• PC NEWS: 1.4.2.3 update is out! More info here. Report bugs here
  • CONSOLE 1.4 NEWS: The current plan is to have Terraria: Journey's End out for Xbox and PlayStation in Q3 2021 (Jul-Sep). Switch will follow shortly afterwards. More info here. Stay up to date with console news here
  • MOBILE NEWS: Stay up to date with the latest mobile news here. Report mobile bugs here

tModLoader The Stars Above - 'Conquer the world's evils, Starfarers at your side.' (v0.6 "Supernova" Released!)

What should be the next addition?

• More weapons

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • More bosses

Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Starfarer Active Abilities

Votes: 20 60.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PaperLuigi

The Destroyer
SupernovaTitlecardAnimated.gif

The Stars Above is a Terraria expansion mod that adds a new important game mechanic:
the Starfarer system.

Choose between either the Umbral or Astral Aspect, and unlock unique equippable abilities
within the Stellar Array, mixing and matching them to perfect your build.

With hundreds of unique dialogue lines for each Starfarer, you will become stronger side-by-side with them,
and arm yourselves for the challenges to come.

1.4 Alpha version is available on the Steam Workshop! (Please do NOT report bugs for this version)

StarsAboveSupernovaFourm.png

The Official Trailer for The Stars Above

Split.png

Starfarers.png

STARFARERS

The Stars Above's flagship feature: Meet Eridani and Asphodene, masters of Umbral and Astral respectively.
Empowered by their strength and led by their guidance, you will be able to challenge any foe Terraria has to offer.

StellarArray.png

STELLAR ARRAY

Master the Stellar Array, a powerful supplement to player growth.
With 18 powerful passive abilities separated into 3 distinct tiers, you can mix and match to become the strongest Terrarian.
It is important to balance strength with cost to create the most efficient setup.
Split.png

Asphodene's variant of Theofania Inanis
Eridani's variant of Ars Laevateinn

STELLAR NOVAS

With the release of v0.6 Supernova, unlock FIVE incredibly powerful Stellar Novas to turn the tide of battle,
and then modify and upgrade your Stellar Novas with Stellar Prisms. Stellar Novas have unique sub-abilities exclusive to each Starfarer, so find one that works for you! By defeating bosses, Stellar Novas will become stronger!

NovaPreview.png
NovaPreview2.png

StellarPrisms.png

STELLAR PRISMS

Along with Stellar Novas are Stellar Prisms; obtained from mobs (1/1000 chance) after the Vagrant of Space and Time is defeated, you can attach these crystals to your Stellar Novas to change their stats! Additionally, some rare Prisms provide powerful, unique passives for even more customization.
Split.png

Not all weapons pictured.

WEAPONS

There are a myriad of new weapons exclusive to your respective Aspect carefully made with
unique gameplay in mind. This mod embraces quality over quantity; each weapon is tailored to provide a
fresh experience, and you may recognize some of them...

*Certain weapons shown will be added at a later date, not all weapons are pictured

Split.png

BOSSES

VagrantPreview.png

THE VAGRANT OF SPACE AND TIME

Once the Wall of Flesh has been defeated, you can challenge this mysterious individual. Defeat them, and obtain the ability to cast Stellar Novas as well as unlock Stellar Prisms.
WarriorOfLight.png

THE WARRIOR OF LIGHT

At the end of your journey, The Stars Above has one last challenge for you: The Warrior of Light.
This fight will pit you against the pinnacle of heroes, testing
your strength and willpower. Boasting unique AI and never-before-seen mechanics, it will push you to your limits- and beyond.

In Expert Mode, prepare for a challenge that will bring you to your knees.

Split.png

CROSSOVER CONTENT

For enjoyers of the Calamity Mod:
Several weapons are custom-tailored to suit the post-Moon Lord endgame the Calamity Mod offers,
with more on the way.
Additionally, you can obtain a Stellar Prism that drastically buffs Stellar Novas for Calamity endgame.
These weapons will have alternative crafting recipes and damage scaled to the Calamity Mod if it is installed.

This mod has total compatibility with Boss Checklist.

EXTRA

This mod is meant to be utilized in tandem with other mods to enhance the gameplay experience.

Fully compatible with multiplayer, but there may be some desync issues.
Highly recommended to start a new playthrough. Loading previous saves may result in crashes.

