tModLoader The Spirit Mod!

One other thing about Scarabeus I noticed- he likes to despawn during the fight. I think the reason why is because if he double jumps, he could end up so high in the air that he reaches despawn range entirely through his own action.

Question: What is everyone's favorite boss?
Well, at the moment, it's certainly not the Ancient Flyer.
I'm confused about it. Is it supposed to be post-EoC? I'm fighting him post-EoW, but it feels more like post-Skeletron, maybe even below-average early Hardmode, at least in terms of attack patterns.

The reason I say this is because the class mod I'm using gives me wings (and 10% reduced max health), but the sheer quantity of projectile spam makes them feel more like a necessity than an optional advantage. It hits like a freight train (since I'm still using the Silk armor for summoner), and summons minions with 260 HP in Expert mode and a ton of projectile spam of their own, all while the boss itself is using attacks very similar to those used by the Thorium mod's Lich boss- and he's a (very difficult!) post-Mech boss boss.

The clouds of bone feathers generated by the boss and his minions are usually so dense that you can only dodge by flying around them, but they're so big that I can't envision anyone being able to jump over them with just a cloud in a bottle and shiny red balloon. Hell, I'm not sure you could do that even with a Sandstorm in a Bottle.
The big... bone... air... slices... whatever, that he launches also seem far too big to dodge with pre-HM equipment(as when he fires them offscreen they often end up in a giant wall with no openings).

Again, it feels like dodging requires more mobility than I'm supposed to have, and apparently more than I'm not supposed to have, as even the wings don't feel like they're enough. I'm not sure what this boss is like outside of expert mode, but I don't think the fact that it's expert mode justifies throwing obstacles at the player that they cannot possibly be equipped to handle at this point in the game.

It is still in beta, though, so, I guess this is what testing is for.

Last edited:
Snip snap

I may certainly have amped things up when updating his AI. I'll make sure to tone him down, we may not have tested his new version as much as we should have, so I'll certainly take the blame for that.

Thank you for your considered and clear opinion! I'm glad you've given us all the information we need to fix him up along with your opinion.

Well, at the moment, it's certainly not the Ancient Flyer.
I'm confused about it. Is it supposed to be post-EoC? I'm fighting him post-EoW, but it feels more like post-Skeletron, maybe even below-average early Hardmode, at least in terms of attack patterns.

The reason I say this is because the class mod I'm using gives me wings (and 10% reduced max health), but the sheer quantity of projectile spam makes them feel more like a necessity than an optional advantage. It hits like a freight train (since I'm still using the Silk armor for summoner), and summons minions with 260 HP in Expert mode and a ton of projectile spam of their own, all while the boss itself is using attacks very similar to those used by the Thorium mod's Lich boss- and he's a (very difficult!) post-Mech boss boss.

The clouds of bone feathers generated by the boss and his minions are usually so dense that you can only dodge by flying around them, but they're so big that I can't envision anyone being able to jump over them with just a cloud in a bottle and shiny red balloon. Hell, I'm not sure you could do that even with a Sandstorm in a Bottle.
The big... bone... air... slices... whatever, that he launches also seem far too big to dodge with pre-HM equipment, and the blood rain or whatever it is is very fast, to the point of requiring maximum momentum with the Hermes boots, like the scarabs summoned by Scarabeus.

Again, it feels like dodging requires more mobility than I'm supposed to have, and apparently more than I'm not supposed to have, as even the wings don't feel like they're enough. I'm not sure what this boss is like outside of expert mode, but I don't think the fact that it's expert mode justifies throwing obstacles at the player that they cannot possibly be equipped to handle at this point in the game.

It is still in beta, though, so, I guess this is what testing is for.
Forgive me if I sound rude, but has anyone actually ever fought this boss at its intended tier and won before? Am I missing something, or are you all Terrarian gods incarnate?
I think he said your favorite boss
Question: What is everyone's favorite boss?
Atlas cuz them rock hard abs...literally or Illuminati Master his move sets are sparkly nice

I may certainly have amped things up when updating his AI. I'll make sure to tone him down, we may not have tested his new version as much as we should have, so I'll certainly take the blame for that.

Thank you for your considered and clear opinion! I'm glad you've given us all the information we need to fix him up along with your opinion.
Well, that's good!
I'm sorry if some of the criticisms have sounded rude. The mod seems quite cool so far, although I can't really formulate much of an opinion on it yet, as most of my experiences of it have been with rather broken bosses- and I get frustrated easily when I'm dying and I don't feel like it's because of a mistake I made.

The only other issue I might have is that the bosses seem to be missing some much-needed sound effects (and Scarabeus just vanishes when he kills you), but I assume that's just because the mod is still in beta, so that's totally fine.

If I could suggest anything, I might say to change the way Scarabeus moves. The big, short-legged scarab beetle leaping hundreds of blocks into the air to the point where he despawns himself(something even flying bosses never do in vanilla!) doesn't seem like something you'd expect such a creature to do. When he spends most of his time doing that it makes it hard to damage him, especially for my pitiful little slimes and crawlers.
He also seemed to be fond of perching himself on a living tree branch and spitting scarabs at me, and when he did that sometimes he never moved, allowing me to get an easy and cheap kill.

I think a second phase where Scarabeus stops spawning scarabs and starts to fly around slowly with his wings while shooting dust devils at you or something would be awesome(though it would of course require spritework, which is time-consuming).

Last edited:
Maybe just the Green Solution should be enough, it destroys other non forest/jungle biomes.
Graydee is talking about adding new solution that only removes the spirit biome, which is vastly ideal imo. Many others have been clamoring for that as well, as there is currently no easy way to remove spirit or trim it down.

HI,I know there is a known bug that crashes the game in spirit mod for mac. Is there any way to just remove the spirit mod from T mod? I cant use the other Tmod mods because it crashes at the loding screen.

HI,I know there is a known bug that crashes the game in spirit mod for mac. Is there any way to just remove the spirit mod from T mod? I cant use the other Tmod mods because it crashes at the loding screen.
Head over to the folder where your .tmod files are stored and delete SpiritMod.tmod.

Back
Top Bottom