There & Back Again: A Summary of Journey's End

Status
Not open for further replies.
jLmkgMr.png

Gimme my whip, I'm ready for the next 5000 hours.
(If you're curious: I've never gotten the The Frequent Flyer achievement because I haven't availed myself of the nurse's services.)

I was told that it only spawns under where the guardian spawns now, but it might have been false?
I haven't seen anything like that from the changelog.
Edit: I found this from the upcoming features page on the wiki. So apparently the WB is being moved completely to after Skeletron.
unknown.png

Last edited:
I. NEED. THE. CRYSTAL. BUNNY

So yeah I am filling a entire chest of bunnies And yeah
Also cant wait to hear my favourite fish-pig-dragon’s new track!

I am very torn on whether to play Normal or Expert for my 1.4 playthrough.

I find Normal Mode way too easy until the Wall of Flesh boss fight onwards, then it gets pretty challenging, and eventually very brutal (I can barely defeat Moon Lord on Normal without a specially designed arena, every buff potion in the game, and a nurse close by).

I think that Expert could be a fun, challenging time, but I worry greatly about being able to handle hardmode. I already find Normal Moon Lord nigh impossible, I don't think I would stand a chance against it in Expert.

In other words, Normal starts too easy but it eventually leans a bit on the "too hard" side by the end. Expert looks like it would be pretty challenging early, and impossible by the end.

Which way should I go? (Forget Master difficulty, not touching that thing.)

I couldn't be more excited for this update! Despite how new this account is, I've loved Terraria since early high school, and now I am graduating college! Now the final update to my favorite game is the first thing I will enjoy!
Thank you so much for for these amazing years with many more to come! Stay safe!

Also, something I've always thought about, now that I made a new account after all these years: The Cobalt Shield is an item that is important to all players in a multiplayer server, but their availability is limited by the dungeon chests. In order for everyone to get an Ankh Shield eventually, we would need to generate and migrate to other worlds to get more. Is there any way to get a Cobalt Shield or Obsidian Shield as a renewable resource without having to go to other worlds?

If you want a more unique experience then go with expert. If you've already played normal mode a couple times, then go with expert. Even in expert I (personally) still think the game isn't that hard. If you really, REALLY struggle with expert then go with normal, but I would highly recommend expert. I personally am going for master for my first playthrough which I'm doing with my buddy.

A bit sad True Excalibur is now pointless and the Terra Blade might be made obsolete unless they revamped it and made it the final sword once more.

I'm a little sad that the armor spread is going to basically stay "If you care about surviving over anything else, wear melee armor regardless of what weapons you're using."
>Nebula armor loses 2hp/s each level of the regen buff, reducing the effect by 40% at all levels; Solar gains a passive 1hp/s to each armor piece.
No change to defenses, so Nebula's still 14/18/14 for 46 defense; Solar's still 24/34/30, making it 78... two pieces of solar is worth the entire nebula set's defenses, and the entire set is now a single stack of nebula's hp regen permanently.

Basically, what I'm bemoaning, as someone who likes magic weapons, is that, basically, the stance of the devs since they rolled out hard mode 8 and a half years ago (Patch 1.1, Dec 2011) seems to have been that melee should have the best defenses against the mobs (that will more-than-likely hit you regardless of your weapon type), and if you're gonna regularly use weapons of more than one type, wear the melee armor because it's the best at every tier of content, which makes me sad. Especially with the extensive nerfing of a certain armor set to reduce the reliance of health drain to supplement low armor values for mages.

I couldn't be more excited for this update! Despite how new this account is, I've loved Terraria since early high school, and now I am graduating college! Now the final update to my favorite game is the first thing I will enjoy!
Thank you so much for for these amazing years with many more to come! Stay safe!

Also, something I've always thought about, now that I made a new account after all these years: The Cobalt Shield is an item that is important to all players in a multiplayer server, but their availability is limited by the dungeon chests. In order for everyone to get an Ankh Shield eventually, we would need to generate and migrate to other worlds to get more. Is there any way to get a Cobalt Shield or Obsidian Shield as a renewable resource without having to go to other worlds?
Fishing in dungeon is a thing. =3 (Yeah, you have to create water pond here, because there's none in wild) Every essential item in terraria is renewable.

Last edited:
Hey, thought I'd stop by and weigh in on some of these changes. I'm quite happy with most of them, though I do have a couple of concerns:

-In 1.3, the reason why I stockpiled crates in preHM wasn't because I hated the idea of mining HM ores, but because I hated the idea of spawning bits of ebonstone/crimstone/pearlstone in random locations when smashing altars. It feels like the game is punishing you, and yet it's mandatory in order to obtain relevant equipment upgrades. This mechanic is annoying and doesn't add much.

-Cobalt, Mythril, and Adamantite are still going to be seen as inferior to their 1.2 counterparts. Buffing their raw stats doesn't seem to be the right way forward, either, simply because they will still be less interesting. They'll need some sort of thematic new set bonus if you ask me. Most people regard the altar smashing as three coin flips, each of which has both a desirable and undesirable outcome. I think the 1.1 armor sets deserve better than this.

-Is the Charged Blaster Cannon's full beam still not adjustable? That was the main reason why using that weapon annoyed me, and it was the #1 thing I wanted to see changed.

-Frostburn was pretty bad in 1.3 and I was hoping it would become slightly more relevant in 1.4. Especially considering that a hardmode armor set uses it as its unique set effect.

HP numbers on the other lifebars would be much appreciated, and I'm mildly concerned if hardmode crates never drop pre-hardmode ores. There's still a lot of use for the early ores, from decoration to potion-making.

I don't quite see the big deal about the Reaver Shark one way or the other. I suppose it's good you can no longer dive straight to Hell before fighting a boss, but the much easier skip that jumps you past platinum is mining Meteorite with bombs. I've gone from Wooden Bow to 0-mana Space Gun dozens of times, at which point beating the EoW/BoC is mostly a formality. Making Meteorite unbombable (or unbombable pre-hardmode, like Hellstone) would be much more impactful.

Thank you for all the love you've shown this game. It means a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom