There & Back Again: A Summary of Journey's End

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I know its a bit late to ask about this, but by any chance, are we getting 2 Block High "Gates" or "windows" that open and close. I'd like to use them in a wall to fire arrows out of.
You can always actuate some blocks to achieve the same effect.

My only gripe is that dungeon spikes got an annoying hefty damage increase. That part I haaate. :(
It's why I always mine them out of the dungeon as I progress. I wish they had an additional purpose, really. What I'd LOVE is if they could be converted into something that also damages (Or even knocks back) monsters, like some kind of anti-zombie wall. But where's the balance in that?

Does someone know the exact time when the update will be available on Steam?
Some predict it'll be around 1:00 PM Eastern time, but don't hold me to that. It's just my own faulty recollection to be honest.

OH MY GOD THE LEGIT CAN'T GO ANY SLOWER, I'M HELLA SUPER EXCITED LEESSSGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! ;(🥺🥺🥺:dryadpassionate::dryadpassionate::dryadpassionate::dryadpassionate:

Some words especially to summoner class because some are already calling it dead. -_-
I love being a summoner and through all of it I see more buffs than nerfs. We'll get plenty of more weapon options (especially starter weapons), stardust armor gets a huge buff (who actually used the guardian manually?), we get a whole new weapon class which will surely scale with your summoning damage, the extra immunity frame function reduces the feeling of being some kind of hybrid class (along with our own weapons). I really can't stand the point summoner would be dead, I'm more happy and looking forward to play this class than I've ever been before.

tl;dr: Nerfing cheesy strats is good for the game itself, balancing will continue after 1.4 and devs, please don't mind the people seeing all this and just point out some things they're bothered of, you won' be able to satisty everyone (and you know that).
You are not the smart one isn't ya?

EVEN with cheese summoner is not top dps class ESPECIALLY before moonlord, now summoner is a joke and whips is just a meme.

>Defending devs.
Lmao, they don't need your protection, kiddo

EVEN with cheese summoner is not top dps class ESPECIALLY before moonlord, now summoner is a joke and whips is just a meme.

>Defending devs.

Nor do we need that kind of attitude here.

Do try to be respectful and considerate to others regardless of if they are wrong, right or differ in opinion. There's absolutely no need to call someone out like that.

Honestly, on paper Summoner appears like it might be weaker than it currently is in game, but that's without knowing if there's new summoning items, how the hallowed summoner helmet changes summoner progression, whether or not the separate i-frames for summons hugely increases damage with other weapons, how summon ai might have been improved and how good whips are. Viewing all of it objectively in comparison to what we know, it seems like a nerf, though that's if everything is the same as before. With this many changes, I don't think you can call 1.4 Summoner the same class anymore.

I'm loving all the changes, especially the Summoner and Fishing changes given I love doing those 2 things most. It'll be fun to keep fishing lots without being tempted to skip most the game with sharks and crates gotten early on. Summoners look extra amazing now with summons getting their own i-frame thingy and having lots of new options and stuff. Theres less cheese, especially on the moonlord and king slime but that's not bad, it'll force me to think outside my box and improve my strategies and get good at the dodging. New update, fresh new strategies to come up with, I like it <3

I'll just skip your insult.

I know that summoner wasn't top dps class before (and I never said the cheesy strats would have anything to do with summoner) and may very surely neither be after this update. But I'm against arguing about whips for example before even being able to trying them out, same so for the whole class itself. You're making a judgement over something you haven't touched yet.
And generally spoken: There will always be just one top class. If they would have buffed summoner to that place maybe the mages, rangers und meeles out there would be complaining. This is what I meant with "you can't satisfy everyone".

>Defending devs.

Kindness isn't a must concept, too, but still the better way to go than just being rude. I'm not against critism at all, but it should be objectively instead of being a full stack of "mimimi".

