25 Carbon Tubes and 30 Steel Plates.
Ampshooter: This is a bow that obviously shoots arrows. The thing is, it also can shoot bullets, and all arrows/bullets are turned into shockwaves. I don't know what to do with this. Crafted with 2 Iron Bows, 4 Charged Cells, 20 Carbon Tubes, along with 15 Plastic and 20 Carbon Plates. Deals 45 damage, and has a fair amount of knockback, but only can fire 5 shots in a row before costing 1 mana for every shot afterwards.

Now we get into Hardmode stuff. This is a really interesting thing. First, the Biome Terminals [randomly selected from different Terminals] (requires Biome Access Cards to access) will no longer appear like gray terminals. They are still indestructible, it is just that the Biome Terminals now actually have colors in them, but they have a red light, indicating that it is locked. Second, there will be new enemies right when hardmode starts, and more enemies when Plantera is defeated.

Photoclappy: This is another base for harder foes. However, it seems the Assemblers can't work on these, as they don't have powerful enough equipment. HP 340, DEF 55, ATK 85

Reprogrammer: This is one of the tougher to defeat ones... probably because it upgrades the Assemblers, and it can kill you easily if you are not careful enough. Phase 1: This is a 2 phased foe. The first phase will be trying to attach a Leech (Mechanical, of course), and when it is attached, you get a debuff. Once the Leech is attached, it will start healing from the damage you had dealt to it, while you take damage. Every 10 points of damage you take heals back 50 health.
500/500 HP
50 DEF
75 ATK

Phase 2: The second phase (if you manage to get him down to half health) will start to teleport around, and awakening some Assemblers, which will get reprogrammed. Ultimately, the reprogrammed Assemblers will lose some functions and gain some functions.
250/500 HP
46 DEF
100 ATK

It looks like some Revitalizations might have been done.(cybernetic zombies will appear, along with the other foes)
Cybernetic Zombie (Basic): This is a revived workman, but he looks... robotic. Doesn't have anything special. 650 HP, 10 DEF, 190 ATK.
Cybernetic Zombie (Laser): This is a revived workman, but he looks... robotic. Shoots lasers at you every so often. 550 HP, 25 DEF, 150 ATK (Physical), 80 ATK (Laser)
Cybernetic Zombie (Jetpack): Looks like this zombie has a Jetpack on it, able to fly, but not through walls. 450 HP, 50 DEF, 80 ATK
Cybernetic Zombie (Mini): This small child used to work here... until IT awoke. Moves faster. 150 HP, 95 DEF, 140 ATK
Cyronic Pad - This machine is stationary, but seems to be working and... building Reprogrammers. 1000 HP, 180 DEF, 0 ATK (it can't damage you)

This seems to be the content that I will be doing right now. I will do sprites in the future, though.

Last edited:
Currently,the alternate skeletron has too much health for the early player to deal damage before night runs out...

You know,most of these actually have insanely low attack,but high health... Might want to change and nerf the health,buff the attacks.
Btw,is there an alternate Waterbolt being made?
No Waterbolt,no support. Heh,jk... just curious because the water bolt and dungeon chests are what most people want from the dungeon...
I know this is WIP,just wondering.

You know,most of these actually have insanely low attack,but high health... Might want to change and nerf the health,buff the attacks.
Btw,is there an alternate Waterbolt being made?
Hopefully. I think @Dark Gaia had a great idea by making the loot themed after a different element, when I saw the Citadel I didn't like the loot because none of it had an elemental theme.

Perhaps electricity should be the element choice.
That makes sense, maybe lightning since even though it's "mechanical", it should have some primitive roots like most of Terraria. And the books should be... Banners hanging from the ceiling? The Water Bolt equivalent could be a hanging staff.

God damnit I wanted to do something like this but I never really made time to make sprites and such, this was pretty good though, but if I ever get to that suggestion I'll have to pick another name.

He probably meant 5,000. But accidentally added an extra 3 zeros?
Anyways not sure what to think of this idea right now. It's really early in development.

No, you did not scare me off. I just wasn't able to get on the forums for a while. (Things to do)

I intended for mostly high HP, low attack in the pre-hardmode. The Hardmode Factory would be harder...

Also, yes, I accidentally made it 5 million HP for the boss to unlock the Factory. I will change that.

Back
Top Bottom