The Gravity-Challenged Terrarian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, at least you know more about video editing than me; I don't know what a 4:3-aspect-ratio is. s:

Anyway yay, an episode of Gravity's shenanigans soon, the atmosphere is positively electric!

[[Quick Update:

Video is edited, ready to render. Buuuuut the PC I'm using to render it is almost out of disk space, so it keeps returning errors at me. I'll have to wait until my brother cleans out some unneeded junk out of the memory before I can get the video out to you guys. :(

Other than that, expect the video soon™.]]

*Ahem*
Well folks. It's been a while.

Suffice to say, we've had some... technical difficulties over the past few days.

But it's finally here!

Next question is, what does he do with the loot...

Gravity still hasn't put the Adamantite Pickaxe and Chainsaw in his inventory. I can understand if he wants a chainsaw, but I wanna see him hold Night's Edge again; they're a fun sword. Also I commend him for his slick moves in the air.

I am sorry for not subscribing Xman, because I do not have a YouTube account.

[[This is becoming too much of a thing.

I have been majorly distracted over the past month. And it's down to the same reason - finishing a expert mode playthrough and non-stop Minecraft shenanigans.

Well, here's hoping this is a sign that the story will be finished... eventually.]]
Well. That was something. And got some bars and souls for my troubles.

Time to see the shiny loots!
2015-09-10_00017.jpg

A new sword? Ooooo! I want!
2015-09-10_00018.jpg

...but I've always wondered why the Wizard says this harp is 'something special'...
2015-09-10_00019.jpg

*GASP*
Magical music!?
I must have!
2015-09-10_00020.jpg

Must get all the things!

*SOME CRYSTAL FARMING AND HALLOWED MURDERING LATER*
2015-09-10_00021.jpg

There it is! Oooo, so exciting!

Now to take down the next mech!

...but it just turned morning... dammit.

Well, I'm just gonna have to waste some time doing some soul gathering, aren't I... I think I don't have the materials that mech worm spawner anyway. Might as well get that ready for tonight.

*LITERALLY (not really) 10 SECONDS LATER*
2015-09-10_00022.jpg

Oh. OK. More NPCs to check out!
2015-09-10_00023.jpg

Woah. A 'Gatligator'? Does it chomp my enemies to death.
Uhhh... not exactly...
You sold me on exactly. Let me just go and sell some stuff so that I can afford your price.

...*facepalm* This fellow is almost as bad as that Xman101 character... and three times as weird...
2015-09-10_00024.jpg

And I thank for the lovely enemy-chomping gun.
Your... welcome?

Now where is that other NPC...
2015-09-10_00025.jpg

...oh. Really?

...ugh. Fine.
2015-09-10_00026.jpg

Maybe I should just dismantle that house altogether... save me trips like this...
2015-09-10_00027.jpg

WOAH, HEY BUDDY, HOW YOU DOING, I'M DOING JUST FINE, WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU, GET OUT OF MY LIFE
2015-09-10_00028.jpg

And just when you thought the bats couldn't any more annoying...
2015-09-10_00029.jpg

You'd better have some good stuff for sale. I've had a rough trip just to be here.
2015-09-10_00030.jpg

Welp, back home then. Maybe I can try my hand at one of those mechs now.
*scratchy noises*
*tap tap tap*
Is this thing on now?

*ftwftw*

Okay?

Good.
I think we need to invest in a new microphone.

Anyway, seems like Gravity's about ready for some more mech boss action! Maybe, it'll even be twice in a row!

See you next time for Chapter 40!

[[Well, here we go again. Another video in quick succession. But that's how it is in Hardmode. Past the initial ore gathering, bosses come thick and fast in Hradmode, especially on normal difficulty. So, if I'm able to keep up some momentum, you could be seeing quite a few videos in your near future.]]

Last edited:
Oh yeah, I have an Expert Mode playthrough due... but I just wanna have fun in the sandstorms and revere in the fact that the Desert is actually a challenge to traverse at night. Gee, the Corruption's easier.

Edit: Congrats to Gravity for killing eyes upside-down. This man is worthy of every medal, except friendship.

[[Oh look, an update to GCT! How quaint.]]
Gravity isn't dead! I've just been busy procrastinating with this latest chapter.

This is thankfully the last video for a little while, so I can work on getting out the new chapters soon with relative ease in comparison. Expect some Jungle in Gravity's near future. ;)

Sweet, nice upside-down kills!
Might I ask when this was recorded?
[[Over a year ago, not long after 1.3 was released. It makes it a little difficult to know what exactly the story should be, as well as where videos slot in with the screenshots.]]

With all the mechs out of the way, we all know what is coming next.

Gravity's FINALLY going to do something in his life?

...you really need to brush that chip off your shoulder...
ANYWAYS. Yes, it's time for some JUNGLE!
2015-09-10_00031.jpg

This looks cool! If it requires all the mech soul things to craft, it must be important.
2015-09-10_00032.jpg

Plus, some new armor would be nice. This red armor's been good and all, but I'm kinda tired of all the red.
2015-09-10_00033.jpg

Oh man, I look good!
2015-09-10_00034.jpg

Just look at all the gold!
2015-09-10_00035.jpg

Ooooh, so many goodies! Must craft them all!
2015-09-10_00036.jpg

Hello! Got anything for me this time?
Uhhh... do I know you...?
That doesn't matter, I just want to see the good stuff.
2015-09-10_00037.jpg

Eh, I guess this will do.
By the way, come back when you've got something a little for me, like last time.
Bu- Wait, I don't even know y-!
See ya!
2015-09-10_00038.jpg

*Sigh* Well, that was a waste of time.
Why do I get the feeling I've forgotten something...
Nah, it's probably nothing.

