There & Back Again: A Summary of Journey's End

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazing update...

Has there been any thought to possibly adding a hunger mechanic (as optional)? I saw there was going to be more food or something, I found food to be widely ignorable in the game which seemed kind of sad. This would help me actually want to and enjoy collecting foods.

Mwahahahaha. I'm in a glorious laugh above the 15ish icq people who really thinks summoner "got love"? Rly? They threw dust in your eyes with "summoner weapons" which summoners are not needed completely whatsoever -- - - -- - - WhIiiIiiiIIiile removing the preparation point from summoners WHILE summoner was still not the best damage dealers... So rip summoner just slimeslapped in the face, gg wp, summoner is officially dead. Summoner is returned from actual class to a grounded wacky poor afk farm entity no one know for what purpose added to the game.

Why balance a singleplayer pve only class, for who???? Why? Worst update ever Ok, no, actually, but summoner is still dead.
Uhhhh.... What? Could you clarify?

Mwahahahaha. I'm in a glorious laugh above the 15ish icq people who really thinks summoner "got love"? Rly? They threw dust in your eyes with "summoner weapons" which summoners are not needed completely whatsoever -- - - -- - - WhIiiIiiiIIiile removing the preparation point from summoners WHILE summoner was still not the best damage dealers... So rip summoner just slimeslapped in the face, gg wp, summoner is officially dead. Summoner is returned from actual class to a grounded wacky poor afk farm entity no one know for what purpose added to the game.

Why balance a singleplayer pve only class, for who???? Why? Worst update ever Ok, no, actually, but summoner is still dead.
On top of that they nerf forbidden treads and vallhala combo (treads nerf is much more painful). What they add in return? Whips! mid range weapon for squishi summoner!
if this don't give us 100% minion dmg buff, I will still use ranger weapons just play ranger class. I dont care about stardust armor buff cause it is post moon lord

- Moon Lord’s Phantasmal Death Ray will now penetrate blocks that are between it and the player

Not going to lie, this actually bums me out. Not because of cheese boxes, but because actual legitimate strategies with blocks had to suffer because of the cheesers.
I had a rather fun strategy with the hoverboard and blocks, and it actually took effort rather then being a cheese strategy, it feels like Moon Lord is just Tabi/Rod of Discord locked now. That or Hoverboard is a joke now(as is vortex booster) since it feels like horizontal speed of any kind just gets you punished now.

I've never had much of a problem using the Cosmic Car Key and just flying up and over the source of the death lasers, myself. <(o o.)> Just have to plan ahead a bit.

It feels a little bit like fleeing from the giant Boulder in any Indiana Jones movie. People keep trying to run ahead of the boulder/laser in a straight line, but no one really thinks of just stepping to the side or up above it.

If anything, it's the Martian Saucer laser that has always worried me. I'm glad that's being nerfed. I had to use very cheesy tactics to knock out that monstrosity.

First of all I wanted to say a big thank you to the whole dev team and everyone else working Terraria. In addition a big shoutout to all those Terraria content creators and the community itself which made all of this big and free content available in the first place with their continuous support and love. I'm so freaking hyped and can't wait any longer to finally touch the update myself.

Now regarding many of the changes mentioned here in the changelog:

I can unterstand, that many people will get upset with the various nerfs of cheesy strats and exploits that have been long around. I for myself always did the crate stacking before hardmode, not because of the difficulty but the random evil biome spread when breaking altars. (Remember that you'll still be able to prepare safe fishing spots, boxes etc. and fish those crates once you entered hardmode. There's still no need for breaking altars this way if you want to get your hands on the new ores) Or destroying the Destroyers whole career with the Daedalus Stormbow.
But these things alongside the reaver shark weren't intended in the way we used them. Terraria is heavingly focusing on mining and gear progression and skipping whole pre-hardmode with some effort in fishing isn't the way the game should be played. Of course we loved the ways to help us getting along easier but I really appreciate the idea of utilizing more kind of things the game offers instead of always going the meta just because it's too good to miss.
In case of the balancing of weapons and stuff I think future updates as said in the thread could help with some issues here. But if you think "Oh gosh they ruined the thing I always used" just try thinking if this wasn't the case because it was kind of op in some ways. My personal hope is that all methods of playing the game will be more sticking together in their effectiveness with less over- or underpowered parts in the top and bottom.

Some words especially to summoner class because some are already calling it dead. -_-
I love being a summoner and through all of it I see more buffs than nerfs. We'll get plenty of more weapon options (especially starter weapons), stardust armor gets a huge buff (who actually used the guardian manually?), we get a whole new weapon class which will surely scale with your summoning damage, the extra immunity frame function reduces the feeling of being some kind of hybrid class (along with our own weapons). I really can't stand the point summoner would be dead, I'm more happy and looking forward to play this class than I've ever been before.

tl;dr: Nerfing cheesy strats is good for the game itself, balancing will continue after 1.4 and devs, please don't mind the people seeing all this and just point out some things they're bothered of, you won' be able to satisty everyone (and you know that).

PS: English isn't my native language so I'm sorry if this should be bad to read <3

First of all I wanted to say a big thank you to the whole dev team and everyone else working Terraria. In addition a big shoutout to all those Terraria content creators and the community itself which made all of this big and free content available in the first place with their continuous support and love. I'm so freaking hyped and can't wait any longer to finally touch the update myself.

Now regarding many of the changes mentioned here in the changelog:

I can unterstand, that many people will get upset with the various nerfs of cheesy strats and exploits that have been long around. I for myself always did the crate stacking before hardmode, not because of the difficulty but the random evil biome spread when breaking altars. (Remember that you'll still be able to prepare safe fishing spots, boxes etc. and fish those crates once you entered hardmode. There's still no need for breaking altars this way if you want to get your hands on the new ores) Or destroying the Destroyers whole career with the Daedalus Stormbow.
But these things alongside the reaver shark weren't intended in the way we used them. Terraria is heavingly focusing on mining and gear progression and skipping whole pre-hardmode with some effort in fishing isn't the way the game should be played. Of course we loved the ways to help us getting along easier but I really appreciate the idea of utilizing more kind of things the game offers instead of always going the meta just because it's too good to miss.
In case of the balancing of weapons and stuff I think future updates as said in the thread could help with some issues here. But if you think "Oh gosh they ruined the thing I always used" just try thinking if this wasn't the case because it was kind of op in some ways. My personal hope is that all methods of playing the game will be more sticking together in their effectiveness with less over- or underpowered parts in the top and bottom.

Some words especially to summoner class because some are already calling it dead. -_-
I love being a summoner and through all of it I see more buffs than nerfs. We'll get plenty of more weapon options (especially starter weapons), stardust armor gets a huge buff (who actually used the guardian manually?), we get a whole new weapon class which will surely scale with your summoning damage, the extra immunity frame function reduces the feeling of being some kind of hybrid class (along with our own weapons). I really can't stand the point summoner would be dead, I'm more happy and looking forward to play this class than I've ever been before.

tl;dr: Nerfing cheesy strats is good for the game itself, balancing will continue after 1.4 and devs, please don't mind the people seeing all this and just point out some things they're bothered of, you won' be able to satisty everyone (and you know that).

PS: English isn't my native language so I'm sorry if this should be bad to read <3
So true.
Also, your English is perfect.<3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom