Mobile The "Old" way to grapple by swiping the screen on 1.3?

MissingLink

Terrarian
heyo I have a suggestion about the grapple button and grappling hooks for mobile 1.3.
  1. first is that, the graple button is too small and useless(annoying if not). since it's mobile the touch controls really depends on the size of the button if we are talking about precision, but grappling hooks are kinda static and it's not like yoyo that can change the direction mid-air.
  2. next is, how about to disable individual buttons? of course a way to disable a certain buttons right?(like grapple button ) instead of grouped or clustered.
  3. and lastly, The "Old" way of using grappling hooks on mobile terraria 1.2 by swiping the center of the screen fast, I recommend this feature to be reused on controls for mobile 1.3 because I believe that is convenient
that's my feedback for the current terraria mobile 1.3 and also good day

Last edited:
As the title suggests, a legacy control to quickly grapple on a certain direction in mobile.

The characteristics of the quick grapple is that you don't need to start dragging at the player position and dragging the screen fast is not needed, one can draw a line originating near/or from the player characters position but doesn't need to be at the very center and still cast the grappling hook there

last year i made a post about a quick grapple feature for the new terraria it's this from the old terraria version where you can quickly drag the screen to summon the grapple quickly. the post should be self explanatory and i hope this gets attention

Hi there @MissingLink I combined your five threads (about Mobile’s old way of grappling) into one thread to keep things organized. We discourage duplicate threads (even if they are in different sections). :)

I'm not a fan of the old grappling system tbh, I kept accidentally grappling because of my giant fingers slipping on the screen, I prefer the new one with the joystick since the chance of accidentally firing it is much lower

Back
Top Bottom