Game Mechanics There should be a way to turn off the ability to drop gravestones

VampireFrog

Terrarian
Gravestones are annoying, get in the way, and you can’t even sell them. I had to get rid of my pre 1.4 world because the graveyard mechanic ruined it completely. I tried getting rid of the gravestones but the mist was still there. I DON’T WANT GRAVESTONES.

It's probably part a thing to try to "motivate" players to not die lots, or something - except when you actually wanna make a graveyard...
But even putting aside pre-1.4 worlds, the way gravestones drop is annoying for some other reasons too. ecto mist is fine, it can give some nice ambience, but...

when you get killed, the gravestone will force-place itself if it finds any place suitable, and destroys natural decos like rock formations and stuff, which the player can't place in vanilla. so, they're lost forever. in some playthroughs, I tried to incorporate them into the garden next to my house. that is, just until they all got destroyed, after the goblins paid a visit... just why?! gravestones don't go forcibly replacing a table or chair or something, so, why do they irreversibly destroy natural deco stuff?!

when you get killed, the gravestone will force-place itself if it finds any place suitable, and destroys natural decos like rock formations and stuff, which the player can't place in vanilla. so, they're lost forever. in some playthroughs, I tried to incorporate them into the garden next to my house. that is, just until they all got destroyed, after the goblins paid a visit... just why?! gravestones don't go forcibly replacing a table or chair or something, so, why do they irreversibly destroy natural deco stuff?!
This is so annoying. I keep a couple rows of planter boxes next to my base so I can easily produce potions, but for some ungodly reason the tombstones can land on the planter boxes like a solid tile and uproot herbs I have growing.

Yes. I would love this, especially considering that in Hardcore town npcs drop them which happens way more often than you dying.

This is so annoying. I keep a couple rows of planter boxes next to my base so I can easily produce potions, but for some ungodly reason the tombstones can land on the planter boxes like a solid tile and uproot herbs I have growing.
Yes! That too! I totally agree, it's extremely annoying!

Well there's a few mods that do that ,but since tmodloader hasn't uploaded to 1.4 yet, you might want to keep track of all the graveyards in your world.

They should at least add this as an option on journey mode since it already has support to stop things like corruption spreading.

Makes practicing bossfights such a :red:ing pain since the graves drop everywhere and remove all saturation from the area, followed by unnecessary, annoying spawns breaking concentration or your health. Especially annoying when you're practicing something like Master Mode pre-Golem Summoner Daytime EoL

Back
Top Bottom