PC The master of animals is here.

Animaster

Terrarian
Hi, I'm relatively new to Terraria(been playing since after Christmas). I mostly joined since I'm kinda terrible at fighting and will probably need a good amount of help with the Mechanical Bosses. Like seriously, I'm really gosh darned awful at this whole "not taking damage" thing. The pre-Hardmode bosses are easy enough, though.

Hi and welcome. Don't worry too much about not taking damage. Just be sure you don't take too much of it and you'll do great.

As a not-especially-good player, more than half of my most satisfying boss-fight wins have been those in which I barely escaped being extinguished, yet managed to finish off the boss — deliver the coup de grace, quaff a potion, or maneuver my player-character just in time to pull out a narrow victory.

Scary, but satisfying.

Thanks. Most of the time, it's really just that I need to adjust the arena I've made(like making the Twins' arena longer so I could outrun their attacks for longer) or making sure I heal up when I can so I don't run out of HP before they do. Thankfully, I have the Shadowflame Knife and Frost Armor(and a Magma Stone) to help deal damage faster.

So far, I've only beaten The Destroyer, so I've still got the other two bosses to deal with. Oddly, while I have yet to beat him, Skeletron Prime isn't nearly as horrible as I thought. But I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. Right now, I'm gonna focus on The Twins.

Thanks again. My logic is that if at first you don't succeed, change a few things and try again. Now to reforge a couple of my accessories for some extra defense. I think that'll help. Well, that and a bit more battlefield to work with.

I made a special arena for Skeletron Prime. I used platforms every like fourth block or so up so I can jump up through the platforms or down through them so I can have more mobility fighting Prime. (Cannon shots go through platforms so all you gotta do is dodge :D) I also had heart statues with pressure plates every fifth line of platforms or so, so I could heal. I also used a campfire and heart lanterns. Cannons on the ground are optional, but it really aided me. Another key factor is the constant DPS from the nimbus rod. Nearly every Terrarian can attest to the power of the nimbus rod's DPS. Potions are up to you. (I don't know if you've heard or seen this, but there is a site with strategies. I've used it with nearly every boss.) Hope that helps!
http://terraria.wiki.gg/Guide:Skeletron_Prime_strategies

Back
Top Bottom