Single Thread RP The Last ROLEPLAY Post Wins

A low rumble can be heard as Father Garundel slowly walks outside, a huge greatsword lowered at his side, the ground shaking slightly.

There are dried tears under his eyes.

"You had better be here for a good reason."

His voice is hoarse and tired...
"...Eedelb."
The bee person, Mr. Eedelb, nods without batting Draucon an eye.
"..."
"I take it you all have noticed the gigantic spaceship in the sky, first of all?"

"...What about it."

"Draucon."
Draucon glares at Luis...before shrugging, deciding to lower his axe a bit, as Luis has his wings lowered to by his side.

"...I'll assume that's a yes."
"Why do you speak with us now?"
"..Simple."
"That ship recently sent a platoon of soldiers down not too long ago. Evidently, with the intent to wipe us out. And somehow, I doubt you people are working with such machinery."

"...we aren't."
"...Then we share an enemy, do we not?"

"...Eedelb."
The bee person, Mr. Eedelb, nods without batting Draucon an eye.
"..."
"I take it you all have noticed the gigantic spaceship in the sky, first of all?"

"...What about it."
"Draucon."
Draucon glares at Luis...before shrugging, deciding to lower his axe a bit, as Luis has his wings lowered to by his side.

"...I'll assume that's a yes."
"Why do you speak with us now?"
"..Simple."
"That ship recently sent a platoon of soldiers down not too long ago. Evidently, with the intent to wipe us out. And somehow, I doubt you people are working with such machinery."

"...we aren't."
"...Then we share an enemy, do we not?"
At the mention of the ship and an attack, Garundel's grip tightens significantly.

"Fluxxation.."

He quietly clears his throat, still hoarse, but more audible now.

"A platoon would have wiped you out. I think whatever force you're describing was little more than a probing based on interest.. you don't have any idea who the hell you're dealing with.."

At the mention of the ship and an attack, Garundel's grip tightens significantly.

"Fluxxation.."

He quietly clears his throat, still hoarse, but more audible now.

"A platoon would have wiped you out. I think whatever force you're describing was little more than a probing based on interest.. you don't have any idea who the hell you're dealing with.."
"...correct. We do not."
"Frankly, if I thought we could take them on, I would not waste my time with enemies to Daybreak such as you people."
"Our certain star alone struggled to deal with their leader. I do not want to think of what kind of mad abilities the commander of the ship has."

Draucon is visibly seething. Luis attempts to soothe him by patting him on the back as he walks closer, before looking at Eedelb again.
"...I'm guessing that means you wish to work with us?"
Eedelb stares at Luis for a bit, before grunting a bit, evidently annoyed, judging from him pressing his fingers to where the bridge of his nose would've been had he actually had a human nose.
"...Yes."

Dark feels around for the engineer.
Well, strictly speaking, they're in a corridor with entrances to crew quarters. Anyway, Eeva would walk over to one of the doors, which would be soon after opened by an axolotl. (And this is the smallest of the crew, being around the smaller end of average avali sizes.)

"...correct. We do not."
"Frankly, if I thought we could take them on, I would not waste my time with enemies to Daybreak such as you people."
"Our certain star alone struggled to deal with their leader. I do not want to think of what kind of mad abilities the commander of the ship has."

Draucon is visibly seething. Luis attempts to soothe him by patting him on the back as he walks closer, before looking at Eedelb again.
Eedelb stares at Luis for a bit, before grunting a bit, evidently annoyed, judging from him pressing his fingers to where the bridge of his nose would've been had he actually had a human nose.
"...Yes."
"And if this is to be a... military deal, then what would the conditions of it be?"

Pheonix Introduction:
-------------------------
Well, strictly speaking, they're in a corridor with entrances to crew quarters. Anyway, Eeva would walk over to one of the doors, which would be soon after opened by an axolotl. (And this is the smallest of the crew, being around the smaller end of average avali sizes.)
Dark looks down at the axolotl after having followed Eeva, barely making a sound.
"...you're the engineer?"

Base Clearing: Daybreak Negotiations
"And if this is to be a... military deal, then what would the conditions of it be?"
"...We do not fight, for one."
"Much as we want you all dead and out of the picture, we also have proceedings to carry out here that the forces in the spaceship above would stop us from doing if we were to act alone against them."

"Because you guys would be dead."
"Obviously."

"...correct. We do not."

"...Yes."
"and what the :red: have you got to offer besides an army of apparent live museum artifacts and a pollinator?"

He still hasn't lowered his gun.

Father Garundel continues on with his description of Fluxxation.

"He could level this entire planet several times over with the arsenal aboard that ship, and he could do it right now if he wanted to. We'd be powerless to stop it, and the only thing stopping him from doing it is because he likes to watch us squirm."

"...We do not fight, for one."
"Much as we want you all dead and out of the picture, we also have proceedings to carry out here that the forces in the spaceship above would stop us from doing if we were to act alone against them."

"Because you guys would be dead."
"Obviously."
"Hmm.."

