The Legend of Zelda - General Thread

Cerikeno Drananoki

Steampunker
It's the Legend of Zelda, and it's really rad--
.. Nah, not singing that song. It's really bad.

I figured we ought to have a general topic for the Legend of Zelda series. Chances are, you've already heard of this. Might be your favorite game series!

- LINKS (to the past)-
Hyrule Warriors Thread

Honestly, I don't think I've beaten any of the LOZ games but Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks.

Last edited:
I've mostly been restricted to the gbc and gba titles.
I've beaten:
Oracle of Seasons
Oracle of Ages
Minish Cap

I've played:
Links Awakening
A Link to the Past & 4 Swords

This is probably my favorite game series XD

Played and beat them all until the gamecube titles. Nintendo 64 was my last Nintendo console, so haven't tried any of the games after that. While Zelda II was the hardest, Ocarina was the best made of the bunch, though A Link To The Past will always remain my personal favourite. The original was one of the first video games I ever owned.

...Well, that came out straight-to-the-point and dull. :/

I love Zelda games (if you couldn't tell from my avatar) Ive always enjoyed games where you can explore the world and go on an epic quest, so I guess thats also why I love Terraria so much.
Ive beaten:
Twilight Princess
Spirit Tracks
Skyward Sword
Ocarina of Time 3D
Majora's Mask
Wind Waker HD
A Link Between worlds
And I just bought Hyrule Warriors the other day

One thing that really bugs me about the LoZ fan base is that so many people hate on Twilight Princess and Wind Waker. People saw Wind Waker and complained that it looked too 'kiddy' and then they saw Twilight Princess and complained it looked to 'realistic' and that really annoys me.
They're both great games with different art styles, but unfortunately they are the two games which I'd say get the most hate, when really, they were some of the best.

One thing that really bugs me about the LoZ fan base is that so many people hate on Twilight Princess and Wind Waker. People saw Wind Waker and complained that it looked too 'kiddy' and then they saw Twilight Princess and complained it looked to 'realistic' and that really annoys me.
They're both great games with different art styles, but unfortunately they are the two games which I'd say get the most hate, when really, they were some of the best.

What? No way. I'm sure everyone treats Windwaker as one of the best Zelda games. Maybe it's just the speedrunning community that I've only heard from?

I've never heard anyone bashing twilight princess but I've heard some bad and some great opinions on Windwaker.

I've played and beaten nearly every Zelda to date. The ones I haven't beaten are every single CD-I zelda game, Spirit Tracks, Skyward Sword, and The Adventure of Link. My personal three favorite games in the series are Wind Waker, Majora's Mask and A Link Between Worlds. I sadly won't play Hyrule Warriors for awhile, December at the earliest, and I look forward to it.

I'm only missing two titles in the series, and they're Four Swords and Four Swords Adventures.
I like every title in the series except for two

I freaking love Majora's Mask. One of my all time favourite games if not my all time favourite. I could go on and on, gushing about this game for hours if given the chance. I want there to be a 3DS remake soooooo bad.

I dislike Skyward Sword. Worst Zelda game by far, although it's not a bad game. The main problem is the combination of the flying mechanic and only having a few spots to fall down to, basically making the flying mechanic worse than what it should be.

Every other Zelda game doesn't have anything else that's special to me or that I terribly dislike about it, but it is definitely a great series with great stories and great mechanics. They're all around great games and I look forward to the new Zelda coming out in 2015.

So, go beat A Link to the Past, it's great! Or Minish Cap, if you liked the cute style of Spirit Tracks and Phantom Hourglass, it's a beautiful art!

I really dislike Ocarina of Time, what is so interesting about it? I hated the combat system, and the puzzles are pretty boring.

LoZ-Memes-the-legend-of-zelda-33406876-576-325-1.jpg

Im saving for Wii U to get Hyrule Warriors... I mean my first reaction... BAM BAM BAM YOU DONT STAND A CHANCE AGAINST MY HAND HAIR THINGY... that was only for midna

Tomorrow I plan on starting up Skyward Sword again and hopefully beating it.
Then I can take it off the list of not beaten Zeldas where it does not belong.

Tomorrow I plan on starting up Skyward Sword again and hopefully beating it.
Then I can take it off the list of not beaten Zeldas where it does not belong.
Im currently trying to beat it on hero mode
Still a better love story than twilight princess
((Note: twilight princess is good))

The Legend of Zelda is really rad.

I've beaten (In no particular order):

Ocarina of Time/3D
Link's Awakening DX
The Oracle Series (Both linked stories)
Twilight Princess
A Link Between Worlds
Four Swords (If it even counts)
90% of A Link to the Past

I also started Skyward Sword and got pretty far in it, but I just... don't like it that much.

On top of Skyward Sword, I have also been replaying Minish Cap, and Wind Waker HD. I can't believe I forgot Minish Cap when I mentioned favorite Zelda games. Vaati was my avatar back on TO for a vast majority of the time I was active on that site.

Hmm... Let's see...
I've beaten OoT on 3DS and am almost done with Master Quest...
I've played every one except Oracle of Seasons/Ages, the real Four Swords (I have the free anniversary edition thing), and Link Between Worlds. This isn't counting spinoffs like Hyrule Warriors (which I also haven't played).
Also pretty much all the ones I have played are ports, emulators, or re-releases. I wasn't alive early enough to play anything earlier than Twilight Princess in its original format.
My favorite would be TP by a long shot, and then OoT in a semi-close second.

Back
Top Bottom