Items Please make these items craftable 😏⚒️👷🐦

benry gaming

Retinazer
Melee and ranged are able to make their first weapons immediately after starting, so why should mage and summoner have a chance to not get one in their world? There should be a recipe for the wand of sparking and the Finch staff so these 2 classes aren't defenseless at the start.

Other 2 classes aren't defenseless unless you're doing a single class restricted challenge, which is just a challenge not the way the game is meant to be played.

I don't want developers to encourage playing class restricted I think devs don't want to do that too that's why they didn't add them for so long, people who only play that way miss out on too much such as utilizing other support weapons from other classes, some mounts and accessories, playing old one's army with sentries, optimized hybrid setups etc.

I Don't think it should be implemented because just think making a magic weapon in with common materials like wood n other stuff it ok getting them in chests

Come on, there are literally 3 ways to obtain the Finch Staff right now. The pure class mentality is close-minded, not every class needs to have a weapon literally right at the start of the game

you people would've had a heart attack if you saw what Summoner was like before 1.4.1
1. There are 3 ways to get the Finch staff? Well there are about 5000 ways to get your first melee weapon.
2. If someone DOES want to do a pure class run, then this will help them
3. Not every class needs a weapon at the start of the game? Why not? They are adding a whip for the start of the game, so why not make a summon to use it on at the start? And if you are playing as a mage and you didn't get lucky with Wand of Sparking, there really isn't a mage weapon for you to get for a while if you are challenging yourself with a pure class run.
4. It would be helpful to have an early game summon for the other 3 classes, too

Come on, there are literally 3 ways to obtain the Finch Staff right now. The pure class mentality is close-minded, not every class needs to have a weapon literally right at the start of the game

you people would've had a heart attack if you saw what Summoner was like before 1.4.1
Oh sure, there are indeed 3 ways to obtain the Finch Staff. One requires you to play on a specific world/character type, the next requires you to Shimmer an item (which chances are you wouldn't need the Finch Staff if you can access Shimmer), and the last one is random chance based off of another random chance, since it only occasionally spawns in Living Tree Chests. Meaning that playing on small or medium worlds limits the chance of finding it even more.
The Finch Staff, similar to the Slime Staff, is an "early game weapon" that you probably won't use early game. So the only early game summoning weapon that you can reliably get is Abigail's Flower which requires you to die at least once (and have the grave be on/around grass) in order to get it.

Come on, there are literally 3 ways to obtain the Finch Staff right now.
This isn't a great point if you consider that:
  • The Journey Mode method requires you to play Journey Mode, which a lot of people prefer not doing.
  • The Shimmer method is most likely at a stage of the game where the Finch Staff is nothing but chest filler.
  • The Living Chest method is still unreliable even though being the most realistic due to World Gen RNG having the opportunity (and most likely taking that opportunity) to screw you over with the Living Chest loot.
Come on, man.

Did you really have to add this part to the end of your reply even though the reply would've been complete without it? All this does is makes you seem arrogant, even though I doubt that's who you really are.

Last edited:
1. There are 3 ways to get the Finch staff? Well there are about 5000 ways to get your first melee weapon.
Oh sure, there are indeed 3 ways to obtain the Finch Staff. One requires you to play on a specific world/character type, the next requires you to Shimmer an item (which chances are you wouldn't need the Finch Staff if you can access Shimmer), and the last one is random chance based off of another random chance, since it only occasionally spawns in Living Tree Chests. Meaning that playing on small or medium worlds limits the chance of finding it even more.
See, this is exactly what i mean. Wooden Chest items have a simple purpose: a free little help when starting off. They are all weak, none of them will be used for long, but when you start off and you have nothing, it's the best you can find. You wont get all of them in one run because you don't need to, they will not be something you use for long. The finch staff is so weak for even preboss standards that you may not even bother summoning it once you get actually good weapons, but until then it's a nice free DPS boost. The same goes for wand of sparking. It's a terrible weapon, even shurikens are more reliable, but the simple ability to spread On Fire is nice to find.

But no, this is all wrong, because the mentality of "pure class runs" means that these two weapons must be obtainable 3 minutes into the game because you must only use one weapon type no matter what else your enjoyment will forever be ruined. You dont want them to be something that adds just a little more variety to each playthrough, you don't want any randomness at all.

