Biomes & Nature The House

Hello everybody! It's time for the house: Upgraded. I'm adding more detail to as much as I can. WARNING! All stats here are not to be compared to anything outside the House, these numbers are only to show the difference in power between enemies and weapons from the house. Any statistical tips, as long as any other, are welcome. Sprites provided by PhoenixBlade

Location: I have 2 ideas for this, the original and a new one. The House could spawn towards the end of the jungle, on the side nearest the ocean biome. This would make it like a little safe haven or fortress after moving through the jungle. The second option is that it could spawn in the snow biome. I think it would look more natural there, a big warm house being built in the cold snow. Please give me more suggestions as to good locations, or if you like one of these.

From the surface, when you first see it, the House will have a warmer, calming feel than the Dungeon Entrance for example. The part at the surface is called the Main Room, and will be all you see of the House until you defeat Skeletron.
The Main Room is the same height and slightly wider than the first room in the Dungeon, with two smaller hallways on each side, leading to a door for and entrance and exit. The roof is very large and appears to be made of soli blocks. The room is well lit with lamps and chandeliers, it has 2-4 paintings on the walls, and several fancy pieces of furniture, as wall as a background fireplace object. When in the Main Room, you are given the Homely buff, greatly increasing life regeneration. ALL blocks (not furniture) are un-mineable until the Hardmode boss is defeated.
In the middle of the room, there will be some wooden platforms covering a staircase leading down diagonally for a short distance, leading to a locked door. This door can only be opened with the House Key, a 100% first time drop from Skeletron. That brings you to floor B1 of the house!

Floor B1: Floor B1 is about six blocks tall, and twice as long as the first floor, including the hallways, but it is centered on the first floor so it doesn't take up too much space. This floor is nice looking, with wooden walls, well lit in most places with chandeliers and lamps, and has a nice amount of furniture, wooden and looking nice like the ones upstairs. This floor will also have a new furniture item, the mirror. It simply reflects your image slightly, but one of the mirrors reflects you as a zombie!
As you wander around, you will come across some doors that are locked, generally near a poorly lit area. For this, you need to find the switch that opens the door. There will only be 2-3 doors at all, only more on large worlds. The enemies here spawn very often, with a rarer spawn that is like a miniboss.

Well Dressed Zombie
Tux zommie.png
HP: 70
Attack: 20
Defense: 15
They wear tuxedos and attack by throwing silverware at you when you are far away, and a normal fighter AI when you are close.
Drop:
Silverware, does 20 consumable damage. Throws alternate from forks to spoons to butter knives, and can not be picked up after throwing. They drop 10-25 each.

Fancy Mimics
Chair Mimic.png
HP: 50
Attack: 25
Defense: 30
They masquerade as chairs until you get too close, then the seat of the chair becomes its mouth, with sharp teeth, and it attacks like a normal mimic. Be careful where you sit!
Drop:
Harm Chair,Chair Weapon.png does 30 damage with a really big knockback and slow speed. It looks like a cushioned wooden chair. Chair sword... Talk about a party!
Cursed Chair Leg- Minion summoning weapon, it summons a Deadly lantern to fight for you. It wont move far away from you, and only slowly chase enemies that get close to it, but once an enemy gets within two blocks of you, it moves extremely fast and rams into the enemy, dealing low damage but giving massive knockback and inflicting slow and on-fire debuffs. Useful as a protection minion in events or tight spaces.

Head Butler
HP: 150
Defense: 20
He attacks by throwing silverware that deal half his base damage, but he throws them fast. He can switch to throwing plates that deal his full damage, but he throws them slower. Every little bit, he will throw a slow piece of furniture at you, doing twice his damage with a huge knockback.
Drops:
Silverware 15-35
Flying Saucer-Plate.png 25 damage, average speed, magic weapon, it looks like a stack of plates. When used, it throws one plate that you can control like a magic missile. It shatters when it hits a block or enemy, dealing damage as well as making little pieces of plate that do half the base damage.
Enchanted Table- Does 50 damage, very slow, insane knockback. A boomerang weapon, it does not pierce enemies, but you throw a returning table. Need I say more?

Forbidden Lantern-Chair Lantern.png Found among other lanterns on floor B1, it is a pet summoning item that summons a chair mimic pet, following you around by hoping, and when you fly it spins through the air to follow.

The next floor after B1 is B2, not too original, but it's consistent.

This time, the Wall of Flesh gets a 100% first time drop, the Basement Key.
Behind one of the locked doors, there will be another staircase with a locked door at the end. This door leads to floor B2.

Floor B2 looks more like a basement with hard wood chairs, work benches, and old, boring paintings with dull colors. The enemies get tough, but not quite as tough as everything else gets in Hardmode. This floor is slightly longer than floor B1, but it is about 5 blocks tall. Floor B2 is lit with dim lamps, giving it an eerie feel. And the farthest edge of the floor, there will be a wall you can't see past and light won't do anything. This will come into play later.
Enemies:

Skeletron P.
HP: 300
Attack: 40
Defense: 0
Skeletron AI, only he's really small. His arms are circular saws and he doesn't have a spinning attack. Common.
Drops:
Circular Saw, does 35 damage. Boomerang-type weapon. Pierces infinite enemies with medium range. Inflicts bleeding.

