Sprites The Whimsy (Alternate Hallow)

This biome seems to be a less 'Stiff' version of the hallow the hallow seems to be more sophisticated and still but this biome seems to be alot more welcoming looking. I like it!

Wow... I just invented a boss for the hallow, and as im sure this will get implemented, im gonna need to come up with a boss for this too! Full support. Also, i kinda get where youre going with the RoD alt... It could be a good item to improve your dodging skills, as if you got hit too many times with it you would lose health.

Wow... I just invented a boss for the hallow, and as im sure this will get implemented, im gonna need to come up with a boss for this too! Full support. Also, i kinda get where youre going with the RoD alt... It could be a good item to improve your dodging skills, as if you got hit too many times with it you would lose health.
Tell me exactly why you are certain this will get in?

Because its such a friggin good idea!!! The devs just have to add it.
No, they don't have to. It's their choice. While I'm not to fond of this idea myself, it is definitely a good one. That does not, however, certify that it will be added. Was the Cyber a good idea? Yes. Has it been added? No. Are aquariums a good idea? Yes. Have they been added? No. Is the Lunar Princess a good idea? Yes. Has she been added? No. Noticing a pattern? It's their choice. Their decisions. For all we know, the other devs might even hate this idea. You just don't know.
Yeah thats what i meant, if it got cenx's approval, then its sure to get in the game!
If she gives her approval, it means she likes it. If Loki says he likes something, it means he likes it. This applies to every single developer there is. No exceptions. They are users just like the rest of us, they have opinions. If Cenx likes this idea, is it 100% certified to be added in the next update? NO. It's the dev's choice, MaxDaBeast, let them make it.

No, they don't have to. It's their choice. While I'm not to fond of this idea myself, it is definitely a good one. That does not, however, certify that it will be added. Was the Cyber a good idea? Yes. Has it been added? No. Are aquariums a good idea? Yes. Have they been added? No. Is the Lunar Princess a good idea? Yes. Has she been added? No. Noticing a pattern? It's their choice. Their decisions. For all we know, the other devs might even hate this idea. You just don't know.

If she gives her approval, it means she likes it. If Loki says he likes something, it means he likes it. This applies to every single developer there is. No exceptions. They are users just like the rest of us, they have opinions. If Cenx likes this idea, is it 100% certified to be added in the next update? NO. It's the dev's choice, MaxDaBeast, let them make it.
I'm pretty sure he understands that and chooses to remain optimistic.

Let's not try to salt the water by bringing the kill joy to the party. :dryadgrin:

There is optimism, which I encourage, but there are also expectations, which can lead to disappointment when one becomes "certain" of something with no real evidence to support it. Its worth noting that nothing nearly as large as a biome alternate has been added to the game, at least not in a form resembling the original suggestion, and even bosses or invasion events haven't been drawn from the community. This is not to say that they never could, but history has indicated that smaller, high quality suggestions have the highest likelihood of ending up in the game . . . just something to consider when deciding to conclude that something is or isn't in (much like the legions of individuals who were crestfallen that the Cyber wasn't in game, even though no one had ever indicated that this would be the case).

There is optimism, which I encourage, but there are also expectations, which can lead to disappointment when one becomes "certain" of something with no real evidence to support it. Its worth noting that nothing nearly as large as a biome alternate has been added to the game, at least not in a form resembling the original suggestion, and even bosses or invasion events haven't been drawn from the community. This is not to say that they never could, but history has indicated that smaller, high quality suggestions have the highest likelihood of ending up in the game . . . just something to consider when deciding to conclude that something is or isn't in (much like the legions of individuals who were crestfallen that the Cyber wasn't in game, even though no one had ever indicated that this would be the case).
This is why I create all of my suggestions with the assumption that none will ever be added.

This is so cute! and if it were a real biome it would be my favorite but I wish it was a little more different from the Hallow and had a slime like dream-struck slime maybe?

I've been through every one of your suggestions up till now and, good lord. You seem to produce nothing but consistently good and interesting ideas. This isn't massively different thematically from the Hallow, but it's unique in it's own way, and certainly very well-made. I'd dare say it competes quite easily with some of the other well-made infection biomes proposed in the Suggestions forum.

I've been through every one of your suggestions up till now and, good lord. You seem to produce nothing but consistently good and interesting ideas. This isn't massively different thematically from the Hallow, but it's unique in it's own way, and certainly very well-made. I'd dare say it competes quite easily with some of the other well-made infection biomes proposed in the Suggestions forum.

I wonder if anyone actually mods any of these biomes in. I'm no developer but I was under the impression that artwork is the biggest part of the work, and some people basically do it all already. Shame to see stuff like this get wasted, well, as long as the creator has fun I suppose.

Edit: I have a complaint though, why can't we put in 10 Bottles of Water and make 10 Enchanted Water like the rest of the thrown waters?

Back
Top Bottom