Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Windows 7
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
When making a super-frugal house, it will be suitable and you can force NPCs to live there but they won't show up there on their own, even if they'd be happy enough to sell a pylon there. I think this is a bug, but if it's intended behavior, I would really like for there to be some indication via Housing Query, like "This housing is suitable, but not preferable."

That would make things a bit too easy I think, however you can just read NPC's happiness description after whey have moved in. :D

That's the thing though. Even if they'd be happy enough to sell a pylon there, they won't move in, and there's no indicator of how small that is.

That's the thing though. Even if they'd be happy enough to sell a pylon there, they won't move in, and there's no indicator of how small that is.
Are you try to move away from house? NPC usualy appear if you away from house.

Even when I go away from the house (and increase luck significantly), no NPCs arrive. Also, I'm not talking about literally moving in, I'm talking about spawning the NPC. Sorry for the confusion there. This is definitely jank.

Even when I go away from the house (and increase luck significantly), no NPCs arrive. Also, I'm not talking about literally moving in, I'm talking about spawning the NPC. Sorry for the confusion there. This is definitely jank.
NPC already live in house or not? I mean other home or smth.

I'm a little unclear on exactly what you are trying to report here.

Luck has no impact on NPCs moving in, and if it did, the impact would not make or break NPCs moving in, so its unlikely to be related in any way.

NPC housing has no real correlation with NPC Happiness preference.

So if your NPCs are not moving in, its because the housing is not valid.

If you check the housing flags, does the NPC in question occupy it? It sounds like your NPC has moved in, but you haven't seen the NPC there yet. They teleport back home at night, during rain, or invasion, as long as the home is well-off your screen.

It's clear that nobody understands what I'm saying and that's at least partially my fault. I'll come back with more data on this later, and probably make a new thread for it.

Back
Top Bottom