Pre-ladin
Attack: 50
Defense: 35
Paladin reject. He has some rusty armor and throws sharp rocks when you are far and just walks at you when you are close. Uncommon spawn.
Drops:
Sharp rock, accessory, gives a 75% chance to shoot a sharp rock from your Melee weapon. It deals the same damage as the sword and is overruled by other projectiles.

Rusty Mimic
HP: 200
Attack: 35
Common. He looks like an old, rusty workbench until you get close, then the entire top of the table becomes his mouth with big teeth.
Drops:
Rusty workbench- can replace the workbench and anvil. Combined with Mithril or Orichalcum to become Advanced Rusty Workbench.
Rusty Rivetgun- Ranged weapon that shoots bullets as rivets. Their damage is decreased, but knockback is greatly increased. Similar damage to Clockwork Rifle.
Rusty Wrench- Magic weapon, shoots three blobs of rust that inflict slow and/or bleeding.

Dust Spider
HP: 50 each
Defense:10
Spawn in groups of five, they are hard to see and are very small, some crawling on walls, others on the floor. They occasionally spawn spiderweb to slow you down. Inflict poison. No drops

Screwdriver Staff- A weapon disguised as a screwdriver background item. It summons a winged nail to fight for you (it's funny because screwdrivers are for screws, not nails!). The nail flies all over the screen inflicting bleeding and dealing damage. It can't go through blocks, but it can move through 1 block spaces and will try anything to get to the enemies.

They all drop small amounts of a Hardmode ore on occasion. The stronger the ore, the less that drops. Can drop without altars being smashed, making it a way to grind for the ores without contaminating more of the world.

The way you get to the next floor is with 3 Ectoplasm and the House key mold, a drop from floor B2's miniboss. At one end of floor B2, there is a room with a small pedestal with an open book on it. When you click on this book with a Cursed Page in your inventory, a rare drop from any B2 enemy, it summons the Phantom.

The Phantom
HP: 2000
Defense: 25
He is a cloaked figure with a mask and the fighter AI, and is the entire height of floor B2. He comes at you and swings a sword that inflicts bleeding. He can also shoot a Cursed Noose, a flail like weapon that, as long as its touching you, inflicts the suffocating debuff along with the initial damage. A simple fight, he has no other attacks or phases, but moves across the floor like the WoF, not stopping and immune to knockback. He has doubled contact damage, so moving past him will be dangerous, along with getting trapped at one side of the room.
Drops:
Phantom Sword- 60 damage, auto swing, no special effect.

Noose- 25 damage, laches onto enemies to inflict constant damage. It has a small range so it falls easily.

House Key Mold- Used to make the Phantom Key with Ectoplasm.

Now, with the Phantom Key, you go to floor B3.

Floor B3 is going to be scary. It's basically a torture chamber, so it has a lot of traps. It's made up of three full floors, but when you enter the first room, it's only one, small room, completely blocked off, no doors, only a chest. When you open the chest, it only has one slot, and in that is the Looking Glass. This allows you to see and pass through illusion blocks.

Illusion blocks are placed like doors, only they look exactly like the blocks around them. They can't be destroyed and you can only pass through them with the looking glass equipped in an accessory slot. Beyond the illusion blocks are the dark areas I mentioned earlier. No light will work here, so the traps you fill find won't be easily avoided.

Floor B3 and Dark Zone traps:

Saw trap, swings a saw in a three block radius. Does 30 damage and inflicts bleeding. Picture the first Indiana Jones with the swinging saw blades.

Zap Trap, when stepped on, it electrocutes you, doing 20 damage and inflicting on fire and slow.

Shade Dart Trap, does damage and inflicts darkness, making what little light you might have had be gone.

The Dark Zone, as well as the rest of floor B3, would be fully made of dark walls. It's a specific wall type that prevents light except for a small glow around you and all enemies. This area shows no details on the map. The dark area wall spawns some very nasty enemies.
Enemies:

Sproutera
HP:800
Attack: 60
Defense: 30
Plantera's child. They move like her and attack like her. Their flowers are yellow.
Drops:
Sprout- Placeable, looks like Planteras Bulb. Gives buff that does the same thing as the heart lantern, but stacks with it instead of overriding.

Daisy Pusher
A sword that looks like a daisy. Does 67 damage and shoots 3-5 daisy petals.

Flower
A boomerang that shoots flower petals every time it's thrown. 35 damage.

Super Zombie
HP: 1500
Attack: 60
His super hero suit is a little tattered, but his teleporting and eye lasers that go through blocks still works. As expected, caster AI.
Drops:
Eye wand, shoots a laser beam that pierces enemies, can't go through walls, and is very thin. Looks like an eyeball on a stick. Magic weapon

Frogzilla
HP: 500
Attack: 40
Defense: 25
Spawns in groups of five. They are big frogs that jump on you and inflict slow. They have a chance to drop the frog suit, a vanity item, and a very small chance to drop the Toad poison, an accessory that gives your Melee attacks a 50% chance to inflict poison and a 10% chance to inflict venom.

