• For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
  • For issues you find with the Mobile 1.3 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.

PC The Grass Man (NPC)

Could This Work?

• Total voters

GAMINGPEA_64

Skeletron Prime
And maybe he could even sell Fire Immunity potions due to the fact that, well, hes made of grass. even he needs a fire immunity potion.

Green Rango

Skeletron Prime
I don't think Tree Man should only be able to spawn in/near just living trees. Not all worlds have these, and it'd limit what you can actually build to house Tree Man - and as someone who enjoys the freedom to build anything, I don't like this idea. IMO, his housing should be a bit limited, to keep him unique, but not too limited so what you can actually build is affected. What I think could be done is to make it so his house can only be built in the overworld and in a forest biome.

Maybe, instead of being a purity-only type of NPC, his wares, looks, dialogue etc. could depend on his environment. (Crimson, Corruption, Hallow...) He could be the only NPC able to spawn in a corrupted area. On the topic of his wares changing, let's say he sells a pet that's like the Moss Charger. The pet would be would be sold as a green bush when the house's surroundings are pure, but when the house's surroundings are corrupt, the pet would be a purple, thorny bush.

Of course, these ideas could complicate things, but it could work out and make the Tree Man one of the most unique NPC's.

Yeah, that's just my two-cents, but I love the concept of Tree Man.

GAMINGPEA_64

Skeletron Prime
I don't think Tree Man should only be able to spawn in/near just living trees. Not all worlds have these, and it'd limit what you can actually build to house Tree Man - and as someone who enjoys the freedom to build anything, I don't like this idea. IMO, his housing should be a bit limited, to keep him unique, but not too limited so what you can actually build is affected. What I think could be done is to make it so his house can only be built in the overworld and in a forest biome.

Maybe, instead of being a purity-only type of NPC, his wares, looks, dialogue etc. could depend on his environment. (Crimson, Corruption, Hallow...) He could be the only NPC able to spawn in a corrupted area. On the topic of his wares changing, let's say he sells a pet that's like the Moss Charger. The pet would be would be sold as a green bush when the house's surroundings are pure, but when the house's surroundings are corrupt, the pet would be a purple, thorny bush.

Of course, these ideas could complicate things, but it could work out and make the Tree Man one of the most unique NPC's.

Yeah, that's just my two-cents, but I love the concept of Tree Man.
I can see where you're coming from. Thank you for letting me know of some problems with the idea. :)
[doublepost=1558230848,1558230819][/doublepost]
I can see where you're coming from. Thank you for letting me know of some problems with the idea. :)
Maybe if the world doesnt have a living tree, the world would need to be 70% pure maybe.
[doublepost=1558231110][/doublepost]man, this is probably my most lively idea.

butterflypixie

Terrarian
I love this idea a completely unique npc maybe for the purity thing every time the worlds corruption/crimson percent goes up his max health goes down one showing he gets weaker and maybe as a bit of lore he could of been created by the dryad as a way to be more connected to the earth also small note the sprite whilst amazing doesn't much look like it is a terraria sprite perhaps he could look slightly different but still have an npc body perhaps something like this
upload_2019-5-19_13-13-33.png

overall good but maybe he could sell dirt for 1 copper (for builders who wish not to mess up terrain)

Top Bottom