This mod comprises of lots of large-scale UI elements. For best results, play with 1920x1080 resolution if possible.

Bonus: Listen to the Vagrant of Space and Time's theme!

CHANGELOG
v0.6.14 (tModLoader 1.3):
The Stellar Nova Gauge is now draggable. Fixed damage calculations on Dreamlike Charisma. Minor bugfixes. These changes will be reflected in the tModLoader 1.4 version shortly.
v0.1.2 (tModLoader 1.4):
Modified several Stellar Array passives to account for the shift to 1.4. Attempted to rectify damage buffs through DamageClass.Generic, but I'm not familiar enough to know if the fixes worked or not. Several other bugfixes.
v0.1.1 (tModLoader 1.4) and v0.6.13 (tModLoader 1.3):
Modfied several dialouges to reflect recent changes. In 1.4, fixed several issues with the Bestiary. Small bugfixes. These changes are reflected in the 1.3 version as well.
v0.1 (tModLoader 1.4):
Released for tModLoader 1.4. Many bugs are present, and will be fixed in the future.
v0.6.12:
Added Enigmatic Memories; crafted from Enigmatic Dust, these items can be used to acquire lost Essences. Added Umbral and Astral affiliation to Izanagi's Edge and both of Hawkmoon's forms.
v0.6.11:
Modified several values concerning Stellar Nova Energy generation in an attempt to balance the Stellar Novas. Please respond with any concerns you have about unbalanced Stellar Novas. Modified certain Stellar Array abilities regarding Max HP to instead use a concrete amount of HP. Again, if anything seems too strong or weak, please respond. Bug fixes.
v0.6.10:
Added Starlight; like Hearts and Mana Stars, these have a small chance to drop from defeated monsters. Collecting them grants 5 Stellar Nova Energy in combat. Removed the ability to acquire WIP items. Bugfixes.
v0.6.9:
Added dialogue to explain the need of Stellar Nova Energy to cast Stellar Novas (Was accidentally deleted in the past.) Attempted to scale position of the Stellar Nova Energy gauge to game resolution.
v0.6.8:
Re-adjusted text that appears when you pick up Stellar Prisms. Bug fixes.
v0.6.7:
Fixed Stellar Prisms spamming the user even if their inventory was full. Prepared assets to be utilized in a future patch.
v0.6.6:
Added total support for Boss Checklist. Fixed the Apocryphic Prism's description. Slightly adjusted the Mod icon. Even more bugfixes.
v0.6.5:
Added two Tier 2 Stellar Prisms: Prism of the Ruined King and Prism of the Cosmic Phoenix. They are 1/4 chance drops from the Warrior of Light. Tier 2 prisms provide drastic changes to the Stellar Nova when equipped. Fixed misattributed damage values to more weapons. Nerfed Starblight and Void Atrophy. Bugfixes.
v0.6.4:
Modified the damage type of certain projectiles. Stellar Novas now do 100 damage at minimum, even if you join a world before the Vagrant of Time and Space has been defeated. Bugfixes.
v0.6.3:
Fixed a major bug when swapping Stellar Prisms in Multiplayer mode. Fixed bugs concerning the acquision of the third Stellar Nova. Fixed minor Stellar Nova bugs. Thanks for bearing with me!
v0.6.2:
Added an indicator when trying to open the Stellar Nova UI in combat. Added hints on where to obtain other Stellar Novas. Fixed bugs concerning the Stellar Nova UI. Please post in the Forum thread if you continue to have problems accessing Stellar Novas.
v0.6.1:
Modified certain dialouge. Adjusted values for certain Stellar Novas. Added hover-text to the Calamitous Prism when slotted. Bug fixes.
v0.6.0:
Big changes:
