Items The pink pearl needs to be less rare

Keiyt

Official Terrarian
Pink pearls are EXTREMELY rare. I've fished for way more than I'm willing to admit, and opened a ton of oysters. I've only ever gotten TWO pink pearls. They are absurdly hard to get, and I think they should be just a tad less rare. I think it should still be a rare item, but also slightly easier to obtain (especially cuz I use pearls for potions).

My suggestion is to raise it's drop chance from 1.33% (it's current one) to something like 1.5%

I could be wrong, but I believe that gnomes and torch luck should increase your odds of getting a Pink Pearl. Either way, I still agree that they are far too rare for their own good. Especially with the method of acquiring them being fishing, which is already a rather time consuming process.

I could be wrong, but I believe that gnomes and torch luck should increase your odds of getting a Pink Pearl. Either way, I still agree that they are far too rare for their own good. Especially with the method of acquiring them being fishing, which is already a rather time consuming process.
I have no idea if they actually do
I always use a gnome, but it doesn't seem to really help

I actually don’t think they’re that hard to get. With a high enough fishing power (75+) you can get enough oysters for a Pink Pearl in about 30 mins. This video explains the optimal set up really well:

Increasing the drop chance wouldn’t be a bad thing but I don’t think it’s really necessary.

Luck has no effect on getting something from items such as crates, oysters, treasure bags, etc.

Pink Pearl isn't necessarily used for the Greater Luck Potion, as it can be thrown into a pool of shimmer to create the Galaxy Pearl, which permanently increases the user's luck stat by 0.03 points, and therefore slightly increases the drop chance for items. Greater Luck Potion does the same thing, but with a greater luck increase (0.3 points to be exact, therefore it is 10x stronger than the Galaxy Pearl), but has a time limit of 15 minutes, with the strength of the luck effect decreasing by 0.1 points every 5 minutes. Overall, it's a fairly useful potion that's undermined by the quite rare drop chance.

I actually don’t think they’re that hard to get. With a high enough fishing power (75+) you can get enough oysters for a Pink Pearl in about 30 mins. This video explains the optimal set up really well:

Increasing the drop chance wouldn’t be a bad thing but I don’t think it’s really necessary.
Oh nice, Terrasteel
I'll give it a watch later, but I respect your opinion

Last edited:
For a Galactic Pearl, it's actually really not that rare (after all, the increase in luck, albeit small, is eternal), but for potion production, the chance is really small.

Fished up over 200 oysters with gnome and even a few luck potions - from black and white pearls - still no Pink Pearl.

I think I got RSI though.

On my most recent hardcore run I decided to go for all permanent upgrades after finding a lucky golden worm. Getting the galaxy pearl took AGES as it took me 335 oysters to get, despite the 1 in 75 drop chance. I even got both a sandstorm in a bottle (from the oasis crates, and I had already crafted one) and an enchanted sword (after I already fished for a long time to get one).

Back
Top Bottom