Other Game The Super Smash Brothers Thread!

Favorite version?

• Total voters
Smash Bros was one of my first N64 games, it was the first one I actually plugged in and played. For me, the first game is timeless. I still can play it today and I still can have a ton of fun. I never had a GameCube nor a Wii, so I couldn't enjoy Melee and Bawl at home. I played some matches of Brawl when I got the chance, though.

I'm really excited that I will be able to catch up with the new installment, already pre ordered the 3DS version. It's a bit weird to play the new games when you are so used to the oldest one, mainly because it have much more things and the classic characters plays a little bit differently (Mario is VERY different from the original, for instance).

Also, I've got a demo key from a friend a week ago or so, and I actually enjoyed playing with Megaman a lot (I'm just not so good with him as I am with Link). With Villager, on the other hand, I completely suck. I think he's a more strategic character, so you really have to calculate your attacks when using him.

Anyway, I can't wait to play it. My eyes sweats with the epicness of Smash.

I think Megaman is more like a vanity character. I don't see him as an interesting character ... Story of X and Zero just as their gameplay style (more of Zero) is way more interesting, Zero would find a perfect place in super smash bros, unlike Megaman in my opinion. Megaman doesn't have many skills to show in the game I guess, X a bit more, but still I think that from the whole Megaman universe only X / Zero would be playable for me. I think all of those Wii Social characters are USELESS ... on the other hand I love the fact they actually worked on Samus, I'm currently playing Metroid Prime 3, so far I am full of hate to such nerfing Samus in all previous SSB games. They added Zero Suit Samus but I am actually hoping to see some action with Armored Samus. The only Universe that seems to be ok in the game is Kirby. Kirby and Meta Knight are actually the best ports from other games... tho I can't say the same about Sonic, in Brawl he was the best character for me, but I felt a little uncomfortble playing with him when I just switched from Sonic Colors.

Overall I think the new Smash Bros is a total miss for modern battle gameplay, tho it's just my opinion they have gone in ammount, not quality of gameplay (like of nowaday games tho) so I am rather not hyped for the game, I rather wish them to delay the game for few months and make serious modifications.

I'll miss yelling at my friends to hold Z to strip. Good times. I wonder what'll happen to Zelda's, Sheik's, and Charizard's down specials? And Samus's and Zero Suit Samus's Final Smashes?

Speaking of those characters, I both like and dislike Zelda/Sheik and Samus/ZSS are different characters now. Changing between Zelda and Shiek was an easy way for me to throw off my friends while we were playing the game. I didn't use Samus much, so I care less than the Zelda an Shiek split.

Speaking of those characters, I both like and dislike Zelda/Sheik and Samus/ZSS are different characters now. Changing between Zelda and Shiek was an easy way for me to throw off my friends while we were playing the game. I didn't use Samus much, so I care less than the Zelda an Shiek split.
I hated the fact that they could switch. My friend was a master at both of them, and the characters I mained were really only effective against one of them. He was nearly impossible to beat because of it.

Last edited:
I love playing the demo without items because I cheese the AI and get 4 kills by throwing them off a ledge and then boomerang spam as Link.

Link's new purple outfit seems very unfitting. And yet I'm a diehard fan of purple Toon Link. Anyone else get that impression?

Back
Top Bottom