Items The power to control honey and lava as well as water.

>>Terrarian<<

Solar Pillar
Hi, guys My suggestion basically deals with:

- A new Bottomless Honey bucket;
index.php

- A new honey absorbant sponge;
index.php

- A new Bottomless Lava bucket;
index.php

- A new Lava absorbant sponge;
index.php

-The name of the Super absorbant sponge will be changed to Water absorbant sponge and will have a new sprite;
index.php

- A new junction of all bottomless buckets and super absorbent sponges called Liquid Manipulator.
index.php

So my reason for making this suggestion is because I do not think it makes any sense that an endgame player can not control the other two liquids, and to conclude I also want to suggest that there is a way to make a "junction" of the six items which could in the future perhaps be included in the game by making some sort of item that controls all three liquids.
I decided not to do sprites because they give a lot of work.

Thank you very much for your attention, and please comment.

Thanks for @Huzbubber Tim who made these sprites for me.

Last edited:
How do you get them

well, maybe some recipe that needs buckets in its composition and lava/honey as well.

this to the endless buckets of lava and honey
[doublepost=1533576358,1533575869][/doublepost]and for the super absorbent lava and honey sponge the recipe would be: 1 super absorbent sponge + 1 lava / honey bucket = super absorbent lava / honey sponge. and using the crystal ball as work station

well, maybe some recipe that needs buckets in its composition and lava/honey as well.

this to the endless buckets of lava and honey
[doublepost=1533576358,1533575869][/doublepost]and for the super absorbent lava and honey sponge the recipe would be: 1 super absorbent sponge + 1 lava / honey bucket = super absorbent lava / honey sponge. and using the crystal ball as work station
That's a lot of angler quests

I think that you should be able to switch them using honey & lava droppers. Droppers are currently sold by the wizard and only used for placing drips on blocks. Maybe crafting with these allows you to make an endless bucket for any liquid, and can be switched back to water at any time with a water dropper. The sponge should simply just be able to absorb any liquid placed on it, as well.

but it does not mean that it is illegal to download terraria maps.
[doublepost=1533674652,1533674610][/doublepost]or TEdit
[doublepost=1533674757][/doublepost]well, it really is annoying to have to do a lot of quests to get these items.
[doublepost=1533674895][/doublepost]but then what is (or would be) the solution to make those items not so difficult to obtain?

but then what is (or would be) the solution to make those items not so difficult to obtain?

I think that you should be able to switch them using honey & lava droppers. Droppers are currently sold by the wizard and only used for placing drips on blocks. Maybe crafting with these allows you to make an endless bucket for any liquid, and can be switched back to water at any time with a water dropper. The sponge should simply just be able to absorb any liquid placed on it, as well.

no ... this certainly should not be the solution.

What's wrong with it? As far as I can tell, being able to turn the water bucket into a honey/lava bucket and back again is a simple solution, much better than getting 3 seperate endless buckets for all 3 liquids. Also, I don't see anything wrong with the sponge removing all liquids at once, it's pretty hard to accidentally remove a liquid you don't want to remove, considering liquids making contact divide them anyway, creating obsidian, honey block etc.

I don't think the devs want to add something you can only get after hours upon hours of fishing, or by cheating in a few items via item world.

PS; if you have any details you have clarified in the comments, consider updating the main post so newcomers do not have to read every single comment to understand what you are trying to suggest.

Last edited:
As far as I can tell, being able to turn the water bucket into a honey/lava bucket and back again is a simple solution, much better than getting 3 seperate endless buckets for all 3 liquids.
Even better, make it into an ultimate liquid-creation tool just like the Grand Design, toggling between the three with a right-click.

In terms of gameplay, I have no complaints about the sponge soaking up any type of liquid. But I can imagine how people would object to the idea of a sponge absorbing red-hot lava. I can't think of any logical way to make that work, except by upgrading the sponge into a sort of "sponge norris" that's powerful enough to disobey logic.

Even better, make it into an ultimate liquid-creation tool just like the Grand Design, toggling between the three with a right-click.

In terms of gameplay, I have no complaints about the sponge soaking up any type of liquid. But I can imagine how people would object to the idea of a sponge absorbing red-hot lava. I can't think of any logical way to make that work, except by upgrading the sponge into a sort of "sponge norris" that's powerful enough to disobey logic.

Considering that the sponge can absorb an infinite amount of water, it's not that much of a leap in logic, maybe rename it to "enchanted sponge" or something. In any case, the ability to toggle between liquids seems like a good idea, but I have no idea how that would work. Are you saying that it would be like a "left click to use, right click to toggle" sort of thing?

that's exactly what I meant when I wrote the thread. read it again
[doublepost=1533769070,1533768847][/doublepost]
Hi, guys My suggestion basically deals with:

- A new Bottomless Honey bucket;

- A new honey absorbant sponge;

- A new Bottomless Lava bucket and

- A new Lava absorbant sponge.

So my reason for making this suggestion is because I do not think it makes any sense that an endgame player can not control the other two liquids, and to conclude I also want to suggest that there is a way to make a "junction" of the six items which could in the future perhaps be included in the game by making some sort of item that controls all three liquids.
I decided not to do sprites because they give a lot of work.

Thank you very much for your attention, and please comment.

(the six items mean the existing ones added to those of my suggestion.)

[doublepost=1533769070,1533768847][/doublepost]

(the six items mean the existing ones added to those of my suggestion.)

I'm confused. Do you have any sort of idea as to how you would be able to obtain any of these? apart from what you want, there has been little explanation to how you obtain these besides grinding/cheating.

I think I feel too tired to explain so many details in every suggestion of mine, that is, I just want to kick start and leave the rest of the work to the developers.
This is serious. even though I'm getting off topic.

You have suggested a single way to obtain 3 items, with no explaination to how they work, are balanced, and why they should be added besides "You should be able to control these by now." The chances of a suggestion being accepted widely rely on the enthusiasm and time put in by the original poster, as well as the people in the comments. As it currently stands, this suggestion is very bare in terms of details, and leaving it up to the devs is not really the way to go.

Back
Top Bottom