Things in the game that were better the first time round

breadbin

Terrarian
Just wondering if anyone else preferred anything in the game before it was changed by an update. I have 2 or 3 that I wish were left alone.

I preferred it when the clowns were able to blow up your Base. Made it a bit more exciting. I remember the first time I seen it happen. I was shocked!

I also wish they didn't make crafting a grappling hook so easy with gems. Was much better before this as we had to kill a load of skeletons and hope and pray they dropped a hook. Far too easy now to mine a few topaz and get a hook.

Lastly, I don't like the way in the 1.3 update you get a banner on your 50th kill. Much prefer the grinding and the feeling you get when you get what you were after for so long.

I wonder is it worth suggesting that the devs make settings like these toggleable in the menu somewhere?

Lastly, I don't like the way in the 1.3 update you get a banner on your 50th kill. Much prefer the grinding and the feeling you get when you get what you were after for so long.
Sometimes, I feel this way as well.

I wish they had not changed the summoning statues mechanics. They were way better before. Also, I have a felling that will come up a lot.

the only thing I can think of was the mudstone brick change they made in 1.2, but then rectified in 1.3. Sooo... at least it looks a lot better now than it did in 1.2.

Can't really think of anything else really... My main focus is on building things...:dryadtongue:

The biggest one for me was that I liked it when Corrupters could spread Corruption with their spit back in 1.1. It made the Corruption feel more dangerous and that it had many ways it would try to Corrupt your Sacred World other than just spreading through blocks. I would've liked to see Crimeras gain this ability to spread Crimson in 1.2 as well.

There's also the change to hammer mechanics. Considering I'm a shift-click player and keep my tools in my inventory rather than hotbar it is more tedious to have to move my hammer to my hotbar to use it. While I like the ability to give slopes to blocks, it isn't possible to shift click to break walls any longer.

I also preferred when the Ice Golem would always drop 1 piece of the Frost Armor upon defeat rather than a Frost Core used to craft it. As well as when the Mushroom Spear could be bought right when the Truffle NPC moved in rather than after 1 Mech Boss being defeated. I understand why they had to change these elements because it made your character slightly Overpowered at the beginning of Hardmode, but still.

As well as when Fishron didn't enrage when leaving the Ocean. Considering Fishron became easy by using the long bridge method I understand why they made Fishron do this. While it was fun to be able to get Fishron's equipment this way, it is still good that players have to work a little harder to beat Fishron now considering the power of its rewards.

Even though I started Terraria in 1.1 I would've also said it was cool how Lava Slimes dropped Lava after they are defeated, but considering they have that feature in Expert Mode now it is better implemented that way than it would've been.

I personally didn't get to see Corruptors spreading biomes since I started in 1.2.4, but I really wish that I did. Sounds like something that would have fit in perfectly for Expert mode.

Aw didn't know they stopped the corruption being spread by spit. It is a pity and would be ideal in expert mode. Maybe that could be toggleable too:)

I was actually digging a six wide lane to stop the spread today and one came along. I blocked the top with dirt so as he wouldn't spit. I remember they were pain in the a$$ but made it interesting!

Back
Top Bottom