What you want is a Wooden Sword: Your proposed recipes will mean they have to be nerfed, because even wooden chest items are better than anything you make from wood, meaning that two already weak weapons will become even weaker, and thus two items that before were a nice thing to have, will now become weak, pointless items that will be outclassed by shurikens. All because it's a major sin that you can't double down on your class in the scavenger part of the game where classes aren't even defined yet.

And honestly, "Pure Class runs" are a bad way to play the game. There is no challenge because your power level isn't affected in any way, you just force yourself to ignore most weapons, armors and accessories for no real gain.

One requires you to play on a specific world/character type, the next requires you to Shimmer an item (which chances are you wouldn't need the Finch Staff if you can access Shimmer), and the last one is random chance based off of another random chance, since it only occasionally spawns in Living Tree Chests. Meaning that playing on small or medium worlds limits the chance of finding it even more.
Yup, this is what happens when people are annoying about something the devs don't want to do. Some people really really wanted the Finch staff to not be RNG, but relogic does not want it to be craftable or guaranteed in any way, so we end up with a weird half measure (the shimmer) that only kinda solves the problem.

Last edited:
See, this is exactly what i mean. Wooden Chest items have a simple purpose: a free little help when starting off. They are all weak, none of them will be used for long, but when you start off and you have nothing, it's the best you can find. You wont get all of them in one run because you don't need to, they will not be something you use for long. The finch staff is so weak for even preboss standards that you may not even bother summoning it once you get actually good weapons, but until then it's a nice free DPS boost. The same goes for wand of sparking. It's a terrible weapon, even shurikens are more reliable, but the simple ability to spread On Fire is nice to find.

But no, this is all wrong, because the mentality of "pure class runs" means that these two weapons must be obtainable 3 minutes into the game because you must only use one weapon type no matter what else your enjoyment will forever be ruined. You dont want them to be something that adds just a little more variety to each playthrough, you don't want any randomness at all.

What you want is a Wooden Sword: Your proposed recipes will mean they have to be nerfed, because even wooden chest items are better than anything you make from wood, meaning that two already weak weapons will become even weaker, and thus two items that before were a nice thing to have, will now become weak, pointless items that will be outclassed by shurikens. All because it's a major sin that you can't double down on your class in the scavenger part of the game where classes aren't even defined yet.

And honestly, "Pure Class runs" are a bad way to play the game. There is no challenge because your power level isn't affected in any way, you just force yourself to ignore most weapons, armors and accessories for no real gain.
All I said was that making these items craftable would be helpful to people who do want to do a pure class run. Nobody in this thread is saying that doing a pure class run is required, or that not doing one is a sin, you're just making that up.

All I said was that making these items craftable would be helpful to people who do want to do a pure class run.
Isn't the whole point of a challenge is to make things difficult on purpose?

I mean should they buff wand of sparkling for a wand of sparkling only challenge?

Nobody in this thread is saying that doing a pure class run is required, or that not doing one is a sin, you're just making that up.
To be fair you opened this thread talking about "classes" (which are glorified self-handicapped challenges) and worded it like not always having a magic or summon weapon immediately accessible upon spawning is a problem that needs to be fixed. I wouldn't mind having Finch Staff be craftable, but self-handicap challenges are not the reason or an influence for why I'd want it.

To be fair you opened this thread talking about "classes" (which are glorified self-handicapped challenges) and worded it like not always having a magic or summon weapon immediately accessible upon spawning is a problem that needs to be fixed. I wouldn't mind having Finch Staff be craftable, but self-handicap challenges are not the reason or an influence for why I'd want it.
This is true, but I still feel like J Bame was really exaggerating how people feel about not doing pure class runs

My take on it is why not just cut out the middleman, and have Finch Staff have a 1/2 chance to drop from trees instead of the Living Wood Wand (and can be shimmered back into the wand or something)?
That way obtaining it is still RNG dependent which I personally think is a nice pattern with early summon weapons, but you don't necessarily have to rely on finicky worldgen or reaching the Shimmer to get one.

My take on it is why not just cut out the middleman, and have Finch Staff have a 1/2 chance to drop from trees instead of the Living Wood Wand (and can be shimmered back into the wand or something)?
That way obtaining it is still RNG dependent which I personally think is a nice pattern with early summon weapons, but you don't necessarily have to rely on finicky worldgen or reaching the Shimmer to get one.
This is a way better idea that it being craftable

Back
Top Bottom