NPCs & Enemies The Jester NPC

Inklingdude003

Plantera
The Jester NPC is an NPC that sells clown-like things. To get the NPC, it has to be Hardmode, and must be a blood moon. 1/15 clowns look different to other clowns. Use purification powder on the Clown and you have yourself a new NPC. Names are:
Mr. Ha Ha, Red Nosed Robbie, Jack Box (Reference to the clown in a Jack-In-The-Box), Jester Jerry, Krazy Kyle, Circus Sam, Penny, and Clown Caleb. He sells:
Jester's Arrows, Happy Grenades and Happy Dynamite, Jack-In-The-Box (Used to scare away enemies for 5 seconds. Uses 20 mana, and does NOT work on bosses), Jester Armor. It is only sold during a solar eclipse, 10 defense for the helmet and greaves, 11 for the chestplate. It is summoner armor, and each piece supplies 5% more minion damage and +1 clown from the Jester Whistle. The set bonus is: +2 Mini-Clowns from Jester whistle, which summons a mini clown to fight, which does 21 summon damage. He also sells Jester Nose, which honks when used. Just for fun. The last thing is a VERY expensive mount sold ONLY during a blood moon after Golem is killed. It is the ball mount, which rolls fast and bounces, but can deflate over time, until it is unusable. The inflater inflates it again. To inflate it, you need to have the Inflater on the ground. Take the popped ball mount and place it in the Inflater. It would take 5 minutes real-life for the thing to be fully pumped with air, and it takes about 2 hours real-life for the ball to deflate fully. The prices are:
Jester's Arrows: 1 silver
Happy Grenades: 2 silver
Happy Dynamite: 1 gold
Jack in the Box: 20 gold
Jester Armor: 25 gold 50 silver 25 copper per piece.
Jester Whistle: 50 gold.
Jester Nose: 1 gold.
Ball Mount: 3 platinum 30 gold.
Clown Book: 3 gold. You can write in it, and books could be opened to reveal lore about where the book was found. Bookcases could hold books. Crafted Books have to be written in.
Quotes:
When saved: "Boy, thanks. I couldn't balance on that ball much longer."
Day: "(Name of Dryad) barricaded herself in her room. I wonder why." (Only when Dryad is present)
"The circus life is hard. I had to tightrope walk years ago. I fell."
"(Name of Merchant) sold me this thing called Normality. I just didn't get it." (Only if Merchant is present)
"Wanna honk my nose? Yes? Well, back off, murderer."
"(Name of Party Girl) sells the most splendid items. No wonder all I have is my spare circus ball." (Only if party girl is present)
"I need to go to the Jungle, I heard of a mysterious pink, glowing plant. Perfect nose upgrade!" (Only if conditions for Plantera Bulbs to spawn are met)
Night:
"(Name of Arms Dealer) really doesn't joke around. He flattened my old nose." (Only if Arms Dealer is present)
Blood Moon:
"WHERE IS MY BIRTHDAY CAKE!?!"
"No time to celebrate, destroy those zombies!"
"Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthd--OH, Hey... Shouldn't you be out fighting?"
Like some other NPCs, he can drop stuff upon death. He drops:
Rainbow Wig: Tooltip: "Nice try, little man." (SpongeBob reference)
+20 mana, and +10% magic damage. (Thanks, Hunter Green)
Balloon: 19 melee damage, 4% Critical Strike Chance, Insanely Fast Speed, and no knockback. Tooltip: "Incredibly quickly uppercuts enemies."
Clown's Diary: You can read it. It has 4 pages.
Page 1:
"Dear Diary, I just got my clown nose. I am so happy. I am staring at a blood moon currently, and my brethren surround me! Best night ever!"
Page 2:
"I am stuck outside, as my brethren blew the circus tent- and anyone in it. I am stuck on a rolling ball in the middle of nowhere. I can't leave my shelter unless there is a blood moon."
Page 3: "Finally, it is a blood moon. I see light, I wanna check it out now but I am nervous. I'll write back after the blood moon ends...
Back. I found someone. He helped me, cured me, and gave me a shelter. I can now leave houses anytime!"
Page 4: "Life has improved. People to talk to, and I really hate being a clown! I am selling my stuff to (Name of Player) to hopefully forget about this dilemma."

That is the diary's contents. The Jester uses a gag flower to defend himself.

Last edited:
Hmm, this seems like an interesting idea, but the mount requirement having to have another clown on-screen seems a bit too much.. I would just say the mount can be purchased during a full moon, (mostly because a full moon looks like a ball :p) no hate, just my opinion :) Other than that, looks like a nice addition!

Wasn't it too expensive?
I think, since it's a good mount, it needs to cost a lot.
[DOUBLEPOST=1441248921,1441248718][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hmm, this seems like an interesting idea, but the mount requirement having to have another clown on-screen seems a bit too much.. I would just say the mount can be purchased during a full moon, (mostly because a full moon looks like a ball :p) no hate, just my opinion :) Other than that, looks like a nice addition!
Alrighty, I have edited the ball mount requirements to make it post-Plantera, and during a blood moon. I also lowered the price.

Thanks you all, I increased mana usage on the Jack in the Box. A plan of mine is to get a boss around here for the Jester. I also want a lot more items and names but I cannot think of any. I will put a lot of time into the Jester and make him suitable enough for Terraria.
[DOUBLEPOST=1441309523,1441309398][/DOUBLEPOST]Also I bumped up the price for the ball mount to 3 platinum.

I like this idea, but I have a couple of questions and a couple of ideas to improve (imo) the suggestion. First idea is that maybe the Strange Clowns should just be called Clowns, and the only thing distinguishing them from normal clowns should be that they have a scarier face or some other minor thing like that. Partially because all clowns in this game are kind of strange, and partially because I think it would be a lot cooler to find one of them that way. Second idea is a name for the npc; 'Penny', as a reference to Pennywise the Dancing Clown from Stephen King's It.
And here's the aforementioned questions I had: How would one reinflate the ball mount? And also, I don't really think having it deinflate over time is a good idea in the first place. It just seems like a tedious chore to have to inflate it again every time. And what kind of weapon would the balloon be?

To reinflate the mount, put the inflater down and you take the tube and place it down. Put the ball mount on the tube by pressing I with your cursor over the tube.

Back
Top Bottom