Sprites The Princess

How often should the Princess give quests?

• Total voters

Trash Boat

Retinazer
Ok, so be sure to know beforehand this would be my first suggestion. also, note that i'm not very good at spriting and am not sure how to post anything made on paint any bigger than it is. some help on that front would be appreciated.

The Princess

upload_2016-12-29_9-29-3.png
Requirements: one unoccupied housing, have defeated WoF (i.e. post-hardmode) have rescued from Dungeon Jail

Description: The Princess is a post hardmode NPC that must be rescued from a special room in the dungeon. this room will have four cells, and when hardmode starts, the princess will spawn in one of them. the room she spawns in will have a locked door, that can only be unlocked with a Cell Key, which will be a drop from the Paladin. Also note that in this room The Paladin has a higher chance of spawning. she attacks hostile NPCs via a Golden Scepter.

Function: Once every in-game day (or possibly three, I haven't decided), she will give you a quest to slay a biome-themed miniboss. these will usually be harder than most minibosses, but not nearly as hard as a boss. They will only spawn when there related quest is active, and all of these bosses will have one 100% drop: there trophy. this trophy can then be exchanged to the princess for an item (usually a weapon or accessory related to the miniboss). this quest system will be around the same as the Anglers, with the exception of the item required being a drop.

Minibosses:

Sawfish
upload_2016-12-29_10-10-6.png

Max Life: 3,800/7,600
Damage:80/110 (melee)
130/200 (charge)
Drops: 8-12 gold (100%), Sawfish Trophy (100%)
Description: The Sawfish, like all of the other quest minibosses, will have a 20% chance of spawning upon reaching its respective biome (for the Sawfish, that would be the ocean). it has only one attack pattern. it will move into aim of the player, and rapidly dash. if it dashes to the surface, it will jump out and dive back in, doing another dash. upon dashing, it will leave a trail of bubbles. these are harmless, and are purely for aesthetic.
Reward: Chainsard

upload_2016-12-29_10-53-2.png
Damage: 60 (Melee)
Use time: 20 (Fast)
Autofire: Yes
Rarity: Lime

Description: the Chainsard fires three spinning, water-like projectiles upon swinging. they do not pass through enemies, and do 40 damage a piece. the projectiles can also home in on nearby enemies, making this a viable weapon for post-plantera up to the Lunar Events.

Biominer

UndergroundMinibosswithReward.png
Max Life: 5,200/10,400
Damage: 90/130 (Ranged)
150/220 (Melee)
Drops: 8-12 gold (100%), Biominer Trophy (100%)
Description: The Biominer has a 20% chance to spawn upon reaching the Underground Layer. It has an AI extremely similar to the Paladins, in that they use a ranged attack (firing Ballistic Drills) that passes through blocks at long range, while trying to walk into the player to do melee damage when close. The Biominer's appearance and name are reference to the Big Daddys from Bioshock.
Reward: Security Control

UgMBreward.png
Damage: 23 (Summon)
Use Time: 30 (Average)
Autofire: No
Rarity: Lime

Description: Security Control is a Summon Weapon, and a reward from the Princess in exchange for a Biominer Trophy. It summons a security drone that follows you and fires rapidly at enemies. the security drone also a reference to Bioshock, as it looks and acts similar the the security robots within it.

so thats it for now, will be adding the other minibosses soon enough. please, give whatever constructive feedback you feel necessary, and thank you for reading, this took about an hour.

Last edited:
The Chainsard should have homing projectiles and should do more damage because 25 damage in Hardmode isn't very much as most bosses and enemies have more then 25 defense. But if the Chainsard is meant to just be a placeholder, I guess, until you get a better weapon then it is good.

The Chainsard should have homing projectiles and should do more damage because 25 damage in Hardmode isn't very much as most bosses and enemies have more then 25 defense. But if the Chainsard is meant to just be a placeholder, I guess, until you get a better weapon then it is good.
i can see were your coming from, it would be a bit underpowered. come to think of it, 45 base damage is pretty bad to. ill fix it.

Note: When the princess spawns in a dungeon jail cell, that jail cell has a lock, to save her you must defeat Plantera first!

Last edited:
Oh dear god it's been a long time since I've done these. I've redone both, actually. I'll post them once I can get to my laptop again.

Back
Top Bottom