I've just registered a new account here despite being a Terrarian of quite limited experience. I played only up until the Wall of Flesh about 5 years ago on a mediumcore server I ran for a small community... and yet, despite the fact that I didn't get to finish it at the time, the game made a deep impression upon me; so I've been a long-time lurker around these forums, watching update after update forge the game into a greater version of itself. The longer I've waited to go back to it, the more the game I'm looking forward to fully immersing myself in once again seems to take on its most ideal, perfected form, and it just makes me more excited. I won't have time right away when 1.4 drops, but hopefully soon I will be able to dive into a large Master Mode world—because I find a crazy challenge to be the best way to maximize interaction with all a game has to offer—taking it extremely slowly, being deathly afraid of everything, needing to make use of all the resources I can get my hands on, swapping between different playstyles for tactical benefits, and eventually giving up and reverting to Expert. ;)

Anyway, that's all to say that 1) like everyone else here I am greatly appreciative of the incredible, many years-long support Re-Logic has provided and 2) I want you all to know that there are people like me who aren't hardcore, experienced experts who've beaten 1.3.x dozens of times but are also very excited about this update because it means that, when we do sink our teeth into the game, it will be all the juicier. In other words, the audience who sees you and thanks you is even larger than you might imagine. But my real motivation for registering to write this comment is to say that 3) it's wonderful to see developers responding to all of the players in this thread to discuss the update's balancing choices in candid detail. I care a lot about game balance, about a tightly tuned relationship between the game and the player, and so it inspires tremendous confidence in me to read about the deliberations that went into these decisions. Thank you so much for your care and your forthrightness! (Oh, and nerfing the Reaver Shark sounds like the right call to me. :p)

Journey's End is very near, Terrarians!
terraria.org_news_terraria-journey-s-end-changelog.png

In Journey mode, if I change the difficulty to 2x or 3x, do I unlock the drops that are normally reserved for those harder difficulties? Does it increase other drop rates or RNG ranges?
I thought that same thing. I'm pretty sure since when you turn up the difficulty to master mode, you get an extra accessory slot, so you can probably also get the items.

Okay now, I don't really know precise release time, but We at least know that stream with pushing release button gonna happen in less than 24h. (23h17m) =3

I'll just skip your insult.

I know that summoner wasn't top dps class before (and I never said the cheesy strats would have anything to do with summoner) and may very surely neither be after this update. But I'm against arguing about whips for example before even being able to trying them out, same so for the whole class itself. You're making a judgement over something you haven't touched yet.
And generally spoken: There will always be just one top class. If they would have buffed summoner to that place maybe the mages, rangers und meeles out there would be complaining. This is what I meant with "you can't satisfy everyone".

Kindness isn't a must concept, too, but still the better way to go than just being rude. I'm not against critism at all, but it should be objectively instead of being a full stack of "mimimi".
Whips are mid range weapons, and thats the biggest problem. I dont want to be in melee fighter zone where bosses can hit me so easily, with the squishiest class in the game. My point is: We dedicated summoners do not need any new weapons, we already have fantastic weapons like (phantasm, sniper riffle, onyx blaster megashark) that do not pierce target therefore doesnt collide with minnion atack iframes. We just wanted some (pre hardmode/hardmode) armors, minion weapons and "AI" rework. Not that big changes. Understand me, summoner is in good place at endgame and this big changes just scare and put off me from this class.

Whips are mid range weapons, and thats the biggest problem. I dont want to be in melee fighter zone where bosses can hit me so easily, with the squishiest class in the game. My point is: We dedicated summoners do not need any new weapons, we already have fantastic weapons like (phantasm, sniper riffle, onyx blaster megashark) that do not pierce target therefore doesnt collide with minnion atack iframes. We just wanted some (pre hardmode/hardmode) armors, minion weapons and "AI" rework. Not that big changes. Understand me, summoner is in good place at endgame and this big changes just scare and put off me from this class.
I really recommend that you at least play the update before making up your mind. It's impossible to get a true feel for the changes from the changelog alone.

I suspect that whips have a really high knockback. It would make sense for a summoner class, whip the enemies away from yourself so the minions can get them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom