WIP Theory, your character is slowly going insane.

ChipsAndChipolatas

Steampunker
Before I delve into this, please note this will need further research and I am no theorist. So this may seem a little off.

So, Terraria is a game with little to no plot. Right? Your in a land, you've got to build a small town, collect armour and weapons to protect yourself and kill a few bosses. Simple. But the other day an idea which sprung to mind. During hardmode, you battle three mechanical bosses. The destroyer, The Twins and Skeletron Prime. All three resembling three bosses you fought at the start of your journey. Eye Of Cthulu, Eater Of Worlds and Skeletron. However, the differences are that they are vastly more difficult and they are.. Well robots. Could it be that your character, the hero of the game. Is creating these beasts...

The idea what got me to think of this is that, maybe, just maybe. The main protagonist makes the three mechanical bosses because he misses the thrill of the fight. The hunt and the kill he gets from defeating these massive and powerful monsters. He misses it, he wants to kill again. So, in my mind. I think he may just be going insane. Other evidence that suggests this is, killing bunnies. Yeah. Not just this but killing most innocent animals. Yes, I know it isn't him doing this but our own sick minds but just discard that. So, the point is he murders bunnies, birds, insects, frogs and the like. For no gain what so ever. No food, no special ingredient for a potion or weapon material. Even more so, you feel no remorse at all when you stick your sword through these innocent bunnies. This, could be a sign of him being a psychopath. For you guys who don't know, it means that you think killing is fun. You feel no emotion to anyone, and interpret emotions to make you look innocent. With this point it could prove that your character is going insane from the lack of murder and no thrill of battle. After he defeats these three bosses he still has not had enough and yet again messes with nature and summons a powerful being. Every time endangering the land itself. He eventually however gets his fix with Plantera, Golem and Duke Fishron. And for the mobile and console users, Ocram.

I would appreciate if you guys can help flesh out and improve this theory and even provide constructive criticism or suggesting ways this theory can be disproved. Thanks ~Chips

There is a good reason to kill bunnies and birds though. To get their banners. Not to mention they make good triggers for some wiring work, and killing them is the best way to turn it off.

I feel remorse when I kill a bunny... It's just horrible. And yet I'll happily throw food at someone

Mind you, the terrarian himself has no emotion. I like your theory, it's pretty good

Makes sense. This is a bit similar to my theory that the entirety of Terraria are the dreams of a child in a deep coma.

Could it be. That if it is the character is actually creating the bosses.
Could it be that... The final battle... Would not be Cthulhu... But against yourself?!?!...

The psychotic character would somehow find a way that he could actually make a clone of itself to kill!?...
Hmmmmm...

Could it be. That if it is the character is actually creating the bosses.
Could it be that... The final battle... Would not be Cthulhu... But against yourself?!?!...

The psychotic character would somehow find a way that he could actually make a clone of itself to kill!?...
Hmmmmm...
This would be epic. If the game could analyze your attacks throughout the game. Analyze the way you move and attack. I'd love this...

Who wouldn't kill bunnies with a huge as*s sword that shoots little versions of themselves, or with a bullet firing shark? I mean, i would if i could, fu*ck PETA

My character is too lazy to make mechanical bosses.

Also, in order to create the bosses in the first place, you'd need Hallow Bars.
About the bunnies, it's possible to get their banner (or fur). It's not uncommon for real life hunters to take the fur or hide of the animals they kill.

I've seen way more interesting theories than this. Try again, please...

hmm that would explain why the 2 last bosses are the moon and a giant pig dragon that fires sharknados...the player is running out of ideas for stuff to kill. (no offence meant toward the developers)

Whenever I kill a critter it's because I need to test weapons or to sate my hunger for death
[DOUBLEPOST=1419900336][/DOUBLEPOST]So what your saying is that the player gets the bodies of the bosses and makes them robots, I never thought I would ever be sorry for the eye of Cthulhu

Whenever I kill a critter it's because I need to test weapons or to sate my hunger for death
[DOUBLEPOST=1419900336][/DOUBLEPOST]So what your saying is that the player gets the bodies of the bosses and makes them robots, I never thought I would ever be sorry for the eye of Cthulhu
Didn't think of it that way, thats pretty good

Yeah, I'm not convinced. I for one don't purposely kill critters. I don't know about others, but I don't see why I would do it. It really depends on the mind of the person who plays the game, not the character.
About the bosses, why would it all be in your mind? Why wouldn't the robots be someone else's work, the same person who made the cyborg, for example? The character-going-insane thing has been done before in theories and creepypasta, many times. It probably was sinister and intriguing the first few times but now it's just as lame and overused as hyperrealistic blood and its-all-a-coma theories.

Back
Top Bottom