Added Stellar Novas: incredibly powerful ultimate abilities that can be used with the Stellar Nova Gauge.
The damage of Stellar Novas are unaffected by any buffs, and scale through boss progression.
Added a new early hardmode boss, the Vagrant of Space and Time. Defeat them to unlock Stellar Novas, and also pull back
the curtain on the mystery of the Starfarers...
The Vagrant of Space and Time has an original boss theme!
Added 10 Stellar Prisms: Affix to Stellar Novas to adjust stats and effects.
Stellar Prisms are acquired as random drops after the Vagrant is defeated.
Added new weapons Hawkmoon and Izanagi's Edge.
Everlasting Light is now a real weather condition; music will play, and particles will fall from the sky.
Added a config file with 2 options: disable Stellar Nova cut-ins or to enable shared Suistrume Audio.
Smaller changes:
The Warrior of Light becomes invincible during 3rd phase change; regenerates more HP in Expert Mode.
This mod now has compatibility with "Boss Checklist." (Full compatibility will come soon.)
If Calamity is installed, an extra Prism will be available to craft, scaling Stellar Novas to Calamity postgame.
Modified several Stellar Array passives to accomodate for Stellar Novas. This includes Inner Alchemy, Avatar of Light, and Unbridled Radiance. Additonally, reworked the ability Key of Chronology.
Added sprite animation for the Stellar Disk.
Lots and lots and lots of bugfixes.
Added new dialouge. This also includes a hint to rid the world of Everlasting Light (just in case)​
Fixed missing UI with mods such as Levelling and Another RPG Mod.
Updated all UI elements accordingly.
v0.5.14:
Adjusted several passive ability descriptions in the Stellar Array.
v0.5.13:
The weapon "Suistrume" now correctly heals player HP and MP to maximum after a perfect "Stellar Performance"
Fixed a bug allowing for Astral and Umbral Blessings to be removed.
v0.5.12:
Removed "Confusion" from the Warrior of Light's attack "Terror Unleashed"
v0.5.11:
Attempted to fix multiple problems concerning the Warrior Of Light's "Quintuplecast" attack.
The Stellar Array passive "Inner Alchemy" has been changed: When below 100 Mana, gain HP Regeneration, 15 defense, and knockback resistance.
v0.5.10:
Fixed the acquisition method of "Essence of Perfection"
v0.5.9:
Adjusted certain descriptions for Stellar Array passives that reveals the functions used to calculate bonuses.
Drastically buffed the DoT of Starblight (16 -> 110)
Buffed Living Dead; now only requires 100 HP to stay alive after triggering.
v0.5.8:
The Warrior of Light's Final Phase has changed; meteors will now randomly rain from the sky instead of
Blazing Skies attacks.
The Warrior of Light's attack, "Light Rampant" has been adjusted.
The Warrior of Light's sprite sheet has been adjusted.
Modified the music for The Warrior of Light's Final Phase to loop better.
Provided substantial buffs to "Bury The Light" and its "Judgement Cut" when Calamity is not detected.
v0.5.7:
Buffed Aquatic Affinity: Now grants 3x extra Regeneration when Wet.
Fixed a bug concerning the Underworld's Essence saving to player files.
You can now re-craft the Spatial Disk for 1 Fallen Star at any anvil.
v0.5.6:
Nerfed Unbridled Radiance : Now increases stacks based on 100,000 attacks instead of 10,000.
v0.5.5:
Fixed a bug causing the Stellar Array to spam after defeating a Mechanical Boss.
v0.5.4:
Fixed a major multiplayer bug where Essences would not drop.
Fixed minor bugs concerning the Stellar Array.
Fixed minor bugs concerning the weapon 'Yunlai Stiletto'

