Badge Name: Supernova Badge
Badge Appearance:
1684876147857.gif
1684876151318.png

Username is LaynTF

Last edited:
I like this
Can I join?
This is coming from someone who legendary spammed for like 2 matches and then quit
Yes. Just wait a minute until I write the overhaul message before doing anything, I’m updating the rules for gen 9
What are your rules on the paradox mons?
They’re covered in the new rules. I’m typing this up as we speak.

Terraria Forums Pokémon League:
Gen 9 / Natdex Update

Two massive things have happened in Pokémon Showdown recently: Firstly, all non-legendary and non-mythical Pokémon of Pokémon's Ninth Generation have released and have been added to Pokémon Showdown. We now have every Pokémon that will be available until, quite possibly, Generation Ten's release. This leads into the second thing: At long last, NatDex Doubles has been added as a buildable and challengeable formats! This means that there is no longer a dex restriction on Doubles teams, so get ready to cook!

I will be updating the League's rules in accordance with the modern metagame, and will make continued posts if more such changes occur. In this post, I will cover all changes that will be made right now:
-Paradox Pokémon: As of now, Paradox Pokémon are allowed. I may later restrict the use of Booster Energy depending on how this goes, but for now both Paradoxes and Booster Energy are allowed. If calcs are a thing you care about, make sure to remember that any Pokémon looking to outspeed a paradox must reach <1.5x their maximum speed to guarantee this.
-Terastilization: I know this is a divisive topic in the Competitive Pokémon community, but I think that Tera is good for competition because it introduces a new variable to build around and makes teambuilding more interesting. I will be more likely to ban Pokémon that are exceedingly problematic with Tera than to ban Tera itself, unless things get really out of hand.
-Legendary Clause: All Legendaries and Mythicals are still banned, regardless of their current tier placement. This probably won't change.
-Other Banlists: NatDex's and NadDex Doubles' banlists will be respected. Those desicions were made for a reason, and also I couldn't really work around them if I wanted to.

Lastly, this is a new rule that I will be implementing to make bans more transparent:

-Banlist Exhibition Match Rule: If you believe that a Pokémon ban was unwarranted, you can challenge me using your League team in a special Banlist Exhibition Match. I will use a team which includes the Pokémon whose ban is being challenged, and I will gladly show you why it was banned. Banlist Exhibition Matches do not go towards your wins/losses, for obvious reasons. The only exceptions to this rule are Pokémon below OU that were banned under the Legendary Clause.

Sub-Update: Multi Battles!

TCFPL has introduced Multi Battles into its format list! Team up with a partner and take on two opponents at once for a whole new take on battling! You’ll have to balance support and offense to keep pressure on while also keeping your side safe. Remember, you’ll have one Multi Battle team regardless of who you’re battling with or against, so make sure to build your team with that in mind!

There may be Multi Battle tournaments in the future, if enough people join…

Here's a question.

In true Gym Leader fashion, could I have one pokemon not matching my type, but I have to Tera into my type turn 1?

Huh. I actually hadn’t thought about that yet. My singles gym team (which isn’t in the League atm but that will change) has always had a Mega Altaria that becomes Fairy upon Mega Evolution, so I guess it’d be ok. Something I will ask is that it’s thematic, like the more creative of SV’s gym leader teams are. Think Mismagius turning Electric to remove its weaknesses or Sudowoodo turning Grass cuz it’s a fake tree.

Back
Top Bottom