"He loves to make deals to bolster his own forces and mess with those he's preying on.. so how the hell do we know you aren't in league with him?"

"Have you any proof?"

"and what the :red:have you got to offer besides an army of apparent live museum artifacts and a pollinator?"

He still hasn't lowered his gun.
Random Raptor: "Magic powerful enough to make mountains tremble, for one."

Father Garundel continues on with his description of Fluxxation.

"He could level this entire planet several times over with the arsenal aboard that ship, and he could do it right now if he wanted to. We'd be powerless to stop it, and the only thing stopping him from doing it is because he likes to watch us squirm."
"...interesting."

"Hmm.."

"He loves to make deals to bolster his own forces and mess with those he's preying on.. so how the hell do we know you aren't in league with him?"

"Have you any proof?"
"..."
"Does this Fluxxation regularly come down to make deals with certain groups?"
"Because I can tell you right now, we lack the ability to achieve space travel to get up to the ship ourselves."
"Luis and Draucon should know; we'd be using our own warship to lay waste to you all right now otherwise."

Luis, eyes narrowed at Eedelb, nods, as Draucon takes a step back to cool off, huffing.

Luis then looks between Eedelb and Father Garundel.
"...and what exactly could Fluxxation give Daybreak in return?"
"Aren't they going to kill us all anyway if we don't stop him?"

Pheonix Introduction:
"..I'm Dark. You?"

Random Raptor: "Magic powerful enough to make mountains tremble, for one."
Jack then attempts to shoot the raptor several times.
"...interesting."

"..."
"Does this Fluxxation regularly come down to make deals with certain groups?"
"I wouldn't put it past him.."
"Because I can tell you right now, we lack the ability to achieve space travel to get up to the ship ourselves."
"Luis and Draucon should know; we'd be using our own warship to lay waste to you all right now otherwise."

Luis, eyes narrowed at Eedelb, nods, as Draucon takes a step back to cool off, huffing.

Luis then looks between Eedelb and Father Garundel.
"...and what exactly could Fluxxation give Daybreak in return?"
"Aren't they going to kill us all anyway if we don't stop him?"
"Do you really think he cares about one planet?"

"He can probably kill them with complete ease.. its us he's worried about. I've witnessed him smooth-talk his way into getting several allies before, and then leaving them alone to fend for themselves if his plans still work out."

"If anything.. has he not proven himself to be.. brutally honest?"

"Xylith's attack.. and Mina.. a.. "weapon I could never kill".."

Jack then attempts to shoot the raptor several times.
And it works, with them flopping on the floor, dead.
The other raptor draws their gun-
"Wait."
The pterodactyl glares at them.

"I wouldn't put it past him.."

"Do you really think he cares about one planet?"

"He can probably kill them with complete ease.. its us he's worried about. I've witnessed him smooth-talk his way into getting several allies before, and then leaving them alone to fend for themselves if his plans still work out."

"If anything.. has he not proven himself to be.. brutally honest?"

"Xylith's attack.. and Mina.. a.. "weapon I could never kill".."
"..."
Eedelb looks at the dead raptor, and then back at the group.
"One: I trust your friend will not be so brash moving forward."
"Two: ...we do not intent to trick you people at all. I do not ask you shelter with us. If you want, we can just keep...what remains of this platoon here to serve as intermediary between our two groups."
"And if we were really allied with this ridiculous machine, we would already be working together with our combined might to crush you two. Seeing as directly moving to kill you all would be our only other option to deal with you, if not trickery."

Draucon and Luis, after a moment of silence, speak.
"Daybreak may be evil, but their people are people of their word..."
"..."
"
Much as I hate to say it, Luis isn't wrong."

And it works, with them flopping on the floor, dead.
The other raptor draws their gun-
"Wait."
The pterodactyl glares at them.
"Well damn."

"I thought those mountain leveling abilities might help a little."

He laughs before going back to tinkering with BT, turning his back on the group.

"..."
Eedelb looks at the dead raptor, and then back at the group.
"One: I trust your friend will not be so brash moving forward."
Jack flips them off before continuing to work on BT.
"Two: ...we do not intent to trick you people at all. I do not ask you shelter with us. If you want, we can just keep...what remains of this platoon here to serve as intermediary between our two groups."
"And if we were really allied with this ridiculous machine, we would already be working together with our combined might to crush you two. Seeing as directly moving to kill you all would be our only other option to deal with you, if not trickery."

Draucon and Luis, after a moment of silence, speak.
"Daybreak may be evil, but their people are people of their word..."
"..."
"
Much as I hate to say it, Luis isn't wrong."
Father Garundel also "looks" over at Jack, smirking a bit at his sass. He then looks somber again as he turns to face Eedelb.

"I do suppose you have a point in the killing part.."

"Whatever you decide Dark, Luis, and Draucon... I don't know this.. Daybreak.. anything like you two do.."

"Just.. think about who we're dealing with.. and please put some thought into it."

He slowly walks back towards the cabin, his greatsword fading into ash as he does this.

He slowly sits back down once inside, sighing.

Back
Top Bottom