v0.5.3: First public release of The Stars Above.

!! Please upload the *entire* crash log when reporting a bug, this helps a lot !!

FAQ

Q: Where can I fight The Vagrant of Space and Time?
The Wall of Flesh drops an item called "The Shattered Disk." This item will summon the boss.

Q: How do I cast Stellar Novas?
After binding the key in the Options menu, while holding the Spatial Disk, press the key to open the Stellar Nova Menu. Once you've equipped a Stellar Nova, you gain Stellar Nova Energy naturally in combat, and pressing the key with a full gauge will use the ability.

Q: Where do I find Prisms?
Prisms drop from any enemy with a 1/1000 chance after the Vagrant of Space and Time is defeated. Tier 2 Prisms, as of now, only drop from the Warrior of Light.

Q: Where can I fight The Warrior of Light?
After defeating the Moon Lord, he will drop an item called "The Progenitor's Wish" which will summon the Warrior of Light.

Q: My world is under "Light Everlasting!" How do I fix it?
After the Moon Lord is defeated, the world will be trapped in a permanent day cycle until the Warrior of Light is defeated.

Q: I accidentally lost a Essence; how can I get it back?
After defeating the Vagrant of Space and Time, craft the Enigmatic Dust into an Enigmatic Memory. This will grant you a random Essence available to you upon use. Please note the two endgame Essences are unavailable through this method; lose them, and they're gone forever!

DOWNLOAD
Get the mod on the tModLoader browser or on Github: ThePaperLuigi/TheStarsAbove

Split.png

Help spread the word by using a signature!

Asphodene: [url=https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/the-stars-above-conquer-the-worlds-evils-starfarers-at-your-side.105442/][img]https://i.imgur.com/CbHQQKY.png[/img][/url]
Eridani: [url=https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/the-stars-above-conquer-the-worlds-evils-starfarers-at-your-side.105442/][img]https://i.imgur.com/lm1HF4I.png[/img][/url]

Split.png

AFTERWORD:

Thank you to everyone on the tModLoader discord, and anyone who makes their mods open-source! I would have never done it without you!

Hello everyone! This has been a 8 month passion project coded, drawn, animated, and tested by one person: me! Thank you for all your support!

- - Donate here on Ko-Fi! - -

Attachments

• StarsAboveBanner.png
    StarsAboveBanner.png
    837.9 KB · Views: 11,660
  • KiwamiRyuken.png
    KiwamiRyuken.png
    93.8 KB · Views: 312
  • GardenOfAvalon.png
    GardenOfAvalon.png
    107.3 KB · Views: 305
  • EdinGenesisQuasar.png
    EdinGenesisQuasar.png
    107.6 KB · Views: 334
Last edited:

Nirush

Terrarian
This mod seems to have a bug with Leveled Mod, every time i activate both of them i can't summon the starfarers and even the stellar array. Deactivating Leveled Mod every thing back to normal.

PaperLuigi

The Destroyer
Sorry about that. After some testing, it looks like the Leveled Mod is overwriting all GUI from my mod. For now, just know it's incompatible.
[EDIT] For anyone coming in the future, as of v0.5.15, this is fixed!

Last edited:
So far, this mod has been a fantastic experince so far, with no collisions with any major mods like Calamity!

I really like the passive ability systems and artstyle the most. (though passive abilities could use some balances.)

I am definitely looking foward to the updates.

Although I have a question, am I allowed to share some pictures of this mod on my SNS account?

(I.E: profile pictures, and a few screenshots)

I'll make sure they know of where I've taken them.

Last edited:

Enophyis

Terrarian
Loving the mod so far! One issue though. It seems that none of the essences drop properly in multiplayer, forcing me to go into the item browser to grab the essence. I'm gonna try and check if its any other mod interfering, will keep you posted!

Nirush

Terrarian
Where the essences are supposed to drop? I already killed Skeletron and dindn't see any essence till now. Maybe a bug?

Runitback

Terrarian
This mod looks really good honestly and I really like how there is references to other game as the weapons like the Whisper of the worm and the Outbreak Perfected from destiny and the Aegis from Xenoblade.

Enophyis

Terrarian
I found yet another bug! The stellar array keeps reacting every time I go to the underworld, giving me an "Underworld Essence" every time I go down.

topfool

Terrarian
I found a glitch. Me and my friend defeated "the destroyer" and now we are getting spammed with messages that say "spatial disk begins to resonate" we tried uninstalling and reinstalling the mod but it wont stop. It's just spams the message.

Dayshi

Terrarian
At the moment the mod looks good, that of defeating certain bosses that let you choose some buff and be able to make other weapons.
I also got the bug in the Destroyer, I defeated it and I got the message "The Spatial disk begins to resonate", it wouldn't be much of a problem, except for the chat sound.

Atlezs

Terrarian
I got a bug, the stellar array doesn't open when I right click, both right click and left click interacts with the star farer. Currently, playing with split mod.

PaperLuigi

The Destroyer
Sorry, I couldn't replicate the bug on my end with the mod installed. If it does happen again, would you mind checking what items or accessories you think would interfere with right clicking items?

Branflakes

Terrarian
Heyo, i absolutely love your mod, but i can't find the warrior of light's theme anywhere! What is the name of it, or could you even send me the mp3 file of it? I love the song and just want it for idle listening. Made an account just to ask this!

Top Bottom