Weapons & Equip The Highly Controversial 1.3.6. Life Steal Gun

Should it fart when it misses shots?(1-3) and Name of Gun? (4-7+)(2 votes max)

• Total voters
@FoxFire969 Now I question your methods; I can't even get the Uzi over 800 DPS with gear available at that time, much less double that. Certainly if you did somehow get it to go that far it wouldn't be at all close to averaging that. And the Sniper Rifle is significantly more accurate than any of those rapid-fire guns, which gives the small benefit of saving more expensive ammo types and the large one of being able to take out threats before they reach striking distance, especially airborne ones.

Oh, now I see how you're testing DPS. Assuming the player will always be in stealth and directly adjacent to the target is highly unrealistic except, ironically, with the Sniper Rifle, which is just as effective at any range by hitting every bullet fired without projectile deviation, and being able to fire from stealth without risk to the user from incoming enemies. Any DPS calculated adjacently with a weapon like the Chain Gun or Uzi (both of which I have used extensively) is already suspect; with stealth involved it's lunacy.

I actually understand very little of this, and I don't know why you put so much effort into this post when Lord Garak wasn't even disagreeing with you.

I think we can agree that the Sniper Rifle isn't outstanding and is used mostly by people who are trying to have fun. The question now is: if the Sniper Rifle could restore your health on every shot, should we nerf its offensive stats, or buff them? Or keep them the same?

Now on one extreme, we could bring its stats all the way down so they match the Flintlock Pistol. It would still be useful since its lifesteal doesn't depend on your damage, but at that point we have to ask, "what's the point of making it a ranged weapon?" If it's a ranged weapon, then there should be some advantage to using it while wearing ranged armor. Otherwise it's just a classless life-restoring device with no damage output.

So we can probably agree that it should at least do some damage, and honestly I think the Sniper Rifle already has the perfect stats for it as it is. The reason why we chose the Sniper Rifle is because using it is so fun and yet so suboptimal, and we wanted to introduce a playstyle where players would be rewarded for playing like a sniper and not just mindlessly spraying bullets everywhere. Yes, the Sniper Rifle is incredibly awesome, and any weapon that upgrades from the Sniper Rifle should preserve that same awesomeness. This is why I think it's a good idea to give the Soul Searcher the same stats.

However, I am strongly opposed to giving it piercing abilities. The Soul Searcher already has one unique ability and doesn't need two. With lifesteal alone, it becomes usable and quite useful in certain situations. We shouldn't buff it further if it doesn't need those buffs to be useful. And honestly, if you're going to give unique piercing abilities to a gun, why would you give them to a gun that we're all trying so hard to not make overpowered?

@FoxFire969 Now I question your methods; I can't even get the Uzi over 800 DPS with gear available at that time, much less double that. Certainly if you did somehow get it to go that far it wouldn't be at all close to averaging that. And the Sniper Rifle is significantly more accurate than any of those rapid-fire guns, which gives the small benefit of saving more expensive ammo types and the large one of being able to take out threats before they reach striking distance, especially airborne ones.

Oh, now I see how you're testing DPS. Assuming the player will always be in stealth and directly adjacent to the target is highly unrealistic except, ironically, with the Sniper Rifle, which is just as effective at any range by hitting every bullet fired without projectile deviation, and being able to fire from stealth without risk to the user from incoming enemies. Any DPS calculated adjacently with a weapon like the Chain Gun or Uzi (both of which I have used extensively) is already suspect; with stealth involved it's lunacy.

I was shooting point blank so all shots would account for, (so DPS would not be lost) assuming the player was using Chlorophyte Bullets because it is considered the "Meta", as of current. Where is, they wouldn't miss, this was my only fair way of showing maximum potential DPS across the boards, by shooting point blank with "endless musket pouch" as in substitution of chlorophyte. (plus, chlorophyte does not home on Target Dummies and would be extremely costly for testing purposes :p)

Also, All my tests were in an expert world (6th accessory), using vortex armor while in stealth, All critical strike and Damaging accessories with "lucky" modifier. I had 100% critical chance to maintain optimal damage without having DPS jump around from stray NON-critical strikes, so all would be treated as if base damage, that is why I was in stealth. I AGREE, It is less than optimal and suicidal even to be fully aggressive like that in a real situation with this kind of set up, but test's intent was so results would not vary drastically, be uniform and unbiased. (this link shows my accessories during test) https://media.discordapp.net/attach...22457104385/unknown.png?width=1287&height=670 P.S. Sorry for late reply, didn't notice that post.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom