Mobile The Path Ahead: Major News Updates for Console & Mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm surprised that the wii U can't handle 1.3 cause it came out in 2011 I think ? And I thought it had enough ram

Wii U is not a "high-end" console like the PS4 and Xbox One. While it may have released only a few years ago, it's closer to the last gen consoles (with slight improvements) in terms of power. Nintendo always does this, they focus on making their consoles more "unique" by adding original hardware (like in this case, amiibo detecting remote) as opposed to fitting it out for processing power and storage. It's why the Wii couldn't really go further above PS2/Xbox in terms of power although it was released as a 7th generation console. The last "powerhouse" console they made for its time was the Gamecube.

Wii U is not a "high-end" console like the PS4 and Xbox One. While it may have released only a few years ago, it's closer to the last gen consoles (with slight improvements) in terms of power. Nintendo always does this, they focus on making their consoles more "unique" by adding original hardware (like in this case, amiibo detecting remote) as opposed to fitting it out for processing power and storage. It's why the Wii couldn't really go further above PS2/Xbox in terms of power although it was released as a 7th generation console. The last "powerhouse" console they made for its time was the Gamecube.
Yeah at least Nintendo's known for quality over quantity

I have a question sense old gen consoles such as Ps3 and xbox360 are not getting 1.3 can you at least make small little updates like being able to chat on terraria or at least add half of the 1.3 update not major things if you agree then thanks this is just my opinion alrighty.

I have a question sense old gen consoles such as Ps3 and xbox360 are not getting 1.3 can you at least make small little updates like being able to chat on terraria or at least add half of the 1.3 update not major things if you agree then thanks this is just my opinion alrighty.
I agree or even some special exclusive on each one so it is unique.

Yeah at least Nintendo's known for quality over quantity

Gamewise, yes. They have some of the best exclusives on the market, like Legend of Zelda, Xenoblade Chronicles, and Animal Crossing.
The consoles themselves, I can't agree as much. It is based on opinion, and I know that, but to me, the last two Nintendo consoles have sacrificed power for pointless peripherals that add nothing to the gaming experience, and the consoles seem to become outdated much quicker. The requirement for the motion sensing nunchuck almost completely killed Skyward Sword for me. In the end, it's all up to personal opinion and what individuals prefer from their platforms, though.

I asked this on Facebook and you said to look at the forums but couldn't find the answer... So what devices will it not be coming out on because it said there will be older devices that don't have enough ram, I have an iPhone 4S will it handle it?

When this update comes out will it have the minimap like pc? I saw it on the comparison... if so then...... YAYY!!!!!!:D:dryadgrin::merchanthappy::nursesmile:~:passionate:`:D :redmunch:Maybe.... im expecting Red to say that......or not....

I asked this on Facebook and you said to look at the forums but couldn't find the answer... So what devices will it not be coming out on because it said there will be older devices that don't have enough ram, I have an iPhone 4S will it handle it?
If your mobile device has 1GB of RAM you should be fine. From what I can find the 4S has 512MB, so you're probably not going to be able to run 1.3.

When this update comes out will it have the minimap like pc? I saw it on the comparison... if so then...... YAYY!!!!!!:D:dryadgrin::merchanthappy::nursesmile:~:passionate:`:D :redmunch:Maybe.... im expecting Red to say that......or not....
I don't think Red has anything to do with the console versions of Terraria. I don't think he even works on the PC version anymore, having switched over to Terraria: Otherworld.

From the teaser posted it looks like Pipeworks is trying to have complete feature parity between console and PC with 1.3 so we should be seeing a minimap.

If your mobile device has 1GB of RAM you should be fine. From what I can find the 4S has 512MB, so you're probably not going to be able to run 1.3.

I don't think Red has anything to do with the console versions of Terraria. I don't think he even works on the PC version anymore, having switched over to Terraria: Otherworld.

From the teaser posted it looks like Pipeworks is trying to have complete feature parity between console and PC with 1.3 so we should be seeing a minimap.
ugh cuz im really super hyped! but you said "probably" so its not certain. :D

ugh cuz im really super hyped! but you said "probably" so its not certain. :D
I say probably because I'm not an official source, so I don't want to come across as an authority on the subject. There have been enough posts though that all have the consensus that 1GB of RAM is not a suggestion, it's a requirement. Don't hold out hope for this, I think you will be very disappointed.

I say probably because I'm not an official source, so I don't want to come across as an authority on the subject. There have been enough posts though that all have the consensus that 1GB of RAM is not a suggestion, it's a requirement. Don't hold out hope for this, I think you will be very disappointed.
1GB is the current requirement. It will likely go up when 1.3 hits.

while my phone wont be able to handle the 1.3 update (D:) i would like to point out in monile, maybe console (i dont have console) the harpy mob is spelled correctly but the giant harpy feather is spelled "Harpey", just letting you know, i dont think its big enough to be qualified as a glitch, is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom