Here's a thingy for Veanlin's magic system too
1669922573285.png

Still

Also
Here's a thingy for Veanlin's magic system too
View attachment 393180
Kool.
Me with horrifyingly few non-combat magic stuffs:

Meanwhile, I've never really committed this to text yet, but I had some hazy ideas for military grade magic on Arth.
Mainly just some simple soul stuff ideas.
Namely that soul spells tend to target different parts of the soul.

Kool.
Me with horrifyingly few non-combat magic stuffs:
I mean
same here
It's just that Floralis and Antel kinda cover both bases at once, while Veanlin is now getting this
Taelon is completely safe because of how varied the runes can be, Aquaria is too unfinished for me to say anything, and Relentia is currently similar to Taelon

Meanwhile, I've never really committed this to text yet, but I had some hazy ideas for military grade magic on Arth.
Mainly just some simple soul stuff ideas.
Namely that soul spells tend to target different parts of the soul.
And how would that work out with my lore where there isn't exactly multiple parts unless there's also a split personality going on?

I mean
same here
It's just that Floralis and Antel kinda cover both bases at once, while Veanlin is now getting this
Taelon is completely safe because of how varied the runes can be, Aquaria is too unfinished for me to say anything, and Relentia is currently similar to Taelon
Huh.

And how would that work out with my lore where there isn't exactly multiple parts unless there's also a split personality going on?
Good question.
Killing spells are unaffected, but spells meant to affect something like the exterior (idk if that'll be the name) only will most likely have unpredictable side effects or a more powerful effect

Huh.

Good question.
Killing spells are unaffected, but spells meant to effect something like the exterior (idk if that'll be the name) only will most likely have unpredictable side effects or a more powerful effect
Problem: The appearance of a soul can't be changed in my lore (assuming that's what you're talking about)
Also just in case it hasn't been obvious, I'm probably not gonna be okay with someone else doing things like this because of the likely long-term effects that'd cause, which I'm never a fan of.

Problem: The appearance of a soul can't be changed in my lore (assuming that's what you're talking about)
Also just in case it hasn't been obvious, I'm probably not gonna be okay with someone else doing things like this because of the likely long-term effects that'd cause, which I'm never a fan of.
Eh. Fair enough.
I haven't decided much about it, but it'd probably be very dangerous anyway.

...But would it be as dangerous as the two magic types I have that affect souls directly? (Especially Darksoul magic, considering... well...)

...But would it be as dangerous as the two magic types I have that affect souls directly? (Especially Darksoul magic, considering... well...)
Most likely.
I'd have to decide what the parts of the soul does to have a starting point for what the soul spells would do, but yeah.

One of the simpler ones would just be soul removal. Which most likely is fatal in your lore, I'm guessing?
Idk, I'll probably rewrite this to be less op in nature.

Most likely.
I'd have to decide what the parts of the soul does to have a starting point for what the soul spells would do, but yeah.

One of the simpler ones would just be soul removal. Which most likely is fatal in your lore, I'm guessing?
Idk, I'll probably rewrite this to be less op in nature.
Yes, removing or destroying someone's soul is in fact fatal. And if someone somehow survives then Yveltal would make sure they wouldn't last long...

Yes, removing or destroying someone's soul is in fact fatal. And if someone somehow survives then Yveltal would make sure they wouldn't last long...
Mmkay.

Also, alternatively, I could have some soul spells be straight up incompatible with unusual souls, thus having no effect whatsoever.

Alrightie.
Soul magic isn't exactly going to be very prominent amongst my characters anyway.

Military grade magic is a tightly kept secret for a reason.
But still. There's a reason only one of my characters has Void (and Darksoul) Magic, and I don't plan on using them often at all.

Back
Top Bottom