Skele-bot
HP: 1000
Attack: 30
Defense: 60
A robot skeleton. He has a normal fighter AI
He drops the Robot Skeleton Arm, a sword that does 60 damage, fast speed, and high knockback.

Tortured
Attack: 75
Defense: 10
One of those who were tortured, they are insane and attack all out, but don't have much HP or defense. Fast Fighter AI. Drop 5 gold coins

Key Fly- a critter that randomly flies around in groups of 2-5, with new groups spawning as soon as there are none left. When caught, they have a 5% chance to become an enchanted key, a pet summoner that summons a flying key pet, and a 10% chance to become a Magic Key. Time to go to the roof!

On the very top of the house there are some illusion blocks leading to an enchanted door. This is opened with the Magic Key. When this is opened, the House's main boss spawns, The Haunded Housekeeper! Once this boss is defeated, all blocks, other than the Illusion and Dark blocks, will be mineable.
The Haunted Housekeeper
HP: 35,000
Defense: 40
He looks like a giant person with shackles and chains around his wrists and ankles. He floats around with a creepy shadow animation behind him. He attacks by shooting his chains at you or running into you. He moves slowly but if you teleport away he will follow, so you have to kill him. At 20k HP the chains get smaller, and he summons Link Minions, small chain links that fly and ram into you, having 50 HP each and spawning about 5 over every 3 seconds. At 5k HP, the shackles come off, Link Minions stop spawning, and the HH starts moving very fast, ramming you 2-3 times, then floating above you and shooting shadow pulses and orbs at you. He continues this until he dies.

Drops:
Magic Chest Key 100%

Chain Swinger- melee weapon. When used, two chains swing around you hitting all enemies nearby and dealing 40 damage. Has a high knockback, so it can be used like a shield to keep enemies away while regenerating life.

Link Staff- Minion summon weapon 36 damage, each summon spawns three connected links that break apart and attack enemies, each ling doing half the damage of the staff.

Shadow Launcher- 45 ranged damage, shoots rockets as shadow balls. All effects of the rocket still happen, but when each shadow explodes, three small projectiles shoot randomly, dealing the full damage of the launcher.

Shadow wings- same tier as Spectre wings. They give a shadow animation behind you and the wings can't be seen at all.

After he is defeated, you can go through the door and enter the roof. There are four locked chests, each having a special name: Summoner's Chest, Mage's Chest, Ranger's Chest, and Fighter's Chest. The Magic Chest Key can open ONE of these, and it is consumed doing so. Each chest has a unique weapon or accessory.

Summoner- The Phantom Staff, a stationary minion summoner that summons the Phantom, who swings his sword at whatever enemies come near, and uses his noose to pull enemies to him and hold them there.

Mage- House Key (weapon)- When used, it drops a house on the cursor. The house has a massive knockback and is 10 blocks wide and 7 blocks tall. Enemies that touch it will be damaged and knocked back. After three seconds, the house explodes, dealing damage to all enemies in a medium radius. It can only be used again 3 seconds after the house explodes. Cost 35 mana

Ranger- Butler Bag- an accessory that you can place up to 3 stacks of ammo into. It shows as a separate slot next to the normal ammo. When equipped, the ammo in the Butler Bag will be used first, with an added 30% chance to not use ammo, but only for ammo used from the bag.

Fighter- The House Hammer. A huge hammer, the size of the Breaker Blade, it works different from most hammers and swords. It swings normal until it becomes fully horizontal, then it stops and smashes straight down, sending a shockwave out ten blocks in front and behind you, dealing massive knockback and full damage. It has a slow speed WITS auto-swing.

That is the end of the House! Some vanity features of the Main Room change during the year, with Christmas lights in winter, flowers and bright colors in spring, a warm feeling in summer with yellows and oranges, and a Halloween look in fall, with pumpkins and orange and black colors.

Thank you for reading, I hope I made this better than it used to be. If you have any suggestions, please tell me. Any sprites are also welcome, I have neither the skill or the patience to do them myself.

Last edited:
It's a work in progress, mor detail will be added at a time when I'm not tired. Seriously, I got like no sleep last night, my cat kept me up...

Alright, I just upgraded and edited this entire thread, I'm hoping it does better in round two!
It sounds pretty good if you ask me, although I do think some bits and such should be changed (Not sure on what bits, though, not to be rude), and with how large the house is, I'm wondering how it would fit well on smaller snow biomes and such if the second method is used.

Well, I would think the size of the House would be proportional to the size of the world, the sizes that I said are just guidelines. A smaller world with a smaller snow biome would have a smaller house, while a larger world with a larger snow biome could have a larger house. If you could give some tips on what to change, or what doesn't seem right, I would be happy to see how I could make them better.

Hello! In lieu of something I came up with called Suggestion Sprite week, and since I really like this idea, I'd like to sprite your suggestion!
Here's the Well-Dressed Zombie:
Tux zommie.png

He is about a block taller than the Well Dressed Zombie, he is a little less decayed and more pale, like a vampire, and he should have sort of smooth hair with no hat, like your typical creepy butler.

Back
Top Bottom