Story Things Are Looking Crim

SteelSt0rmMaster

Skeletron Prime
welcome to my thread also known as yet another thread by me that will most likely die horribly and slowly hahaha

About

Things Are Looking Crim is a story inspired by PlotBin. The story goes that the Crimson is just a fairy tale which nobody believes in, until one day a new mining project uncovers an entire Crimson cave, which within a month overtakes the entire modern city of Terra. This is the story of Jay. Will he purify the city? Or will the crushing weight of his task stop him? Find out now!

Story Chapters

It was a beautiful winter day in the modern city of Terra. Jay, a young man who looked to be around 20 was fast asleep, when his phone rang. His ringtone, MEGALOVANIA started playing, as he woke up and scrambled to grab his phone. Instead, he fell off the bed with a loud THUD on the carpet. He stood up and grabbed his phone.
Sam Rose calling...
"...yes?"
"Hey, I think you need to come see this."
"It's early morning, can't I just get some rest?"
"Jay, you overslept again. It's 11:10!"
"sigh... okay, where are you?"
"Over at that huge mining drill the Terra Mining Company set up."
"...Why?"
Jay didn't get a response. Instead, he heard Sam Rose scream and drop her phone on the hard rock. Jay didn't even get into clean clothes, he still wore his pajamas he had slept in. He grabbed the old decorative sword on his wall and ran outside.
It was eerily quiet, and not a soul was outside except for him.
"What the heck...first that phone call, now there's not a soul here!"
He started running faster now. "Surely there's gotta be someone out here, right?"
But it was silent other than his feet crunching against a thin layer of snow. He didn't even notice the cold right now. Jay's mind raced, and so did his body. Past his dark blue hair, he could see the huge drill, covered in blood.
He heard voices yelling and screaming. Not wasting a moment, he vaulted over the gate with his free hand and dashed down the stairs.
"What...is that?" said one voice
"Wait..." said another
"I know what this is!" said a third
"What?" asked the second.
"This is the Crimson! It's just like the old tales describe it! Crimson rock, bloody spiders, zombies that sound like they are smoking..."
Clang, clang, clang. The sound of someone pounding up the stairs. It was Sam Rose, Jay's best friend.
"Wow, even in a time of emergency I didn't expect you to be here this fast. You know what's happening?" Sam Rose said, the panic in her voice slowly rising.
"I heard," replied Jay. "The Crimson is apparently real."
"What can we do?" asked Sam Rose.
"Why, head down in there, and find the source of it."
"Are you crazy?!" Sam Rose yelled. "You only have your ancient decorative sword, and all I have is my bow and 12 arrows!"
"I'm sure that Maurice guy can help us." Jay replied in a forced, casual tone.
"Knowing you, there's nothing I can do to stop you. Might as well follow you, as you won't stop now." Sam Rose said, clearly annoyed.
=#=
Jay headed back to his small house, and went to his room. He placed the decorative sword back on its shelf, and got dressed. He quickly put on his hiking shoes, put on a jacket, and grabbed the pouch containing $5 in quarters and a pocketknife. He walked outside, locked the door behind him, and half walked-half ran to Sam Rose's apartment.
"Ready?" Jay asked.
"I guess so..." Sam Rose replied. Her long, bright blond hair disappeared in nearly an instant as she ran down the stairs towards the gun store. Jay caught up, and they pushed open the door to the store. It was a small place, and it held guns of various shapes and sizes in display cases.
"Welcome, what can do you need from Maurice, the best arms dealer in town!" The man winked, but it was difficult to see past his black grey-ish hair which had fallen past his eyes.
"...Maurice, you're the only arms dealer in town." Sam Rose said.
"No need to be so rude. Now, buy something or stop wasting my time." Maurice shot back.
"What's the best gun you got?" Jay asked.
"See, this guy's nice. You should be more like him. Anyways, if you're into pistols we have the Phoenix Blaster, if you're a minigun type of person we have the Megashark, and for shotguns the Onyx Blaster."
"What about that fancy gun over there?" Sam Rose pointed towards a greenish-blue and gray gun.
"Ah, the Vortex Beater. Catastrophic mixture of pew pew and boom boom. That's our only one, and someone's got it ordered already." Maurice said.
Jay sighed. "Sammy, what do you want?"
"Don't call me that."
"Okay, Rosy."
"Shut it. Anyways, I want the Phoenix Blaster."
"Alright, then I'll take the Megashark."
"$35"
"Crap, I forgot my wallet."
Sam Rose placed two 20s on the counter.
Maurice handed her a $5 bill, and walked out to the back. He emerged carrying two guns, one that was a pistol colored orange, and a minigun that looked like a shark. He handed Sam Rose the orange gun, and Jay the shark gun.
"Pleasure doing business with you. Come again soon!"
"Heh... hopefully." Jay said quietly.

So! What do you think? Will Jay and Sam Rose stop the Crimson, or are they complete idiots for trying this terrible plan? Find out soon...
maybe...
possibly...
hopefully...

Back
Top Bottom