Anyways, Mr Guide mentioned something about some ore at the jungle that this shiny new pickaxe is able to mine.
Let's go!
2015-09-10_00039.jpg

And here we ar-!
I swear, these things choose the weirdest of spots to grow.
2015-09-10_00041.jpg

Ah, here we are!
This looks cool! I must get more of it!
2015-09-10_00042.jpg

This stuff is everywhere!
I'm like a kid in a candy store with a $20 note.
2015-09-10_00043.jpg

Another yo-yo? I won't say no!
2015-09-10_00044.jpg

What is THIS? It looks so... juicy.
*nom nom nom*
2015-09-10_00045.jpg

These bees though... they're so annoying! Just constant poison after poison. How more obnoxious do you things want to be!?
2015-09-10_00046.jpg

Why do I suddenly get an urge to hit it...
2015-09-10_00047.jpg

I know what this thing is!

My poison troubles are finally over!
2015-09-10_00048.jpg

MmmmMmmmMmm! These things are so good!
2015-09-10_00049.jpg

*Strange noise of... satisfaction? Who knows*
So.... GOOD!
2015-09-10_00050.jpg

Whew, what a jam-packed day.
A full inventory to boot.

Time to head home I guess...
...you have got to be kidding me.
YOU HAVE GOT. TO BE. KIDDING. ME.

HE DIDN'T CRAFT EXCALIBUR.

HE DIDN'T CRAFT. FREAKING. EXCALIBUR.

I AM SO DONE.

LET ME AT HIM.

LET ME AT HIM.

There we go. Hush now. Everything will be alright. Shhhhhh.

*heavy panting*
I am so done. You know what? You take the helm BB. I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

Oh come now, MM, isn't that a tad extreme?

...MM?
MM?
Yoohoo, MM!

Well then.
We'll see you next time for Chapter 42.

I hate my life.

There's no way around it now, LB. Without MM, you're left without a co-host.

I hate my life.

And come now, I respect the others as much as you do, but FB and BG are not known for their... commentating skills, shall we say.

I hate my life.

Why the hostility? We should be working together as evil biome brothers, not this silly little rivalry you seem to be entertaining in your head.

Just start the chapter already.
2015-09-10_00051.jpg
Wow, that was a lot of stuff to put away...
But I wonder of there's anything I can do with some of that loot...
2015-09-10_00052.jpg

What's this? The ultimate defensive accessory?
Yes please.
2015-09-10_00053.jpg

Huh, that green ore makes some pretty cool looking gear.
I mean, just look at that spear!
2015-09-10_00054.jpg

Oh wow! This thing shoots through blocks? Amazing!

These flowers...
2015-09-10_00055.jpg

Well, I guess I can go back to mining more of that green ore. Sounds like there is some pretty cool things I can make with it if I hoard enough of it.

Eh, not the weirdest place I've seen these things.
2015-09-10_00056.jpg

Ohhhh. That pink bulb thing was a Plantera's Bulb. What's a "Plantera"?

...Hmmm. I wonder if this thing has loot after all. I should probably just go and poke it a little. Just a little.
Man, using this map is so trippy...
You do realise, I can solo host.

Ah yes, but that would mean things would get stale without the thoughtful conversation that the GCT is known for.
I mean, look at Gravity. He's doing well, yes. It looks like he's just about to stumble upon Plantera already.
But he's just missing that... conversation factor. You know what I mean?

Yeah, I guess...

So what happen if everything were to be left to you, and you alone?
You'd probably turn into another Gravity! Just rambling to himself, with very little meaningful commentary.
And I couldn't possibly bare seeing that happen to you.

*gag*
Oh please. Cut it with the soppy talk.
We'll see you next time for Chapter 43.

I'm now quite enjoying conversations outside of Gravity's adventure having very little or nothing to do with what Gravity's doing. :p

Sorry about the short nature of this chapter. I kinda went overboard with the last one, not realising that the Plantera fight was just another few screenshots away.

And yes, another video, only 3 episodes from the last one. Hopefully, this should be too bad in the editing department, since I won't have 10 minutes of footage to edit down to over 6 minutes because of repeat fights and long, uninteresting battles.

And yes, another video, only 3 episodes from the last one. Hopefully, this should be too bad in the editing department, since I won't have 10 minutes of footage to edit down to over 6 minutes because of repeat fights and long, uninteresting battles.
Hopefully, this should be too bad in the editing department, since I won't have 10 minutes of footage to edit down to over 6 minutes because of repeat fights and long, uninteresting battles.
Hopefully, this should be too bad in the editing department
Hopefully, this should be too bad
should be too bad
Something just doesn't seem right about that.
Also, NEW VIDEO HYPE!

[[This is what happens when you're motivated to get things done. ;) ]]
I've gotten word that Gravity's microphone is fixed now.
At long last! I've been wa-
I wasn't talking to you.

How rude.
The one good thing out of this is that I don't have to watch our editor's random ramblings anymore.
We just get to see Gravity's random ramblings instead.

[[The main reason why Gravity hasn't been talking for the mech boss fights was because I was some trouble with consistency with the Gravity head pictures. That, and some transparency issues. Apparently, Sony Vegas doesn't like 1280x1024 images with a tiny amount of actual picture. :rolleyes:

I have that sorted now, so Gravity's ramblings are back! (Thank you presets! :passionate:)]]

Oh yay, Gravity did loads of things while I decided to not check TCF for some time! Looks like Light's Bane is getting slightly more polite around Blood Butcherer. Slightly.

*offers Blood Butcherer a tissue*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom